What's new

Breakthrough - Mystic Mystic Ermac Infinite Health Regen Glitch-Credit To Noble Toxin

Toxin made the discovery while playing Red Raptor

https://twitter.com/Noble_Toxin/status/731288903639023616

While playing, Ermac's health continued to regenerate after using Ex Push. What caused it? After spending roughly 30 minutes in the lab I was able to replicate this glitch 6 times, 3 times on camera. I'm not 100% sure what causes it to happen though I do have a theory. Judging from each occurrence, if Ermac is hit just as he folds his hands (Which is the point in the animation where he begins receiving health) The regeneration will continue until his health is fully replenished.

However, if Ermac is hit (twice during the initial animation mentioned earlier) Or during the regeneration at any point it will stop. At the same time, Ermac is free to continue attack his opponent (or run) while his health recharges. This bug seems extremely situational and I doubt that it will ever come into play during Tournament matches. So in my opinion, a ban is not in order.

That is my theory, discuss?

@Beyond Toxin
@Big D

Edit: Part 2 Various Character exploration.

Edit 2: The Consequence of multiple bars or failing to hit him.

Last edited:
Toxin made the discovery while playing Red Raptor

https://twitter.com/Noble_Toxin/status/731288903639023616

While playing, Ermac's health continued to regenerate after using Ex Push. What caused it? After spending roughly 30 minutes in the lab I was able to replicate this glitch 6 times, 3 times on camera. I'm not 100% sure what causes it to happen though I do have a theory. Judging from each occurrence, if Ermac is hit just as he folds his hands (Which is the point in the animation where he begins receiving health) The regeneration will continue until his health is fully replenished.

However, if Ermac is hit (twice during the initial animation mentioned earlier) Or during the regeneration at any point it will stop. At the same time, Ermac is free to continue attack his opponent (or run) while his health recharges. This bug seems extremely situational and I doubt that it will ever come into play during Tournament matches. So in my opinion, a ban is not in order.

That is my theory, discuss?

@Beyond Toxin
@Big D
@16 Bit

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
looks like the heath regeneration is coded to when the animation stops with his hands. Seems to be a certain window within that animation that isn't coded to "trade".

not sure how that side works, so just speaking out of my ass, but that is what it sounds like.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
I imagine a restart of that match. What would you suggest? (I am not worthy)
If you force them to restart a match because of a 1 in a million thing happening that's the fault of the game and not the player, and it cause them to lose a set, tourney, or what have you, that's not really fair to that player, granted what happens if you're the on the non-ermac end of the stick, you get fucked if it costs you the set, or tourney, it's not something a T.O. should decide, it's something that should just be hotfixed, and if we aren't getting any balance patches, we should at least be getting shit that should've never made it into the game in the first place removed.

Technically as mystic you WANT to get the trade so you can convert off the levitate into a combo. But hmm this is not good
Given how situational this is, I don't see it becoming a factor in Tournament. Seems more like it would be random at best. Nothing ban worthy, but something to keep an eye on I suppose.