What's new

Discussion My Tier List (Blow Up Preparedness Training)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
He can also zone much better than the other variations. And he still gets solid otg damage after an Energy Wave anti-air. Plus meterless armor-breaking corner 50/50s that end with the opponent standing and Jax at +3 with a 6-frame starter back into all of his options, means some characters simply cannot get out of the corner against hi, even if he has no meter.
Yea you know what...he's still a niche pick in a lot of matchups but he still has the tools, ascends to A+ with his buddies

Espio

Kokomo
Kitana and Goro placed in reasonable locations? #BlessYou

If there is a patch, I'm very curious to see where these two end up. They've gotten a lot of help BUT the help they did receive has been pretty conservative since it has left them viable and serviceable, but certainly not problem characters. I would like to see MKX's future balance drift closer to where these two are currently located as they have a great balance of strengths and weaknesses.

CrazyFingers

Kitana and Goro placed in reasonable locations? #BlessYou

If there is a patch, I'm very curious to see where these two end up. They've gotten a lot of help BUT the help they did receive has been pretty conservative since it has left them viable and serviceable, but certainly not problem characters. I would like to see MKX's future balance drift closer to where these two are currently located as they have a great balance of strengths and weaknesses.
Same. Honestly, depending on how the patch plays out, these two might be A-A+! Which is really exciting for me as I love Goro and I feel bad for the Katana community kind of

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Everyone I beg of you lol. Please go to shotgun Jacqui. Look at her frame data. Don't give me "short limbs blah" she has a half screen shotgun. She does what is it? Like 40% midscreen into a restand? (Idk the exact damage) she has safe 50/50's (low string might be -7, can't quite remember but still a lot of the cast can't punish that). Aside MAYBE from acidic she has probably the most potential for 1 touch kill

TheGangstaFace

Pumped up Jax is too low, especially since he's arguably the best variation versus Demo and Alien. Well not arguably versus Demo, it definitely is.

I'd probably put all 3 variations of Jax in A+ tier tbh.

I'd move Tanya to A, maybe Dragon Naginata to A+.

A tier is kind of messy. That's why you need some - tiers imo. Buzzsaw Kung Lao in the same tier as Dragon's Fire Liu? idk
I don't agree as a jax player that pumped up is better against alien. In wrestler I have better pressure and I can armor break everything already with 12 except the snag but I can OS the low, which keep in mind pumped ups gotcha grab is also -9 I believe. I haven't played the variation in forever honestly lol but that's because I don't see a reason to use it except MAYBE the demo mu

CrazyFingers

Everyone I beg of you lol. Please go to shotgun Jacqui. Look at her frame data. Don't give me "short limbs blah" she has a half screen shotgun. She does what is it? Like 40% midscreen into a restand? (Idk the exact damage) she has safe 50/50's (low string might be -7, can't quite remember but still a lot of the cast can't punish that). Aside MAYBE from acidic she has probably the most potential for 1 touch kill
so do you disagree with my placement? I'd love to discuss!

TheGangstaFace

Also Blood God above grandmaster??? Hmm. I think grandmaster is A+ possibly even S. Blood God I believe is B tier

TheGangstaFace

Hmm, while i do agree her set play can be monstrous at times and she certainly is AT LEAST high A+, if not S, I feel like she is just on the cusp of being S. I could be wrong, and you could be right, who knows tho eh?
I can't really think of a weakness for Shotgun aside from her not really having a good wakeup. But at the same time she has a fast high wakeup and a slow mid so you still have to guess between neutral ducking or armor breaking bf2 but the bf1 is -27. Idk her wakeup options aren't awful. Also bf1 side switches.

CrazyFingers

Also Blood God above grandmaster??? Hmm. I think grandmaster is A+ possibly even S. Blood God I believe is B tier
OH CRAP. I thought I had him in A+, my bad and I feel like Blood God has the ability to be able to tangle with a lot of characters simply because of how durable he is. Very few characters can boast the sort of durability this character has. Not only that but he has some of the best buttons in the entire game, tons of damage (without the damage totem up this man hits like a truck, always has) which means off of a punish this guy sometimes just straight up kills you. I know damage isn't entirely what you base a character's strength on but it also can't just be ignored ya know?

TheGangstaFace

OH CRAP. I thought I had him in A+, my bad and I feel like Blood God has the ability to be able to tangle with a lot of characters simply because of how durable he is. Very few characters can boast the sort of durability this character has. Not only that but he has some of the best buttons in the entire game, tons of damage (without the damage totem up this man hits like a truck, always has) which means off of a punish this guy sometimes just straight up kills you. I know damage isn't entirely what you base a character's strength on but it also can't just be ignored ya know?
No wakeup. The only variation that gets nothing off b14. Gaps. No mixups in this variation. His only really redeeming factor is his damage and his durability. He's really only used in particular mu's

CrazyFingers

No wakeup. The only variation that gets nothing off b14. Gaps. No mixups in this variation. His only really redeeming factor is his damage and his durability. He's really only used in particular mu's
True true. Though I still feel like the character isn't quite B Tier, he's A tier at most for me. I just feel his tool set allows him to just play as patiently as he wants to which helps him in a big way. To each their own though, was nice hearing a different opinion!

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Putting blood God and crystalline at A+ was very ballsy of you. Most of this I agree with though

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Spec Ops Cassy in the same tier as Kobu Jutsu? I don't think Spec Ops belongs in the same tier as a lot of those "B" characters.