What's new

NEW DR. FATE GAMEPLAY + others

Ugh so Dr Fates trait is just another "activate this then get buffs until time runs out." I was hoping that was going to be a gear move and calling out the little yellow anhks would be his trait so it would require actual management. Why is every trait in this game just a buff over time now? Are they just trying to turn them all into Instinct meters?

Where are the traits you have to work for and manage like Sinestros? Is Bane just going to be normal state and then activate into venom state with zero management of venom levels or debuff levels? They seem to have lost all creativity with the traits because they are scared of making a character with a useless trait (like deathstrokes) so theyre just making them all the same instead...
While I agree with you, Fate's trait may not be just a buff, it might change some of the properties of his moves, we don't know yet. That could be interesting imo.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
While I agree with you, Fate's trait may not be just a buff, it might change some of the properties of his moves, we don't know yet. That could be interesting imo.
Well I consider changing the properties of moves just a buff to those moves. The issue is that 90% of the traits in the game are just a bar where you activate trait and then use enhanced moves until the bar is depleted. The way the moves are enhanced are different but overall theyre all the same format of "activate trait, now all your moves are buffed so just go crazy for the next 20 seconds."

I understand they are probably doing it from a competitive standpoint and making sure everyone's trait is useful which could be good and consistant in the end but from a creative standpoint its a bit dissapointing.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Well I consider changing the properties of moves just a buff to those moves. The issue is that 90% of the traits in the game are just a bar where you activate trait and then use enhanced moves until the bar is depleted. The way the moves are enhanced are different but overall theyre all the same format of "activate trait, now all your moves are buffed so just go crazy for the next 20 seconds."

I understand they are probably doing it from a competitive standpoint and making sure everyone's trait is useful which could be good and consistant in the end but from a creative standpoint its a bit dissapointing.
Batman, blue beetle, Harley, black canary, super girl, aquaman, atrocitous, swampthing...

I don't see what you mean by all the traits being the same. In fact, everyone so far has very unique traits bar superman, firestorm and fate which still operate vastly differently.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Even then, it's the concept of just activate and new damage/moves/properties that Superman/Shazam/GL/Batgirl/MMH had.
I honestly hated those kind of traits in i1 as they felt very unimaginative and I'm sad to see so many of them in injustice 2. There were a few examples that were acceptable though like Zatanna's or Raven as they completely changed their movesets during trait so I'm staying hopeful that Fate's is kinda like that at least.

But for example Cheetah's trait could've been her pounce instead of hurr durr claw buff... Or even a command run like Ken's v-skill (or her gear crawl), something unique and complements her style, why is it something so simple and uncreative?
we don't know enough about FireStorm or Fate to say for sure but it sucks that they're also "press a button and go nuts" kinda traits.
What also sucks is that I can see Scarecrow and Capt Cold having similar traits too, activate for gas or activate for cold whatever..
I hope they'll prove me wrong though.

What I do want to see is an infinite trait like Hawkgirl's. Where it's there to use all the time. So far I don't think any of the traits are like that if you don't count Beetle's stand switch.
There's also the charge ups like Sinestro and Frost, or Armor like Lex/Doomsday,
Man I really hope Ivy has a sick trait but it's probably the same style.. Fuck

Oh and the video is absolute trash, I'm so fuckin mad that I watched that. The NRS guys look almost as pissed as I am with how stupidly loud these people were, you can see it in Paulo's face like "Fuckin Ed inviting these godamn loud scrubs here and then he splits and we have to sit through this bullshit, now imma make all the strings 50/50s within 50/50s".

Well I consider changing the properties of moves just a buff to those moves. The issue is that 90% of the traits in the game are just a bar where you activate trait and then use enhanced moves until the bar is depleted. The way the moves are enhanced are different but overall theyre all the same format of trait.
Changing properties of moves can be considered buffs yeah, but it's not like every trait is Cheetah's where it's literally just enhanced damage. Look at Swamp Thing's trait, it's very different from anything we've seen before. Even though it is a timed trait, I think it's interesting as fuck and I can't wait to see how people utilize it. I agree though that it does seem like a lot of characters follow the same format and they could've been more creative.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Ugh so Dr Fates trait is just another "activate this then get buffs until time runs out." I was hoping that was going to be a gear move and calling out the little yellow anhks would be his trait so it would require actual management. Why is every trait in this game just a buff over time now? Are they just trying to turn them all into Instinct meters?

Where are the traits you have to work for and manage like Sinestros? Is Bane just going to be normal state and then activate into venom state with zero management of venom levels or debuff levels? They seem to have lost all creativity with the traits because they are scared of making a character with a useless trait (like deathstrokes) so theyre just making them all the same instead...
Balance boys.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
At first I was cool with NRS giving exclusives to these guys, because whether or not I like them I understand that they want to use their channel to expand the playerbase of I2.

But now I've realised that anyone who is actually willfully subscribed to this channel is not somebody I ever want to run into online, especially since it's a console exclusive which means open mic enabled by these cunts

KRYS9984

Noob
Two things regarding this video:

1 - These are the same quality matched you'd find in an online lobby KOTH.

2 -

REYTHEGREAT

I dont know why NRS does this. I mean, i get it but at least get people less annoying and who can play. Didnt they had an annoying person when MKX came out?

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
NRS does this because that is their audience. They outnumber us like 500 to 1. These are the people who fund our pot bonuses and keep us wash with patches and hotfixes.
Yeah, as cringe-worthy as it is, it's really just two people having fun playing a game, and I'm sure it's just as rewarding for NRS to see people having fun uppercutting 24/7 as it is seeing Sonicfox decimating people in tournaments.