What's new

Match-up Discussion My Zatanna Match up chart (image)

I've come a long way from downplaying her lol.

Figured why not make one and see everyone's opinions to open up discussion with everyone's thoughts/inputs/disagreements.

Zatanna is a good character.

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/injustice/index_customize.html?tc=ya0-tr5oac83ce97afb1agb2jqogcgjq4tcuafofae9xcdemafgfagdkcelx2zbpcell4tffcdh9cehw4ti7ah7ci0cshvb1hwj2cfne4tkucfmkaemmcf98hy5j2t-bkf-naMr Mileena-tiZatanna Match Up Chart-ct999999-c1000000-c2000000-tvFF7101-thDD3C3C-d1Winning Match ups-x110-d2Losing Matchups-x210-d3Even-x310-d4Even-x47

Winning Matchups:
Joker: 7-3
Bane: 6-4
Sinestro: 6-4
Lobo: 6-4
Green Lantern: 6-4

Even Matchups (all 5-5)
Superman
Catwoman
The Flash
Harley Quinn
Wonder Woman
Grundy
Batgirl
Shazam
Green Arrow
Batman
HawkGirl
Scorpion
Zod
Doomsday
Cyborg
Nightwing
Ares
Lex Luthor
Deathstroke

Losing Matchups
Killer Frost: 4-6 (May be 5-5)
Raven: 4-6
Black Adam: 4-6
MMH: 4-6
Aquaman: 3-7

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
@Mr. Mileena imo scorpion beats zatanna, what makes u feel its even?

zatanna cant really zone scorp, she has weak aa & cant really play footsies with scorp either cause her ass normals.
zatanna prob even a bigger meter whore that scorp is aswell lol

she does have her own vortex and can punish MB telepunch on block so im not saying she screwed in the mu, i just feel scorpion has a advantage

@Mr. Mileena imo scorpion beats zatanna, what makes u feel its even?

zatanna cant really zone scorp, she has weak aa & cant really play footsies with scorp either cause her ass normals.
zatanna prob even a bigger meter whore that scorp is aswell lol

she does have her own vortex and can punish MB telepunch on block so im not saying she screwed in the mu, i just feel scorpion has a advantage
Teleport can punish whiffed spear and hellfire, as well as trance.
zatanna does not always have to zone, and her standng 3 and bf2 are a great footsie tool actually.
Both scorpion and zatanna have to watch out for each other's teleports, each others full screen special (trance and hell fire, spear is easier to react to)
and her uppercut is a good anti air and can be canceled into back teleport to make it safer if not done as an anti air on a jump in.

It's kind of like the Kitana "can't throw fans then kitana must lose" talk.
Zatanna can't freely zone, but she doesn't need to do that to prevent this MU from being bad, at least imo

1man3letters

Teleport can punish whiffed spear and hellfire, as well as trance.
zatanna does not always have to zone, and her standng 3 and bf2 are a great footsie tool actually.
Both scorpion and zatanna have to watch out for each other's teleports, each others full screen special (trance and hell fire, spear is easier to react to)
and her uppercut is a good anti air and can be canceled into back teleport to make it safer if not done as an anti air on a jump in.

It's kind of like the Kitana "can't throw fans then kitana must lose" talk.
Zatanna can't freely zone, but she doesn't need to do that to prevent this MU from being bad, at least imo
personally my use of hellfire/random spear is that mu is 0% for that very reason,there not needed and are too risky against her.
cards are good sure but whiff it and its bad times, 3 is better because of the whiff recovery i still dont think its enough to contend with scorpions options.
her d2 is a great anti-crossover tool but not so great at generally AA, spaced j1/j3 can easily beat her d2 and its risk to try a backdash because if the j3 whiffs scorpion can cancel into tele and catch her backdash, her startup on both dashes hella obvious also.

also i dont see how kitana throwing fans has anything to do with it lol
i didnt say zatanna cant zone so ggs and kitanas footsies laugh at zantannas, you cant compare characters like that

personally my use of hellfire/random spear is that mu is 0% for that very reason,there not needed and are too risky against her.
cards are good sure but whiff it and its bad times, 3 is better because of the whiff recovery i still dont think its enough to contend with scorpions options.
her d2 is a great anti-crossover tool but not so great at generally AA, spaced j1/j3 can easily beat her d2 and its risk to try a backdash because if the j3 whiffs scorpion can cancel into tele and catch her backdash, her startup on both dashes hella obvious also.
Then the fact you don't use spear, or especially hellfire would make me feel much safer.
The only thing I hate about scoprion is his vortex.

1man3letters

Then the fact you don't use spear, or especially hellfire would make me feel much safer.
The only thing I hate about scoprion is his vortex.
risk/reward aint worth it vs her, 0% prob a overstatement but its prob one the mus were ill use it least.
i want to be put in zatannas vortex just as much as u want to be in scorpions lol

Why is Raven a bad Mu? Her Wake-Up's are horrible against Zatanna *as using B3 without doing anything after it allows Zee to use F3 to punish Singularity and Soul Crush, I have no idea why* and ending in B1D3 allows you to use B1 against her Wake-Ups. Also if your in range for her to use Soul Crush as a wake-up you could just teleport behind Raven. Pillars are easy to to avoid with Teleport, and the only thing you can't do against Raven is zone.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
The Shazam matchup is one of the most fun, perfectly even matchups in the game, for both players. (Obligatory In My Opinion)

The neutral game starts off perfectly slow, with lots of respect--
as both players are looking for a whiff punish, to get their momentum based, mixup offense going.

