What's new

Match-up Discussion My thoughts on the Shazam Matchup Chart.

Uber

Noob
Scorp can be annoying, but hes not too bad. Punish teleport with f22, flipkick with d2. Mixup block/meaty HM on wakeup. Just gotta block his 50/50s a few times to win.

Zod im still lacking experience against, but he doesnt seem that bad. Punish charge with HM. Block high when he has trait but watch for low lazer. This one might end up being advantage zod, but not by too much i think.

Right now i think his worst matchup by far is Batgirl. I f%#*ing hate that stupid b%=*h. Her wakeup options are too safe and have different trajectories so its hard to bait. All her combos end in standing resets so we cant teleport away. We cant punish her flipkick low. Batgirl eats shazam is alive imho. Probably a 3-7 or 2-8 matchup.

Other than batgirl, id say the characters that give him the most trouble are Black Adam, Superman, and maybe nightwing and hawkgirl. Black adam because chasing him down sucks, superman because of his zoning and wakeups. These are only 6-4 matchups imo though.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Scorp can be annoying, but hes not too bad. Punish teleport with f22, flipkick with d2. Mixup block/meaty HM on wakeup. Just gotta block his 50/50s a few times to win.

Zod im still lacking experience against, but he doesnt seem that bad. Punish charge with HM. Block high when he has trait but watch for low lazer. This one might end up being advantage zod, but not by too much i think.
I agree Scorpion isn't too bad overall But i don't know if he should be 5-5

And I play Zod, not amazingly however, But if you're on XBL we'll run sets to see how it feels anyway and get a rough idea.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
I have the hardest time with superman, black adam, and deathstroke. black adam is my second so it's easy to counter these characters with black adam, but I would like to be able to overcome these matchups with shazam, because he is my main. I never had this problem with smoke in MK9. Even with his crippling matchups with kung lao, kabal, sonya, and cage, I was able to either overcome these matchups or atleast go even with them. but keep in mind I've never really played "top" players but faced some pretty damn good ones. hope I can get to this point some day with shazam, but these matchups seem crippling to me for shazam :(

You have the Raven match up even, I think it's more like 6-4 for Raven. Shazam has to get in, either by a jump in or just pressure and Raven can just do her grab move and then push Shazam back out with her zoning. It's not a impossible match up thats for sure, but its a tough one.

Uber

Noob
She can't really zone him that well. Hes in in 2 dashes. Once hes in, he can oki her pretty hard, her wakeups are not great.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
We should have a SERIOUS Debate about these numbers after patch, this Thread hasn't been updated in quite some time.

I think SHAZAM only has 3 bad MUs
Killer frost, BA, superman. I don't think the patch will Change that either

Everything else is 5 - 5
DD being his only true favourable MU

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I think SHAZAM only has 3 bad MUs
Killer frost, BA, superman. I don't think the patch will Change that either

Everything else is 5 - 5
DD being his only true favourable MU
I think alot of my old numbers are more 5-5 too, but i'm not sure about only three of them being 5-5.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I made alot more of the matches I know and or believe are even a 5-5, but throw me some numbers and opinions on MU's.