What's new

NEW DR. FATE GAMEPLAY + others

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I dont know why NRS does this. I mean, i get it but at least get people less annoying and who can play. Didnt they had an annoying person when MKX came out?
I only remember them having a gameplay party with actual fun people to watch, I remember Geoff InControl Robison was was of them

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Oh I just remembered, why the fuck didn't they have Conan do the reveal instead?
His videos with injustice and MKX were fuckin godlike and actually entertaining eventhough they were almost as bad as this gameplay-wise lol.
Maybe they'll have one coming soon and revealing Caption Cold.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Batman, blue beetle, Harley, black canary, super girl, aquaman, atrocitous, swampthing...

I don't see what you mean by all the traits being the same. In fact, everyone so far has very unique traits bar superman, firestorm and fate which still operate vastly differently.
The effects of the traits are very different but the format for most of them is a bar that you activate on a timer with a refresh rate. Atrocitus would actually be an exact example of that, you call out Dexstar (activate trait) then go nuts as much as you can while he is out, then its on a refresh timer before you can do it again. For some characters like him this kind of trait makes sense but it's like they are forcing the bar on a timer with a refresh onto too many characters to make the HUD consistent or something.

I'm fine with this format being the most common type of trait but there are just too many characters with it right now and I think they could have been a little more creative instead of modelling most traits after Instinct meters/V-triggers.

Examples of the biggest offenders in my mind:

Deadshot - this just makes no sense. His trait is based on ammunition, not a super power, so why is it based of a timer instead of based on the number of enhanced shots he gets? It should be straight up green arrow/lobo trait where he reloads his wepaon to load 3 fire rounds into his gun so his next 3 shots are fire rounds. Instead its activate trait then interchange between all 3 types of rounds as much as you want for the next 15 seconds, makes no sense. I dont want to be forced to go nuts for 15 seconds or end up wasting my trait because those were the only 15 seconds it was active. Let me choose when I want to use them, if I want to go nuts and use them all at once I can, if I want to save them for the right moment I can too.

Grodd - Activate trait then have access to like 10 new telekinetic moves, but it only lasts 15 seconds so make sure you just go nuts again otherwise you just wasted your trait. Grodd could have easily been a character where the 4 button was just dedicated to any telekinetic attacks in strings and his special inputs with 4 could have been his telekinetic specials. Why does he have to activate something to gain access to telekinetics? He should have them all the time.

Firestorm - They said his trait was 3 different nuclear levels, I was hoping this would mean managing all 3, but nope, you just activate trait then the bar starts depleting but oh look its split into 3 pieces. Why is this not a killer frost trait where you have to charge it to increase your nuclear level?

The 90% thing was an exaggeration obviously but the last 4 characters we learned about how their traits work (Firestorm, GL, Cheetah, and now Fate) were all just activate to get buffed moves traits. Out of all the characters whose traits we know about 9 are buff into extra moves format (Supes, WW, Atrocitus, Grodd, DS, Cheetah, Fate, GL, Firestorm) and 6 are something else (Batman, Supergirl, Aquaman, Beetle, Canary, Swampy).

At this rate Bane won't even have 3 levels of debuff, a neutral state, and 3 levels of venom, he's going to be just neutral state and venom state. Hope I'm wrong

/walloftext

Last edited:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
This video is for Upupdowndown fans, hence why it's on their channel.

They don't care about Injustice, they want to see wrestler girls do stupid crap, because they like them.

They have traditional reveals for fans of the game.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Ugh so Dr Fates trait is just another "activate this then get buffs until time runs out." I was hoping that was going to be a gear move and calling out the little yellow anhks would be his trait so it would require actual management. Why is every trait in this game just a buff over time now? Are they just trying to turn them all into Instinct meters?

Where are the traits you have to work for and manage like Sinestros? Is Bane just going to be normal state and then activate into venom state with zero management of venom levels or debuff levels? They seem to have lost all creativity with the traits because they are scared of making a character with a useless trait (like deathstrokes) so theyre just making them all the same instead...
I agree. "Buff" character powers are the worst. They just feel so lazy. Like they didn't know what to do to make that character more unique, so they did... nothing.

I greatly prefer the ones who actually add a new move, or new element of gameplay at least.

Character models are looking sharp. Some have been much improved since the game was announced.

Noticed Aquaman's trait is still the same. Not sure how I feel about that. Slipping out of combos is a nice defensive perk but it seemed a boring part of an otherwise exciting character. I was hoping for something different this time.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I looked for just the Aquaman bit and watched only that...I'm sad I did. They're so fucking god awful just jumping around and hitting the same buttons over and over and I'm ok with that. It's like being at a party with random people playing for fun. It's the fucking constant shrieking and dumb comments. FUCK. OFF.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
After the 16bit vs Kofi video I was done. Choppy editing, with cuts every few minutes, More focus on the personalities than on the friggin game, and the "personality" falls flat on its face. I don't watch Monday night Raw, but I'd rather watch Monday Night Raw.

It is painful to see amatures going at it. I just wanna bust through the screen, enter the room and take the controller away.

DDustiNN

I dont know why NRS does this. I mean, i get it but at least get people less annoying and who can play. Didnt they had an annoying person when MKX came out?
This is not an NRS video. This is an UpUpDownDown video. NRS let them visit the studio and play the game for their own channel.

It's not that far-fetched, considering the WWE's relationship with NRS. I mean, NRS did make the WWE Immortals game, after all.

I understand this is not the level of gameplay we like to watch here, but people need to stop acting so butthurt about it. Was it painful to watch? Yes. In more ways than one (why do they have to scream so much?!). But this isn't a high-level showcase. It is a few people who like video games just having fun playing an upcoming video game, and they happen to not know how to do any of the moves or combos, since it's their first time playing. It's not the end of the world.

DDustiNN

More focus on the personalities than on the friggin game
You understand that's because it's their own channel, right? They're not tournament players, and they're not showcasing the game as such. They're making a video of them having fun playing a new game, for their fans (not specifically Injustice fans).

I don't know why people keep acting like this is an official NRS video or something. Relax, guys.