What's new

New D'vorah design and female Noob Saibot?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
People like you are so rude. What an unnecessary opinion.

These characters ARE racist to actual Native Americans and mock their cultures with no historical significance. It's embarrassing that we even got these characters in the first place. If they want to include these characters, they should do better and do what they did for Chief Thunder in Killer Instinct. Until then, leave it.
cry moar over pixels pls :)

Nightwolf and T. Hawk are fine characters, and i think they make natives look bad ass >.>

Last edited:

SubZeroIce

Runway
Motherfucker I am Huron. I think I know whats up. Characters like T.Hawk and Nightwolf I found super empowering as a kid because they were basically superhero versions of what I thought native people could be.

But sure please explain to me in great deal how I don't know what I am talking about. NRS doesn't need to pay some tribal council for their "blessing" on nightwolf like they did for KI.
That's good for YOU but you don't represent the masses. Native Americans are still being treated like dirt in this country, especially after this past weekend with those stupid kids mocking the protester. Being Huron, you understand the damage some of these characters do to a community who's culture is already being diminished and mocked for centuries. If it's not done right, it means nothing. They're profiting off these characters, the least they can do is get the blessing and make them as accurate as possible.

It was so easy for Capcom to change M. Bison to Balrog in fear of a lawsuit when using someone's likeness, I expect the same level of respect for Natives.

I'm not offended.
Are you Native American? I've seen actual Native American people upset at inaccurate representations far more than I've seen Natives saying "I'm not offended". Regardless if you are or not offended, the rest of the community is and that's more important.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
and honestly if i had or ever would design such characters, i would ignore people who complain about it being offensive, rather than cave into them.

SubZeroIce

Runway
Maybe I don't but I sure as shit represent it a lot better than you, so don't go telling me the characters I loved growing up are somehow racist against me.
I'm sure if you grew up a Redskins fan or a Cleveland Indians fan, you wouldn't think those were racist either now would you?

and honestly if i had or ever would design such characters, i would ignore people who say stuff like this, rather than cave into them.
And this is why people like you will never be able to design such characters. Ignoring stuff like this only hurts communities that you're trying to profit off of. You can't get far in this world with a stubborn approach to insensitive & racist caricatures of characters you draw belonging to a community you don't belong to.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I'm sure if you grew up a Redskins fan or a Cleveland Indians fan, you wouldn't think those were racist either now would you?

And this is why people like you will never be able to design such characters. Ignoring stuff like this only hurts communities that you're trying to profit off of. You can't get far in this world with a stubborn approach to insensitive & racist caricatures of characters you draw belonging to a community you don't belong to.
Money speaks louder than feelings unfortunately.

If the majority likes something, they'll spend money on it, regardless if it's something a few of you find offensive.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
That's good for YOU but you don't represent the masses. Native Americans are still being treated like dirt in this country, especially after this past weekend with those stupid kids mocking the protester. Being Huron, you understand the damage some of these characters do to a community who's culture is already being diminished and mocked for centuries. If it's not done right, it means nothing. They're profiting off these characters, the least they can do is get the blessing and make them as accurate as possible.

It was so easy for Capcom to change M. Bison to Balrog in fear of a lawsuit when using someone's likeness, I expect the same level of respect for Natives.

Are you Native American? I've seen actual Native American people upset at inaccurate representations far more than I've seen Natives saying "I'm not offended". Regardless if you are or not offended, the rest of the community is and that's more important.
Are you?

SubZeroIce

Runway
You telling a native person how they should feel about native representation, actually is low-key racist FYI.
Not telling you how to feel, simply telling you what I've seen the past few years from actual Native American communities and their opinion on things representing them. You should try speaking to more people in your community and get a better understanding as to why they're offended. If it doesn't offend you, that's great, but don't be ignorant to it's effect on thousands of Native Americans and the implications these stereotypes hold.

Money speaks louder than feelings unfortunately.

If the majority likes something, they'll spend money on it, regardless if it's something a few of you find offensive.
It's not a few, it's the community the character is meant to represent.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Its funny how so many threads seem to devolve into this garbage lately, can we stop pls?

And yet plenty of people would still buy the game or product despite your feelings and it would make plenty of money still, so your point is moot yet again.

There are plenty of comedians out there who's content im sure you would probably be offended by, and they make enough money to live comfortably.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Some gays and black people support Trump.
Some people are just that self-loathing.
Wait what, so I am just some self loathing 'injun to you then? Get fucked bud.

