What's new

NetherRealm's Silence

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
People complain about NRS patching and how they need to let the game breathe; NRS does just that and now everyone complains about the lack of patches. Good job TYM.
I don't get people like you who put down TYM for reasons like you stated. Some people wanna let it breathe, others would like patches. TYM is not of a single mind. It's made up of thousands of users with pockets of people who sometimes yell louder than other pockets of people. Is this a tough concept?

It's never as simple as TYM WANTS DONUTS, NOW THEY DONT WANT DONUTS. WTF TYM?!?!@?!@!LM1234

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
What annoys me is that they have already stated a new patch is incoming but they don't want to give us any indication of what the patch includes or when it will be released. If they said, "Patch Version x will include the following changes and be released on (insert random date)", I would be fully content with knowing that.

We all know the patch is coming up soon but for the players that travel for these big tournaments, we have to be on edge about whether or not our character will get nerfed/buffed or whether other characters being changed means relearning an entire match up a few days before a major tournament such as CEO and Toryuken. For a company that is very much in touch with the competitive scene, they sure don't seem to care about making the players lives a little bit easier.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Does anyone else get the feeling that this patch is going to have some massive changes? It's been a long time coming, we've seen a lot of broken shit, more DLC is looming...I dont know if I'm making it up or what but I just feel like something big is coming.
The "best selling game of 2015" has no reason to change. I really hope it does change, though.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Besides the annoying patches before majors, I kinda like what they're doing. Instead of having people fuck around waiting for buffs they now take their character to the lab, and if any broken shit is found they just add it to 1 large patch designed to fix everything instead of releasing knee-jerk patches every other 2 weeks.

I think we'll have 2 more patches including the next one that we're currently waiting for.

trufenix

bye felicia
If they said, "Patch Version x will include the following changes and be released on (insert random date)", I would be fully content with knowing that.
1) Console patches are submitted long before they are released, sometimes days, sometimes weeks. NRS doesn't just decide this week there will be a patch and put it up on wednesday. That only exists for PC devs cause Steam doesn't give a shit if a patch bricks your machine. So NRS sends it to MS/Sony, who runs it through their cert and then makes it available if it passes. You know full well it would be far more damaging for NRS to say patch will be available on monday and it not turn up until tuesday, or worse. I mean NRS' frequent "coming soon" responses is what this is all about.

2) No change is "final" until its in the game. They could very well post today that Jacqui's whatever is now whatever frames / damage / etc and tomorrow decide to change it, well then you've got two versions of the truth and the backlash from PanicMode will only increase. Remember when Scorpion was "released" early and people started basing opinions on a version of him that was never meant to be seen? Then they cried havoc and brimstone after he was "patched"? You really want people going to tournaments planning strategies the same way people talk in patch threads?

This is not to say that NRS couldn't communicate their intentions better to the competitive, but the simple fact is the kind of open information stream most people are raging for isn't possible or would be more damaging to the games rep.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Maybe this will be another 1.06 and we will get bits an pieces here and there.

Suspense building

Batman2000

4/14/15 Baby!!!!!
embrace it the game is shit... ill only play local with friends, ive given up with online/patches/hitbox fixes/Frame data. every patch they seem to ruin it, and some how i herd somewhere that the frame data fluctuates in game and that is acceptable, dont remember what post colt made or from where but nonetheless i remember the post/tweet.
to many things to fix. they have done what they needed to do (in their eyes) made a functional game that allows average players to have fun, perform fatalities, brutalities. Money making boxes/DLC characters/Skins/online play-ability(which is a joke) and enough revenue for years to come. even if they don't change another thing. people will keep buying it because its simply on the shelf. users that already use it, will use characters with advantage. and continue to buy all content to come out in future.

im not buying anything else from them.

i have plenty other games to play.

