What's new

New Ermac tech discovered.. looking for PSN user with camcorder

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
I discovered new Ermac tech and want to share it with the community. 'm looking for someone with a recorder so that I can demonstrate it and have it recorded so that I can edit the video to include explanations of the tech so it can be submitted to TYM. PM me on PSN "Charlie2417".

zaf

professor
Or you can just share it with us and we can see what this is. Whether it is a tech or not.
We can worry about the filming and videos later.

Online is the worst place to test something

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Do share, but online is 100% garbage for testing purposes. If it's legitimate tech you'll receive a shoutout as the finder.

Whether it's new or stuff already known, I always love these threads. I think it's just the anticipation to see what it is that gets everyone so excited.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
This reminds me of XBLMindGamez who posted a similar thread in the Scorpion forums.
This guy might actually come through though.

What's the new Ermac tech???

RoGE

Noob
There should be a new rule where you have to actually POST the new tech because asking for people to record it could potentially just waste someone's time.

charlieonline

Alright folks here is the tech.

There is some noise about instant air blast not being used enough and that doing an instant air blast makes you somewhat safe because of the knock back. Well, 3 and b11 link into hover slam and when canceled into instant air blast it knocks your opponent back and you are safe. The b34 and 33 also cancel and the air blast hits but 3 and b11 are better strings IMO. All other strings whiff. It is not a frame trap, but more similar to the b2 trick. This technique is actually very difficult to see coming and react to when done under pressure.

What this does is create hesitation. Ducking, instant air punching and uppercutting can beat this.. however, both 3 and b11 lead to full combos on a wrong guess. Any hesitation and you get nailed by the blast and Ermac is safe. The tech can be made risky by canceling to a teleport if you read the opponent will attempt to hit you. With the usage of 1 bar you can also hold hover slam and stay in there face, in the air. Ex hover can be held and then cancelled into blast or tele.

What I find the most interesting about this tech is that it has the possibility to become a game changer for the Ermac playstyle. As I am not a Ermac main and came across this by accident I invite all of you guys to explore this tech.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Thats coo.. It seems more like shenanigans tho because that close on reaction most any moves will knock mac down.. I dunno, ill def check it out tomorrow tho.
Good shit tho

zaf

professor
Ivr already posted this. Its not new. Especially with b11. This is nothing special. It wont work

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

zaf

professor
It is just a gimmick, there is no real threat from this.
No one will stop blocking after b11 to wait for the levitate, they will only unblock when they see the levitate.
So the hesitation aspect of this really does not work.
The airblast can be ducked, and you can be hit on the way down.
Tricking them and going for the teleport won't work. They will either be poking and the teleport will whiff over them or they will see that coming and just keep blocking. This is something you can try against someone if they have never seen this. But in no way is this a staple set up to be using in your main play. Its not going to go very far. I even mentioned this to Metzos in a PM. And im sure if there was a whole lot more to this, then he would of got back to me about this.

I really am not trying to be mean, but I hate when people who do not play ermac think they have found something. Also the fact that he points out we can use a meter for ex levitate to stay in the air? Common, all of us ermac mains know that by holding block he stays in the air, not using ex. This is what I mean, someone who doesn't know how the character works, believes they find something.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It may not be too practical, but at least Brother Charlie's trying to help the cause of the Many :).

I'm in the process of putting together an Ermac Guide - not so much your typical guide as a composition book full of notes, details and ideas collected in one place - that I'm gonna be posting up once it's a little more solidified, and one of my bigger focuses is gonna be the tricks you can play off of Floats and iAFB's (especially fullscreen as a zoning tactic ala Sindel), character by character...there are some people in this game you don't even wanna bother taking to the air against, for sure, but there are others who you can really take to town and keep the momentum against if you play your cards right.
Challenging up-close with Float strings is a bad idea...too much risk, not enough reward, especially against anyone with a Teleport or a launcher/jab juggle. Cage? Will kill you. Noob? Dead. Nightwolf? Dead.
Fullscreen, however, the Float game can change against all of them, but my unholy sandwiches do you have to be careful. Cage cant touch you without you being able to see it coming first (except maybe Red Kick, idk if it can be dodged), Noob can Teleslam, but that's a 50/50 situation reset and whoever's at advantage depends entirely on screen placement, Nightwolf can't beat you to the punch without you being able to at least get out of the way first and get your footing.
It's not Sindel Float Cancel good, but it's absolutely viable, just not so much up-close...replacing JIP's with iAFB's for stuns, yes, but trying to get it out of the Float just leaves too many vulnerable frames.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
yeah, no one should discourage someone when trying to present something to everyone else that could "help" them.