Not telling you how to feel, simply telling you what I've seen the past few years from actual Native American communities and their opinion on things representing them. You should try speaking to more people in your community and get a better understanding as to why they're offended. If it doesn't offend you, that's great, but don't be ignorant to it's effect on thousands of Native Americans and the implications these stereotypes hold.
Hi we aren't all mystical hobbits that live in giant teepee communities together. I am just a dude who lives in an apartment in a small town. The people in "my community" are the loud neighbours upstairs and the guy who owns the comic store across the street.

Most people who want to be offended, are offended because they think they can get something out of it, be it financial or for some perceived community status gain.

SubZeroIce

Runway
Its funny how so many threads seem to devolve into this garbage lately, can we stop pls?

And yet plenty of people would still buy the game or product despite your feelings and it would make plenty of money still, so your point is moot yet again.

There are plenty of comedians out there who's content im sure you would probably be offended by, and they make enough money to live comfortably.
That user started it with an unnecessary rude remark about the sudden increase in inclusivity (specifcally a reference to the LGBT) and you extended it with your random anecdote about not caring about how others feel.

Sure plenty of people would but no brand can survive on things like that and it's not a good look period. I can already tell you don't work in a very professional field because virtually every single company worth a damn is inclusive and conscience of minorities and cultures. If you alienate an entire sect of people, you lose money until you make a very easy change. Clearly MK doesn't follow your motto seeing as they apologized and amended Tanya's design in MKX when it was shown she was white-washed.

SubZeroIce

Runway
Wait what, so I am just some self loathing 'injun to you then? Get fucked bud.

Hi we aren't all mystical hobbits that live in giant teepee communities together. I am just a dude who lives in an apartment in a small town. The people in "my community" are the loud neighbours upstairs and the guy who owns the comic store across the street.

Most people who want to be offended, are offended because they think they can get something out of it, be it financial or for some perceived community status gain.
Honestly, from some of the things you have said in this thread, it does sound like you're self loathing since you're more concerned with yourself and your fighting game character role models than actual Native American people but to each his own I guess.

The bigger reason I was checking you for was the unnecessarily rude comment you made about the increase in representation and acting like it was a bad thing. Don't be rude and don't be a bigot. You had no reason to make that ignorant comment besides some transphobia to look edgy.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
it does sound like you're self loathing since you're more concerned with yourself and your fighting game character role models than actual Native American people but to each his own I guess.
More telling me how I should feel about things. You actually are a racist. I don't fit whatever little mold you think I belong in so you don't like it. Most SJW types don't realize they are worse than the imaginary bigots they decry.

I hope Nightwolf comes back to MK11 as is, and you cry your eyes out.

SubZeroIce

Runway
More telling me how I should feel about things. You actually are a racist. I don't fit whatever little mold you think I belong in so you don't like it. Most SJW types don't realize they are worse than the imaginary bigots they decry.

I hope Nightwolf comes back to MK11 as is, and you cry your eyes out.
Nightwolf is one of my faves actually. I love the character and I know NRS/WB would never make the mistake of releasing a culturally insensitive character in this climate because unlike you, they're professionals and practical.

Most people like you are so quick to label anyone with common human decency as an SJW without seeing the harmful implications of the things they say (and for no reason, unprovoked).

Fact of the matter is, you had no right to mock the Trans community or speak ill on inclusive characters. It didn't make you edgy, it wasn't funny and it just shows your bigotry.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
That user started it with an unnecessary rude remark about the sudden increase in inclusivity (specifcally a reference to the LGBT) and you extended it with your random anecdote about not caring about how others feel.

Sure plenty of people would but no brand can survive on things like that and it's not a good look period. I can already tell you don't work in a very professional field because virtually every single company worth a damn is inclusive and conscience of minorities and cultures. If you alienate an entire sect of people, you lose money until you make a very easy change. Clearly MK doesn't follow your motto seeing as they apologized and amended Tanya's design in MKX when it was shown she was white-washed.
i didnt even know that was a thing, probably because i'm not much of a tanya fan to begin with.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I am a proud total ~SJW~ and even I think @Evil Canadian is well within his rights as a First Nations person to like whatever Native characters he wants. It is patronizing to act like he isn't intelligent enough to assess a stereotypical representation of his own race and decide it doesn't bother him. For a lot of people, a stereotypical representation feels better than no representation at all. That's a perfectly valid way to feel.

SubZeroIce

Runway
I am a proud total ~SJW~ and even I think @Evil Canadian is well within his rights as a First Nations person to like whatever Native characters he wants. It is patronizing to act like he isn't intelligent enough to assess a stereotypical representation of his own race and decide it doesn't bother him. For a lot of people, a stereotypical representation feels better than no representation at all. That's a perfectly valid way to feel.
And of course that's fine, but I was more so referring to the blatant transphobia and mocking representation-neither of which are ever okay by any group.