What's new

Breakthrough - Mystic Mystic Ermac Infinite Health Regen Glitch-Credit To Noble Toxin

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
I don't care either way but I don't think this warrants a ban, if it happens during a game a forfeit may be in order, Mystic is aiming to trade with projectiles to get a full combo off EX-push and obviously not unlimited regeneration, it's not unlikely to happen but it's character-specific..
Also, Kung Lao got a free bar from a wake-up Teleport and didn't get banned, (it even won someone the game on a streamed ESL match) Spectral and MoS did get a ban though and MoS lost his ability to drain meter because of it. Just some ... fun facts.

Error

DF2+R2
If you think about it, Ermac has hit Triple 7's as far as Glitches for MKX.

Spectral could build a bar of meter every time a flight input was cancelled into a special.

Master of Souls could drain an opponents meter indefinitely by using ex Soul Ball on Soul Ball combos as long as he didn't hit him.

Mystic can get a 100% health regeneration
Ermac confirmed one true God of MK

I don't care either way but I don't think this warrants a ban, if it happens during a game a forfeit may be in order, Mystic is aiming to trade with projectiles to get a full combo off EX-push and obviously not unlimited regeneration, it's not unlikely to happen but it's character-specific..
Also, Kung Lao got a free bar from a wake-up Teleport and didn't get banned, (it even won someone the game on a streamed ESL match) Spectral and MoS did get a ban though and MoS lost his ability to drain meter because of it. Just some ... fun facts.
Very good points

How about just banning mystic against the characters that proc this. It's a huge ass bug but if the bug can't occur because your opponent can't proc it, who cares?

I just don't wanna see Mystic Ermac being selected as a counterpick for someone like Cassie cause of it. That is where it should be banned.

I'd rather not see Mystic banned until a TBD hot fix either. Though given some stances on this it seems inevitable.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Banning the variation would be an overreaction for sure. If you wanted to make a rule regarding this, I'd say the Ermac losing the round would be the most fair. Similar to the KL meter glitch before it was fixed (although the rule for that was you'd lose the game, I believe)

I believe this would be most fair as it seems to be very rare to happen accidentally in a match, but probably should have a rule in place to avoid abuse. Much like the smoke parry bug in MK9.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
A practical corner application to show dat healing factor.

This is where glitches like this take us. People searching for set ups to incorporate them in to their game. Not a pop at you Nausea but I guarantee you aren't the only one searching for semi-viable set ups.

They cannot and should not let this rock just because there is a minuscule chance of it actually happening. It's breaks the laws of the game.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Either this and Alien BS should just be banned until it gets fixed, how come a character that can low profile mids and overhead are more fine than this?

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I could be wrong in which Ermac variation it was, but wasnt Mystic banned from tournaments right at launch because of a meter build/infinite xray issue?

Probably not important but I find it kinda funny
I believe it was Spectral. He could flight cancel or something along those lines and would gain a bar of meter each time.

It was posted earlier by the OP that every variation of Ermac in MKX has had some type of bug/glitch. It would seem the "Error" part of him followed him all the way here. :p

Ah, found it. Per the OP:

Spectral could build a bar of meter every time a flight input was cancelled into a special.

Master of Souls could drain an opponents meter indefinitely by using ex Soul Ball on Soul Ball combos as long as he didn't hit him.

Mystic can get a 100% health regeneration.

I believe it was Spectral. He could flight cancel or something along those lines and would gain a bar of meter each time.

It was posted earlier by the OP that every variation of Ermac in MKX has had some type of bug/glitch. It would seem the "Error" part of him followed him all the way here. :p

Ah, found it. Per the OP:

Mystic can get a 100% health regeneration.
Ah yeah youre right. I remember flight cancel having something to do with it now.

Lol @ "It would seem the "Error" part of him followed him all the way here.

FGF111

Noob
The solution is clear...

Nerf Triborg, Tremor and Quan Chi more.
Make Mileena's Air Sai +10 on Block and just remove Alien's hurtbox, to make it consistent atleast.

Seriously though, it's hard to do this intentionally and even if it does occur, forcing the Ermac player to block or hitting him removes the effect so it's not as amazing as it seems. If it does happen in a match, the round could just be reset or forfeited.