Metal Gear Solid 1-5
Rise of the tomb raider
Forza 6
Titan Fall
Dragon Age: Inquisition
i might even get a Nascar (always enjoyed racing games)

i am not buying Injustice 2 or MK11
ive finally had it!

im sure ill here from others on TYM how MK11 and IGAU2 turn's out,
but i have a prediction.
just like every other game they released. Incomplete beta games with minimal to no effort to fix. Play-ability/Online/Hitboxes/Wiffs/inconsistencies....and so on.

i digress
Oh good gosh I don't understand why there are so many posts like this one around the forum. They bring so much negativity and ridiculousness, and if you feel that way, there is a real simple solution to your problem, don't fucking come to a Netherrealm and MKX-based forum. Problem solved. Good lord, lol.

ErMac333

Noob
I admire NRS, even though apparently they can't please the general fighting game community as I see here, as a fan I think they're doing a great job. I'm not that much of a technical player though, I like to enjoy the more artistic side of the game instead of the competitive, so I'll probably never understand you guys saying shit about them because, for me, this title was really great in the aspects I care for.

About the communication though, I agree that they lack in knowing how to handle it, they seem pretty closed, but then again it's not like those WB forums are ultracombo.com, you really can't take that forum seriously. If they're not doing anything else, they should be at least closely watching threads around here, I see people has some pretty good insight sometimes on how to handle most of the balancing problems, or at least detecting them. Too bad I don't see them doing any official threads in TYM to proper communication.

Batman2000

4/14/15 Baby!!!!!
I admire NRS, even though apparently they can't please the general fighting game community as I see here, as a fan I think they're doing a great job. I'm not that much of a technical player though, I like to enjoy the more artistic side of the game instead of the competitive, so I'll probably never understand you guys saying shit about them because, for me, this title was really great in the aspects I care for.

About the communication though, I agree that they lack in knowing how to handle it, they seem pretty closed, but then again it's not like those WB forums are ultracombo.com, you really can't take that forum seriously. If they're not doing anything else, they should be at least closely watching threads around here, I see people has some pretty good insight sometimes on how to handle most of the balancing problems, or at least detecting them. Too bad I don't see them doing any official threads in TYM to proper communication.
For whatever reason, a lot of companies nowadays feel that whenever there are questions or concerns going silent is the answer. :eek::oops:

trufenix

bye felicia
Maybe this will be another 1.06 and we will get bits an pieces here and there.

Suspense building
Well, if all they were releasing was a final balance patch, I think they would come clean by now because that's entirely up to NRS to market. Unfortunately, the next patch is shackled to whatever is coming next dlc wise and that means nobody is allowed to talk until marketing does their thing.

Balance staff probably doesn't even know how long they have or how much they'll be able to get done yet.

E

Eldriken

Does anyone else get the feeling that this patch is going to have some massive changes? It's been a long time coming, we've seen a lot of broken shit, more DLC is looming...I dont know if I'm making it up or what but I just feel like something big is coming.
That's what I'm thinking, dude. What if it's taking so long because it's going to be a massive fucking overhaul? Maybe fixing some of the issues that people are having takes more work than we think? I mean, for all we know, some universal change may need to be made to the game's coding that gets rid of breathing hitboxes, sex-specific hitboxes/gravity, etc.

I mean, this next patch could completely change how the game is played depending on what it contains.

Or, none of this is gonna happen and the next patch we get changes some things and is preparing for KP2.

I'm hoping it's the former, however. I just hope if they're overhauling the game, that they don't completely ruin it in the process.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
More like, how many games has capcom put out that were fucking garbage and dropped in 6 months like SFxT.
Gotta defend SFxT cause I think it was prematurely killed by the emotionally sporadic FGC. The game at it's core was nice and you can see bits and pieces of it in SFV.

On Topic: I don't get why there is no talk about patches. Smite by Hi Rez runs through the whole patch before they drop. Sometimes they state their reasons why right there in the notes. Other times I guess it's such a community known thing there is no reason stated. I think if a patch is coming then notes are on tuesday and the patch comes on wednesday. As for tourney players they just play on the version before the patch. All this is very possible and I see no negatives. Only positives, especially how tournament organizers and players don't have to clench tight worrying every time a tourney date draws near.