Good stuff, charlieonline - I, myself have been messing w/ Ermac again TRYING to find something different and useful with him and so far it's just been damaging combos... for example I have been messing with b2. I believe Ermac's charged b2 should be used and cancelled out of more... and also using it to get a free teleport to build some meter: b2, db4, tks, neutral 1,2 , tkp or f4 to reset. Although this doesn't do great damage... it's something different. I get bored as hell doing the standard Ermac combos.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Thnx for posting this Charlie. Yeah me and zaf have discussed about this and the reason i didnt post anything regarding this was simply the fact that you can punish the levitate on reaction into a full combo with many characters, if not all. Plus the risk is huge. B114 is safe on block regardless if it is -4f on block. The pushback it gives brings Ermac in a safe position.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
yeah, no one should discourage someone when trying to present something to everyone else that could "help" them.

Good stuff, charlieonline - I, myself have been messing w/ Ermac again TRYING to find something different and useful with him and so far it's just been damaging combos... for example I have been messing with b2. I believe Ermac's charged b2 should be used and cancelled out of more... and also using it to get a free teleport to build some meter: b2, db4, tks, neutral 1,2 , tkp or f4 to reset. Although this doesn't do great damage... it's something different. I get bored as hell doing the standard Ermac combos.

If b2 connects you can simply do: b2 b1 tks jk tp dash f4. Better dmg and reset.

charlieonline

Zaf link the thread where you talk about it. I'd love to see it, maybe I missed something.

However, I think you are missing the big picture here Zaf. I'm actually considering dropping my main Sub Zero to focus more on this play style because I find it really fun.

See if people started respecting Ermac's jips and close up game it would open him up to a whole new play style. I believe this tech can help evolve his play style. Let me explain how.

First, you know how when Cyber Sub conditions his opponents to not jump or let go of block after 21, 21 1+2 strings by doing well timed dive kicks? Then once they do start respecting that option he gets jip opportunities. Ermac can do that with air blast. His air blast at a certain range actually stuffs Kung Lao's spin on hit and makes him safe on block. If KL attempts to spin Ermac gets a free lift when air blast hits, that's 30% or something like 20% unblockable into zoning/vortex setups. Do you know what this means? This means if the game of Ermac started to shift toward this air blast play, KL would simply stop spinning Ermac's jump in attempts. Why risk eating a 30% combo or levi+push unblockable? By forcing respect in this scenario Ermac gets jip block string opportunities that can build up to half a bar. That is no joke. And of course, it leads to this tech =)

Secondly, this tech attempts to do this but during a block string. You know why I thought it to be good tech? Because PerfectLegend is able to make Raiden's teleport look safe due to his play style. No one can deny how unsafe Raiden's teleport is and how punishable it is yet PL pulled off a Raiden using heavy teleports. Can you answer me why nobody punished them? Because they are added layers of BS his opponents had to filter. Mind games. So why couldn't Ermac do that? I think it be foolish to discard something like this because it does not work for you. It's possible someone else with the right talent will be able to incorporate this into their play style and flourish with it.

Finally, it does get punished, just like many other characters techs, but this one is for Ermac. I wasn't to crazy about Ermac's game before I started using this and his air blast. In fact, air blast alone is what makes me like the character. There's just something so satisfying about a deep jump in kick air blast that pisses people off because they can't do anything about your jump in. They get hit by air blast, jip combo, jip air blast, deep jik air blast etc. All this leads to confusion, hesitation and grants more opportunities. At the end of the day, getting in the mind of your opponent is what you want and this tech gives you another layer of BS that your opponent must filter. +1 for Ermac.

I believe Ermac is more than meets the eye and this, along with more b2 cancels, is just the tip of the iceberg.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
^the thing is tho is that its unsafe. Fatal damn near. Because you cant iab out of levitate, only at the peak can you afb. Thats more that anough time for someone to react and punish. And even if you did get them once, if they were a competent player, they would not let that happen again. Ermac against ermac id hope to God u did some shit like this cuz thats an easy 40+% combo.. I dont think anyone thats been n the mac forums, especially recently, believes mac is still 'just a zoner'. Outside preception is what makes people think hes confined to tkp n tks n shit. We have evolved with the game brotha and mac is much more well rounded. Thanks for your input tho! Do not stop searching! Cuz we all lookin for a new edge for mac

Edit:eek:h shit, one more thing. Iafb only give good stun you do not get anything free but a throw. No tks or tkp.