What's new

Match-up Discussion My Zatanna Match up chart (image)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Also, I find the superman MU is one where trait is actually really useful. Because all his projectiles have ridiculous startup it's not hard to absorb on reaction. If he goes for that charging move to get in, you can either hit him before he MBs, tele behind, or just block because he's just wasted a meter.

You're forgetting that straight laser has a huge startup window where you can puppet master him before he laser comes out.

Not only that, but if Supes does f23 breath pressure frame perfect in the corner, she can actually duck under the next f2 and whiff punish (I block high low high to make this scenario happen). This forces Supes to move forward a few frames before using the next f2 enabling her the neutral jump it. So yeah, Zatanna keeps Supes more honest than most characters. Of course Supes can use f3 instead of another f2 to switch things up.

I've played this MU quite a bit post patch, and it feels pretty even to me. Supes has to go in and will just get wrecked if he's just trying to zone.
ily deg lol

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I also find Wonder Woman gives me some trouble. Her aerial movement is really good and I find it hard to knock her out. Not to mention once she's in she just keeps swinging with that frame advantage and there isn't much I can do. How should I be playing this MU?

KF for me isn't as hard as someone like raven, but she's not even either. I just hate playing raven as Z. I feel like all my options are severely limited.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I also find Wonder Woman gives me some trouble. Her aerial movement is really good and I find it hard to knock her out. Not to mention once she's in she just keeps swinging with that frame advantage and there isn't much I can do. How should I be playing this MU?

KF for me isn't as hard as someone like raven, but she's not even either. I just hate playing raven as Z. I feel like all my options are severely limited.
For WW try keeping her out, fireball is pretty useful, rings can be parried but still use them, abuse the shit out of backwards teleports to run from her, once she knocks us out it's a mindgame since she has tools to counter our teleports on wake up, you can still escape her knckdown set ups do it's a plus. WW wins 6-4 IMO, Up-close she wins & she can handle Zatanna from fullscreen with her parry, good dashes & air dash, trait is useful to build meter as well. Also cards are a good footsie here but be careful because if you do it at a close distance she will punish with B2 & at far range she gets in after she blocks it, on hit it gives you time to run from her.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
For WW try keeping her out, fireball is pretty useful, rings can be parried but still use them, abuse the shit out of backwards teleports to run from her, once she knocks us out it's a mindgame since she has tools to counter our teleports on wake up, you can still escape her knckdown set ups do it's a plus. WW wins 6-4 IMO, Up-close she wins & she can handle Zatanna from fullscreen with her parry, good dashes & air dash, trait is useful to build meter as well. Also cards are a good footsie here but be careful because if you do it at a close distance she will punish with B2 & at far range she gets in after she blocks it, on hit it gives you time to run from her.
Yeah that's basically how my matches have been playing out. Run away run away run away rings run away fireball run away

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ok guys, real talk. What do we do about Lex? I just played a fairly long set against quite a good Lex and had no idea what to do. He gets armour up and then you're fucked basically. You can try and zone him but he'll get a turret out, armour up and come in to mix you up. This MU may be in his favour, but I think I need more experience in it first.

What do you guys do against Lex?

DinoPizzaria

Professional Twerking Choreographer
Ok guys, real talk. What do we do about Lex? I just played a fairly long set against quite a good Lex and had no idea what to do. He gets armour up and then you're fucked basically. You can try and zone him but he'll get a turret out, armour up and come in to mix you up. This MU may be in his favour, but I think I need more experience in it first.

What do you guys do against Lex?
Lex is pretty easy imo because he has even more start-up on his moves than Zatanna so I usually just spam ring toss and MB a puppet master when I see the opportunity. When he traits up I MB a fireball and either ringtoss, trait up also or teleport behind for multi-kick or a d1 into dive Zatara (her overhead dive kick move). If the Lex has great timing he may be able to interrupt the multi-kick but the trade would be worth it (Him taking damage and losing trait and you getting a 1 or d1). I always abuse my trait against Lex though because since his jump isn't the best in the game, he's more viable to being hit.

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
I'm on the fence about flash and deathstroke

I can see those being potentially bad, but at the moment I have them as even.
Stop downplaying yourself ;)
i think death stroke beats her in the up close game but she controls the distance game more i thinks its a just 5-5 for awhile i was considering it a 6-4 but thats cuz i was reading teleports from playing mr aquamans ares so much