Both characters have safe wakeup teleports, that move them either left or right.
If Shazam is caught by one of Zatanna's trances, her vortex begins.
If Shazam either Block punishes or whiff punishes or jump in punishes one of Zatanna's moves, he'll end his combo in Atlas Torpedo, a hard knockdown. Tech rolling is not an option on Hard knockdowns.
If the opponent does not wakeup, the opponent will be Herculean Mighted into a combo, every single time. Anyone with Shazam experience knows this.
During Atlas Torpedo hard knockdown, Shazam can dash twice to be on top of Zatanna-- who then needs to wakeup.

If Shazam, off of one of his knockdowns, reads which way Zatanna will teleport, his forward dash will take him all the way to where Zatanna lands. Shazam is then at frame advantage, right next to Zatanna--and can do either a grapple mixup, or teleport mixup Shazamigans.
If Shazam dashes the wrong way off of one one of his Atlas Torpedo Hard knockdowns, He's carried himself away from Zatanna, who can then play her game more effectively than Shazam can play his.

It's a fun situation that continues to create itself in this matchup.

Why is Raven a bad Mu? Her Wake-Up's are horrible against Zatanna *as using B3 without doing anything after it allows Zee to use F3 to punish Singularity and Soul Crush, I have no idea why* and ending in B1D3 allows you to use B1 against her Wake-Ups. Also if your in range for her to use Soul Crush as a wake-up you could just teleport behind Raven. Pillars are easy to to avoid with Teleport, and the only thing you can't do against Raven is zone.
Raven can keep soul crushing without being punished unless in standing 3 or closes range.
Zatanna can't teleport, throw ring, or do anything but dash in because if raven does another soul crush after blocking first, it will hit her out and youll eat a combo.
Demon Mode is annoying too as she can just build meter, but also punish teleports on reaction.
Zatanna isn't allowed to freely build meter in this matchup.
Raven's walk speed s ridiculous compared to zatanna, and this is a matchup where teleports have to be limited because soul crush will hit her out of her animation.
Raven can reflect projectiles and pillar when zatanna is in trait.
Trance gets punished unlike soul crush.

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
It's pretty much right except DD is 4-6.

His forward dash is a real problem because he hops. The little hop animation makes puppet masters whiff that should otherwise hit.
He will catch up to Zatanna where her normals are weak. He can terrorize her with spamming d1. Even though DDs d1 is -2 on block, Zat can't use her d1 after blocking DDs d1 because it won't reach.
Even though body splash can be AAed with Zat's f3, it's not really necessary for him to jump.
We can kinda escape the corner with MB teleport, but this MU doesn't really allow Zatanna to gain much meter.

The only reason why it's 4-6 and not any worse is because of our trait. If we get the chance to use it, DD is helpless until he reaches midscreen. This allows us to get some meter and have some breathing room.

And yeah, I'm not sure about Raven either honestly. I beat Ravens online, but it's hard for Raven to be on point with reflects online.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
No Mr. Mileena. Fuck you, you fgt. All you do is spam man. You think you're good but you're not. Pick up a character like joker. He actually takes skill and he's not a character you can just use for fun.

Edit: agreed with the frost number. Its 5-5 online tho lol

Edit #2: watch Mr. Mil's video before you judge me about the comment lol

No Mr. Mileena. Fuck you, you fgt. All you do is spam man. You think you're good but you're not. Pick up a character like joker. He actually takes skill and he's not a character you can just use for fun.

Edit: agreed with the frost number. Its 5-5 online tho lol

Edit #2: watch Mr. Mil's video before you judge me about the comment lol
I thought it was online but for some reason, Zatanna can't trance punish a blocked iceberg.

The frame data has to be wrong for either her or frost.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
How is Joker not a 6-4 in your favour? There is no way that MU is 7-3. You don't have Zod's shit, you don't have WW's shit and you're sure as hell no aquaman.

I'm curious why you think BA beats Zatanna? It seems like she outzones him and controls the air pretty well.
He is very mobile in the air.
Her rings being 30 frames on start up doesn't help either.
She can't keep chucking rings over and over, because unless she's full screen, black magic will hit her. (full screen, she will still get hit but the ring comes out) Ex rings are much more useful, but of course, require meter.
One mistake throwing a ring in divekick distance, which is a lot of ground, can mean he gets in or he can ex it for a combo.
Teleport can be baited with divekick as well.
Dive kicks, at least for me, is hard to deal with due to her short normals. Standing 3 reaches far, but is much slower.

His orbs are a nuisance because if she teleports in, she will get hit the extra damage.

I go Raven for this MU
@deg222
can you chime in on this one too?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
@EMP Dark

I literally don't need anything in that match up but teleport and projectiles. lol
You don't zone better than Zod and traited Sinestro, you don't have footsie tools like Aquaman and Sinestro and you sure as hell cannot AA like AM and Sinestro. Just because one player loses to you doesn't mean the character does. Zoning alone isn''t what makes a matchup 7-3.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
I agree with everything here except for Doomsday and Ares. Doomsday for some reason I find he crushes Zatanna with his armors and dash, once he gets in he goes to town on her with his mixups and knockdowns, and Zatanna's wakeup game isn't incredibly strong.

Ares is typically pretty easy to beat due to how slow he is and the gaps in some of his block strings can be countered with her 112. His knockdown then ground pound doesn't work cause Zatanna can teleport away, which is a huge part of his game. His zoning isn't particuarly effective because they're slow and readable with slow recovery, so Zatanna can teleport behind and punish. The only reason he's troublesome-ish is because of his teleport can escape some of her traps, but other than that I find he's rather easy.