What's new

New Block Infinite in MKX?

Should this be banned at TFC?

• Yes.

• No. Let it rock.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
My beautiful Ronin, look what they did to you. I was so happy with you pre-patch. You had tough match ups but I still found ways to win those. You were a variation rarely seen or used and I loved it. It was like only a handful of people knew about you and I was ok with that. But look at you now. One patch later and you're the talk of the town. Everyone knows about you and the even better, easier things you can do now. Many more people are using you now or claiming they've been with you all along. But we know the truth. You and I will still stick together through all of this but deep down, we know it'll never be the same again. Welcome to the big leagues Ronin, a place where you will live fast and die hard.
Your hometown girlfriend grew up and moved to the big city.

Easy has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you can get it 10/10 it makes no difference competitively to a different character whose harder combos you can also get 10/10.

Freaking Kenjutsu gets 48% for 2 bars off a 50/50, and he has far better meterbuilding neutral than Cryo

This is not OP bro. Hell it's not even enough to make me swap from GM to Cryo. Variation is playable now, not OP

I mean mileena gets mad damage off a f3. Guess she's op too. Let's all pack it up.

hayatei

Noob
I was looking at this too holy shit lol. I KNEW he had a block infinite. You can actually do this in the corner to from F122+4 toss sword f122+4 recall F122+4 toss sword loop.
IF you time it perfectly only cassie and kung lao can get out of the sword toss without meter. But they HAVE to use meter to get out of the rekall. Takeda is dumb LOL
there should be a 9 frame gap between f122+4 blade drop and f1, unless somehow it's more + in the corner

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Does she have a 50\50 that leads to massive damage for absolutely no effort at all & leaves you on the ground infront of her or in the corner for another 50\50?
I see you continue to ignore the points about easy execution not being at all relevant to balance. Should we nerf his damage just because his combos are easy? That makes no sense. It doesn't affect what the character is capable of at any level higher than entry.

hayatei

Noob
I was using this pre patch but now that b2 is faster it's even dumber you can back dash still unless you have a shit back dash. I say let it rock he needs it and you can armor out too.
pretty much every characters in the game had a way to beat b212+4 blade drop f1, the patch just made his pressure too good

how can you justify having a block infinite against 6 characters?

Does she have a 50\50 that leads to massive damage for absolutely no effort at all & leaves you on the ground infront of her or in the corner for another 50\50?
Quan gets a standing 50/50 in Summoner. In warlock for a bar a forceblock up to 70% on hit can be made safe with 2 bar

Kung Lao gets around 40% a bar and BUILDS meter much faster than cryo sub ever could. Also has much better wake up options.

Takeda Ronin has a restand that does 30% into frame traps and armor break setups with blade call/blade toss cancels.

Tremor has 32+% bnbs meter less plus 13% unblockable ground pounds for a bar.

For 2 bars which Sub Zero won't always have doing 40% Into a restand ain't that big a deal. I'd rather deal with that than hard to blockables.

Also Master of Souls Ermac. Easy restarts with soul ball. Into 50/50 that leads to 40%+ for a bar.

We got a character with a damage boost "parry" Into INVISIBLE footsies. In deceptive reptile. Also to be fair anyone with a 1 bar combo and a good 50/50 can do this conparable garbage by ending in a throw cancel.

Cry Sub can close out a round NO DOUBT but it's that meter dependent. They got no more breaker. No get off the ground armor. No more utility.

The comparisons I used were for a damage for a bar vs subs for 2. We ain't all sitting on 2 bars all match.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I see you continue to ignore the points about easy execution not being at all relevant to balance. Should we nerf his damage just because his combos are easy? That makes no sense. It doesn't affect what the character is capable of at any level higher than entry.
I'm ignoring nothing fella, he said something & I replied. & to answer your question, I believe if you have 50\50's then you shouldn't deal a lot of damage or they dont build meter as fast as they do due to how easy it is to do a 50\50. It's not just Sub, its Ermac, Quan, Raiden, Erron etc. That's it in a nutshell hey

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Quan gets a standing 50/50 in Summoner. In warlock for a bar a forceblock up to 70% on hit can be made safe with 2 bar

Kung Lao gets around 40% a bar and BUILDS meter much faster than cryo sub ever could. Also has much better wake up options.

Takeda Ronin has a restand that does 30% into frame traps and armor break setups with blade call/blade toss cancels.

Tremor has 32+% bnbs meter less plus 13% unblockable ground pounds for a bar.

For 2 bars which Sub Zero won't always have doing 40% Into a restand ain't that big a deal. I'd rather deal with that than hard to blockables.

Also Master of Souls Ermac. Easy restarts with soul ball. Into 50/50 that leads to 40%+ for a bar.

We got a character with a damage boost "parry" Into INVISIBLE footsies. In deceptive reptile. Also to be fair anyone with a 1 bar combo and a good 50/50 can do this conparable garbage by ending in a throw cancel.

Cry Sub can close out a round NO DOUBT but it's that meter dependent. They got no more breaker. No get off the ground armor. No more utility.

The comparisons I used were for a damage for a bar vs subs for 2. We ain't all sitting on 2 bars all match.
All those you mentioned that can start said combos with a 50\50 then I agree, they should get a nerf somehow.

Those that have to work & open up an opponent that leads to big damage, then fair play, I'm OK with that.

All those you mentioned that can start said combos with a 50\50 then I agree, they should get a nerf somehow.

Those that have to work & open up an opponent that leads to big damage, then fair play, I'm OK with that.
Then this isn't really a damage thing. You're against 50/50 restands. Which with tools like MB throw a decent sized portion of the cast has access too

Can't forget D'vorah. Erron Blacks mini meter less vortex. Shinnock of MB throw and being able to make safe with follow up xx hellsparks. Scorpion as a character. Ferra/Torr off MB throw with their f2/b2 and with pain and gain boost we talking free 40% or 45% after the throw meterless

ujustgotpwndX2

Quan "Glass Cannon" Chi
Here's another video for the people saying "just take the hit" or "just back dash".

So basically you take 10% and then he can run up and try to do it again.
I haven't tested this but what if you just let him go the string and poke when he recalls the blade

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Here's another video for the people saying "just take the hit" or "just back dash".

So basically you take 10% and then he can run up and try to do it again.
Have you tried jumping forward? That makes F1 whiff most of the time.

Edit: Nvm doesnt work. This is definitely a true block infinite.

The best we can hope for is a hotfix from NRS but provided that doesnt happen we should probably soft ban it against the characters that can't get out, or make it so you cant loop it more than twice.