What's new

Tech New F3 crossup/ Pressure

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I'm new to GL... was wondering what the benefit is of going for the cross up f3 vs the ambiguous crossup j3 after a trait LM hard knockdown? Ambiguous j3 avoid stupid wakeups like MMH's push (I'm pretty sure MMH can just mash left right left 3 and it'll come out on whatever side you f3 - he doesn't even have to guess). Ambiguous j3 also does the same or more damage (I think - again, I'm new to GL).

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I know this is old, but I can't get this down for anything. I dash in after the LM and it never crosses up. Any suggestions?

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
Fack you man you had me rooting for you in that tourney like a little school girl then you drop that combo. Why you gotta play with my feelings like that maaan
Lmao man I know I know my heart breaks every time I watch it dude!!! I was going to shout you out too!!!!!:(

mwelele zaza

Aioffe Belle
I had not been able to make a thread with all the tech I found over the weekend until. Now IMO this will somewhat change the way GL can be played and adds alot to his arsenal. First I will show you a video of the mb or pressure I recommend gl players should add to their game so they can set up the f3 crossup.

The mb or will jail the opponent for more pressure if needed. There are a few characters that their hitbox will make the mb or whiff and you will have to do a b13 crp or b1 crp first which spaces the opponent perfectly for a b1 mb or which will then not whiff. Heres a list of those characters courtesy of crimson:
Batman
Nightwing (Staff stance)
Catwoman
Killer Frost
Flash
Zatanna
Aquaman
Raven
Batgirl
Shazam
Hawkgirl
Harley
Ares
Sinestro

Now we get to the good part:

The pressure showed earlier can set this up which is an untechable oh crossup which also reverses their wake up inputs. There are a lot of reasons why i believe this setup is superior to the mb lm setup. First off it reverses your opponents wake up inputs. Also the combos leading to this setup will alllways do more damage the the mb lm setup. For example most people will do b13 trait lm 223 mb lm for 24% while b13 mb or ji3 b13 trait lm does 28%. On top of that this setup will leave you with a lot more trait for further shenanigans. You can slightly delay the f3 as to not make it crossup as shown here:

Even if the opponent does reverse their inputs and is able to wake up, there is a large number of wakeups which will whiff leaving them open for a full punish. Characters like cyborg and aquaman cannot wake up whatsover since all their wakeups will whiff using this setup.

Here are other ways you can set this up:
j13 b13 mb or ji2 d2 trait lm
f3 ji2 b23 mb or d2 trait lm
223 mb or ji2 d2 trait lm
Hi am using a mobile phone so I can't see the video can u please send me the video URL but edit it e.g you!tube.com/watch then I will just delete the "!" So that I can see the video thanks