What's new

Tech New F3 crossup/ Pressure

Is it ONLY off of Trait LM?
yeah seems like the only legit way. The only other set-up that seemed hopeful was starting and ending a combo with F3 in the corner giving you the hard knock down and then dashing in for the F3 cross up

The problem was that if they go to block the cross up, the F3 whiffs leaving you to get raped. someone said the f3 doesn't crossup even if you block normally but I am pretty sure they was doing it wrong 'cause that was not the case when i tried. May be worth playing around with further

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
would would you do against batgirl's retarded wakeup batwheel or smoke bomb? would the F3 make the smoke bomb whiff? (at work can't test). Or do you just resign yourself to the fact that you have little to no oki against her on knockdown?

would would you do against batgirl's retarded wakeup batwheel or smoke bomb? would the F3 make the smoke bomb whiff? (at work can't test). Or do you just resign yourself to the fact that you have little to no oki against her on knockdown?
I've yet to find anything to deal with Smoke Bomb besides just blocking it or F3 MB.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
This set up is really fun to use on people. I used it the past few nights and the dash timing after the lm really plays a nice mind game as to if it will or wont cross up. Now I just have to make the cross up more consistent. This is a fun find.

Ashenar

yeah seems like the only legit way. The only other set-up that seemed hopeful was starting and ending a combo with F3 in the corner giving you the hard knock down and then dashing in for the F3 cross up

The problem was that if they go to block the cross up, the F3 whiffs leaving you to get raped. someone said the f3 doesn't crossup even if you block normally but I am pretty sure they was doing it wrong 'cause that was not the case when i tried. May be worth playing around with further
I'll give this one a try tonight against some of the people I play. Have you tried doing this off 223? Maybe the double dash works?

Ashenar

I'd love to say that reading wake ups in this game would be on read. It's more of a guess considering certain characters having 2-4 options to wake up with. While in street fighter there is only a few characters with those kind of options and they normally don't lead to much afterward like batgirl.
Yeah I know. But if you see your opponent prefers the Bat Wheel, which is safe, versus the Smoke Bomb it could be useful.

Ashenar

It's all a real guess in the end. Just like doomsday with his random 2-3 wake ups or flash cept they are easier to deal with on wake up.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
You don't want to rush her down too hard, it's a patient/guessing game like Ashenar says. I like doing turbine setups on batgirl because you can just keep walking backwards and bait a wake up (both cartwheel and smokebomb are punishable if she wakes up with these), after they respect the setup you can go for oki.

Ashenar

You don't want to rush her down too hard, it's a patient/guessing game like Ashenar says. I like doing turbine setups on batgirl because you can just keep walking backwards and bait a wake up (both cartwheel and smokebomb are punishable if she wakes up with these), after they respect the setup you can go for oki.
My biggest dislikes with the wake up game from batgirl is the whiff recovery on her smokebomb. Half the time when you continue to walk back she ends up whiffing it and it seams to be even safer then the recovery animation shows.

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
Just dropping off my bnb to this tech.

Back 1, OR MB, F3, JF2, Back 1 3, Trait, LM {This setup}

Last edited:

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
GL TOO STRONK.

Really though, good shit guys. So good to see an explosion of tech after a little dead period