What's new

Name your top 5 MKX Characters in order & List one hypothetical Nerf for each

Honest question - why does KL need to be able to use regular hat spin in block strings? There are so many ways to mix up 112124 even without the hat spin ender. I think you mentioned earlier in the thread that hat spin needs to be used in block strings after f2 and b2... but why can't he hit confirm off f21 and b22? Those seem fine to me, but maybe I'm missing something.
B22 hat spin doesnt combo unless its in the corner and b22 itself is full combo punishable. F21 doesnt combo on all characters and is also full combo punishable by a good portion of the cast because it is -8 and if i recall correctly it doesnt always allow the player to convert into 44 either, it was chracter specfic I think.

I dont see people suggesting other characters mids like cassie b12, subzero f42, cage f3 being punishable. Also isnt it kinda universal for a character to have his overhead or low safe when he or she doesnt have both. But I am done discussing this because the op obviously has an agenda and people are fools to not recognize this.

My friend just sent me a video of him hitting someone with a 52% no bar summoner quan combo that ended in a hard knock down and allowed him to raise the bat for another setup.. why....
i had one of these today and it was extremely laggy for me but not for him! i think he was really proud of himself too

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
b22~hat spin wouldn't work. Opponent gets knocked down after the second hit and hat spin won't connect. And how many ways can you really mix up 112124 without hat spin? The only serviceable mix up would be just doing 11212, and that's about it. I mean, yeah can do just 11 I guess but that's something we're going to write home about?
B22 hat spin doesnt combo unless its in the corner and b22 itself is full combo punishable. F21 doesnt combo on all characters and is also full combo punishable by a good portion of the cast because it is -8 and if i recall correctly it doesnt always allow the player to convert into 44 either, it was chracter specfic I think.

I dont see people suggesting other characters mids like cassie b12, subzero f42, cage f3 being punishable. Also isnt it kinda universal for a character to have his overhead or low safe when he or she doesnt have both. But I am done discussing this because the op obviously has an agenda and people are fools to not recognize this.
St 1 by itself is plus. 11212 is -3 (other characters stagger with worse than that). Can't you mix in grabs after 1, 11, or 11212? If opponent releases block after any of those points to tech a grab/neutral duck/armor they get hit ... unless I'm missing something, that seems like plenty of grab opportunities even without a safe regular hat spin.

Makes sense on the f2 and b2.

St 1 by itself is plus. 11212 is -3 (other characters stagger with worse than that). Can't you mix in grabs after 1, 11, or 11212? If opponent releases block after any of those points to tech a grab/neutral duck/armor they get hit ... unless I'm missing something, that seems like plenty of grab opportunities even without a safe regular hat spin.

Yes, its not about hat spin after 112124 because the good kung lao players will be hitconfirming that anyway and doing 112124 hat spin on block isnt an efficient way to pressure to begin with.

It is all about the b2 hat spin because you need a safe overhead to open up the opponent for d4's. F2 hat spin can be armored out of already so that is already not a 100% safe move.

A huge part why the 11212 pressure is good because you can throw in b2, grabs and d4's in between.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
This thread has me lying in bed thinking like...how good is Johnny reeeeeeally though. I think both SD and A-List are super good.
I personally think Johnny is the first char outside of S tier , potentially could be but 1 or 2 extra bad MUs that the other chars in S tier lack could stop him

SD is really good but AList IS the better Variation

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
Tempest Lao: Enough cooldown on EX Hat to avoid being able to spam 112124~EX Hat loops

Summoner Quan: Scaling. This is MKX, blocking insanoflex mixups is the name of the game, but the damage Quan's lead into at times feels kinda outstanding for how the good the mixups already are.

Kobu Tanya: Pig's nerf sounds reasonable, I don't play online and thus lack XP so I can't really speak to this character too much, although I'd put her in top 5 based on what I've seen people do with her and her overall toolset.

Predator: Give Hunter its damage back. That's not a nerf. For real tho, idk how to nerf Predator without fucking him up.

HW Cassie: Pig's nerf. I agree she should have one punishable string, and B212d1+2 seems like a good candidate considering it's pretty easy to hit-confirm.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
The only people who think predator is #1 are those that are not used to the mu and get blown up by d4 cancels. As well as b22 string, dont react to discs, etc..

Some characters complétely negate his core gameplay (tanya, reptile, kung lao) and then there is the problem where he cant get up...
E.G. : I thought I'd struggle a lot more than I did against HQT Pred with fucking Goro of all people. Right now I feel the match-up is 5-5.

I lost not because of my character, but because I'm garbage at this game lol.

coolwhip

Noob

OK but don't you really see how weak that sounds compared to most tools in the game? doing 1 by itself and just 11212 and maybe try to stagger into a grab? Who's going to sweat that?

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Tempest Lao: Enough cooldown on EX Hat to avoid being able to spam 112124~EX Hat loops

Summoner Quan: Scaling. This is MKX, blocking insanoflex mixups is the name of the game, but the damage Quan's lead into at times feels kinda outstanding for how the good the mixups already are.

Kobu Tanya: Pig's nerf sounds reasonable, I don't play online and thus lack XP so I can't really speak to this character too much, although I'd put her in top 5 based on what I've seen people do with her and her overall toolset.

Predator: Give Hunter its damage back. That's not a nerf. For real tho, idk how to nerf Predator without fucking him up.

HW Cassie: Pig's nerf. I agree she should have one punishable string, and B212d1+2 seems like a good candidate considering it's pretty easy to hit-confirm.
112124 xx ex hat isnt a loop, it's a mind game

Error404

Noob
1. Kung Lao regular hat spin is -9 on block. His strings are already safe he doesn't need free hit confirms that lead to massive damage.
2. Quan Chi can no longer summon bat during trance. He shouldn't get the unblockables nor the damage he has for free. Honestly i don't think he would need any compensation , but at most i would increase the time puggles lasts before dissappearing by 2 seconds.
3. Tanya - b12+4 has less cancel advantage
4.Cassie - ex flip kick made punishable.
5.Lui Kang - increase his damage scaling after run cancels. Changing the cancel advantage on strings would butcher Dualist , so clearly this is the better option. Or lower his chip damage , either one works.