6. JusDave
8. Darkid
8. RushedDown
8. Jeron
11. DreemerNJ
11. Kyle
11. Amir
11. Johnny Cakes (left early)

NEC8's overall turnout was great, the UMK3 tournament had some stumbling in the beginning but we figured it out.

--------------------------------
Original post
--------------------------------

I might as well make a thread for this too ahead of time. North East Championships will be held December 1st and 2nd this year at America's Best INN (2015 Penrose Ave.) (215-336-4516) - South Philadelphia, PA.

Rooms are $60 a night plus tax if you say you are going for NEC.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=135887 - Official Thread at srk

This will be about 90 minutes less of a drive for anyone who lives in PA or just simply west of the Break.

UMK3 casuals will be on Saturday unless of course we get enough players to hold something. Usually at NEC we do the tournament on Sunday because a lot of players show up late and stay over into Sunday, then more players show up Sunday, but generally the outcome is fewer than ECC regardless which is why more players need to show up!

Right now we will most likely have it on the 360. I will have two brand new 360 ready sticks courtesy of I Love Poop soon, with Sanwa parts. There should be zero issues with them. The majority of players who come to NEC are from University Pinball so they are use to sticks and not everyone could use them because of some converter issues. It would easily be possible to hold a bring your own pad tournament one day, and a stick only tournament the other day. I can't supply 2 pads as of yet because I have one wired and someone took my wireless controller at EVO this year and I wound up with a charger pack controller somehow and I cannot find my wired cable. If anyone is aware they have my controller maybe we can make a swap in the mail.

So anyone interested in signing up, let everyone know about it and join here.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I hope to see as many people as possible at both upcoming tournaments. Everyone please try your best to show up and let everyone know.

Crazy Dominican said:
I'll be there.
I might be there, I would like to go. I gotta take some time off from work thou... But it might be possible. Im gonna bring Cheatinasswinz & xxhappyeaster if I do.
:lol:

can we get an mkda tourney held as well? maybe start holdin mkda at umk3 tourneys? i cant play umk3 unless its on arcade but ill def make this along with 2 others is theres mkda.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Tom Brady said:
i cant play umk3 unless its on arcade
Or on the arcade either for that matter! j/k Seriously though we'll have sticks in UMK3 format with Jap parts. You'll be able to deal with it. I will bring the other custom stick which is basically done. I need new buttons for it but you haven't been able to check it out yet.

Bill, I don't have MKDA, Eric would probably let us run it though if you could supply the stuff. I don't know who would play but if you can get people there do it up. Let me know.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Shock said:
I hope to see as many people as possible at both upcoming tournaments. Everyone please try your best to show up and let everyone know.
How many tournies are there every year?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I specifically run tournaments held in the North East but people do travel. I've been involved in probably close to 20 since 2001. I know that Midwest Championships is usually held during the summer in Chicago. Lex got something together in '04. I hope he tries again sometime.

ok, i can make it and i'll bring mkda and some players. i hope some of the umk players at least give mkda a good look cuz it maight spark their intrest to see it played right.

on umk3, i'll play in that too so i'll see u in the finals shock lol j/k. i actually am gonna practice a little this time to shake off 10+ years of rust so it should be intresting to say the least. look forward to seeing everyone there.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Shock said:
I specifically run tournaments held in the North East but people do travel. I've been involved in probably close to 20 since 2001. I know that Midwest Championships is usually held during the summer in Chicago. Lex got something together in '04. I hope he tries again sometime.
Chicago would be a little bit closer for me, but I might show up in Philly.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Tom Brady said:
ok, i can make it and i'll bring mkda and some players. i hope some of the umk players at least give mkda a good look cuz it maight spark their intrest to see it played right.

on umk3, i'll play in that too so i'll see u in the finals shock lol j/k. i actually am gonna practice a little this time to shake off 10+ years of rust so it should be intresting to say the least. look forward to seeing everyone there.
You might like the sticks we'll have. I will have bat and ball tops available, takes about 30 seconds to switch them. The bat tops are the shorter ones though, it's all I can get for now.

Basically like this with convex sanwa buttons and sticks

Even though this stick is really great to use, I have noticed the response in general is not as good as the arcade, and now HK, LK, and BL randomly don't respond. I have time to switch the buttons I think but the PCB might get detached from the stick. It's not a huge deal but if you want I'll do it.

Depending what day it is it might be you and Crazy in the finals.

mistaKM said:
Can I play on a regular 360 controller? If I can I will prolly show up.
Yea you can, its on a console.

If a ton of yall plan on going I'll more than likely end up at this one. The travel time is keeping me from wanting to go, but if a bunch gonna go I will prob drive the 4 hours and doit!

I would be at every tournement if it were four hours away, lazy ass. We do plan on hittin up a bar or some sort of wild drinking night, right? This my fuckin vacation. :oops:

Dude if I'm going to philly, I'm gonna go the night before hand and sleep there, so there will be a bar/hotel party or something! Everyone who goes should go a day early (saturday) so we can party saturday night and play all day sunday! :)

mach1

Noob
Frankiebonez said:
mistaKM said:
Can I play on a regular 360 controller? If I can I will prolly show up.
Yea you can, its on a console.

If a ton of yall plan on going I'll more than likely end up at this one. The travel time is keeping me from wanting to go, but if a bunch gonna go I will prob drive the 4 hours and doit!
I fucking wish it was only four hours away. For me its about 18 hours. But ill be there.