What's new

Tech New F3 crossup/ Pressure

Urtog

Noob
yeah seems like the only legit way. The only other set-up that seemed hopeful was starting and ending a combo with F3 in the corner giving you the hard knock down and then dashing in for the F3 cross up

The problem was that if they go to block the cross up, the F3 whiffs leaving you to get raped. someone said the f3 doesn't crossup even if you block normally but I am pretty sure they was doing it wrong 'cause that was not the case when i tried. May be worth playing around with further
I was messing around with another corner setup trying to get a f3 to cross up. I was doing f3 d2 mb crp dash dash. Sometimes a single dash would work. When testing on a big character the dash wouldn't get me far enough in for the f3 to cross up I had to jump in then f3.

Anyway I did come across a similar problem like with the tech in that video. When blocking the cross up it would whiff, but not always. I was able to get the f3 to connect whether it was blocked or not. Was that the case with the tech from that video, would it sometimes work? If not and mine is different maybe someone else wants to test it. I'm not sure what I was doing differently each try to make it work, it always looked the same to me, maybe it's just random or something to precise to get consistently.

Last edited:

GGA Wafflez

the kid
good stuff, is the damage difference between the j3/j2 otg substantial from this f3 setup? it seems like with all of these vortex mixups, it's just personal preference. the reason why i like to do the j3/j2 vortex, is because it requires the same amount of time (from when you have to jump) as the b1 otg. ima try this and see how it goes. obviously you can use it along with those 2 vortexs if you wanna use your brain in playing this game, but ima keep it simple stupid, seems to work except against hawkgirl luuuuuuuuuuuuulz

THIS is what I wanna know. Wake-ups kick my ass more often then I'd like
They definitely can, but it's a guessing game as to which side to do the inputs. And characters like Deathstroke and Wonder Woman who have a wake up using the same inputs just reversed (DB 3 and DF 3) will punish this set up so avoid doing it to those characters.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
They definitely can, but it's a guessing game as to which side to do the inputs. And characters like Deathstroke and Wonder Woman who have a wake up using the same inputs just reversed (DB 3 and DF 3) will punish this set up so avoid doing it to those characters.
Oh I see,so it's less anti-wake up and more of "Guess right fool or ur about to eat this 45%+ combo" LoL.Got it

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Any of u better GL players playing on PS4 yet?? I could learn a lot,excited to see all this new tech too..making me pick the game back up

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Anybody have any advice for me on landing this certain combo string?? For the life of me I can't land the B3 after J3, 2, 2, MB OR
Any advice from the Corps??

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
So one more 2 is throwing me off that much?? It's just easier for me to confirm is all
And so delaying the MB will give me the time to hit B3??
yeah delay it a little, too long wont work either, once you get the timing its easy, you can b2 or mb also but thats stricter than 2

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
yeah delay it a little, too long wont work either, once you get the timing its easy, you can b2 or mb also but thats stricter than 2
Yea B2 by itself into MB OR is a bytch for me to pull off,especially online..was trying to get the timing using 2,2. Thanx for ur timing advice/help tho..I need to just practice then

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Yeah just delay the MB slightly. Just hit confirm 22 and do f3 for 40%+. Use 2 when your certain the j3 is gonna hit.
Yea that's a good idea,to make it a bit more practical for myself I may just have to do the F3 version..I just want that 50%+ is all =-)
The B3's been kickin my ass...I know I wont be able to do it online