What's new

MY PREDICTIONS FOR THE NEXT BALANCE PATCH - POST YOURS

REO

Undead
Yo @R.E.O. how do you feel about Reptile?
I think he's around mid tier and fine enough not to receive buffs, (at least yet). To me Reptile and War God Kotal are almost around the same exact level.

If f3 became an OH I'd give out a massive osgasmic scream in joy

Btw it was great seeing u this weekend and talking again w u

Congrats on your great play and top 8 accomplishment
Likewise, and thanks.

Does his F+3 not remind you of Jax's F+3 overhead from MK9? They're also the same exact notation... I think I see something lol.

the more people i show this to the better.

@R.E.O.

These are my recommendations for making Dualist viable.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/dualist-cancel-adv-frame-data-bugs-balance-recommendations.52164/
I don't know who it was I spoke to about Liu Kang Yin Yang stance at combo breaker but the guy had a good idea on how his light projectile should drain the opponent's stamina so he can end combos in them and have enough time to heal since they can't run. I think that idea would be good and unique. And I kinda agree with what you said, his fireballs in that version are almost useless.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Make Quan Chi's Warlock Portal Grab hit low to make that variation viably comparable to his Sorcerer and Summoner styles.

Some may say that is a bit much, but it would get some run in tourneys creating some more intrigue.

Byites

Wilson
Make Quan Chi's Warlock Portal Grab hit low to make that variation viably comparable to his Sorcerer and Summoner styles.

Some may say that is a bit much, but it would get some run in tourneys creating some more intrigue.
Warlock was the fist variation i played for quan chi. It is unique and it has its moments where it can be good, for example i find it to perfectly counter zoners like full auto. What if portal grab was an overhead? Then you could have a 50/50 with his low special.(the grab is a low right?) i only play sorcerer now as i find it to be the most fun but would love to see someone do well with warlock.

Reactions: GAV

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Well buff warlock and nerf summoner. What about that?
I also play sonya an as much as i'd like a few tweaks on demoliton i know there's a lot of other characters who need buffs more then her
Sonya and quan already place very high in tournaments so far, we more or less need to buff characters who don't make placings (I think takeda should get a buff on a few little minor things but eh)
After we get them at a decent level we can adjust accordingly

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I don't know who it was I spoke to about Liu Kang Yin Yang stance at combo breaker but the guy had a good idea on how his light projectile should drain the opponent's stamina so he can end combos in them and have enough time to heal since they can't run. I think that idea would be good and unique. And I kinda agree with what you said, his fireballs in that version are almost useless.
Very interesting. I might be ok with that. It's light stance that needs help. Also make his high fireball hit mid

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I wouldn't be saying it if I didn't visibly see it happen.

That is true, but it also makes Dualist less stamina dependant. If you get shit going in DF and then get caught napping, it could be curtains right there because you can't break.

MM change links on hit aren't easy, but where would Skarlet be in MK9 if you didn't push yourself? A lot of people had her down as bottom 10 in MK9 until mid-2012 :p

Granted, a lot of this discussion wouldn't be necessary if my doppelganger in my avatar was still around. :(
But that's the thing about 1 frame links...you can never hit them consistently. Skarlet was execution heavy but nothing she had as 1 frame links

Also, I can get an uppercut out as a block string but not standing 1. Ice been at it for 10 min straight

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
But that's the thing about 1 frame links...you can never hit them consistently. Skarlet was execution heavy but nothing she had as 1 frame links

Also, I can get an uppercut out as a block string but not standing 1. Ice been at it for 10 min straight
I've also been trying again just to show you video evidence but now I can't get it either lol. Probably because I don't much put work into Dualist. But I promise you I have done it before and it does systematically work.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I've also been trying again just to show you video evidence but now I can't get it either lol. Probably because I don't much put work into Dualist. But I promise you I have done it before and it does systematically work.
Even so...this kind of proves my point about 1 frame links since its kind of the same thing

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Even so...this kind of proves my point about 1 frame links since its kind of the same thing
Yeah I've dealt with single frame links that are much more rewarding before, but they're good to practice even just for reference. But my gameplan with this is that opponents have to respect a B1 follow up so they couldn't reasonably be expected to attempt to reversal armor, more so than the true blockstring.

Anyway, I finally got it incase you were still curious. As you can see, I have the AI set to auto jump and they couldn't move when I did the standing 1 follow up.

haketh

Noob

You can hit one frame links consistently, if people can do Sent re/unfly stuff consistently you can do a 1 frame link consistently

35% 1 bar into a standing reset is too much?
I'll clarify this since there was follow-up. First, I was thinking specifically of meterless.

Second, recognize the community has a very skewed way of looking at things. The ~30,000 people on TYM might be hardcore competitive-minded gamers who can all execute the maximum combos at will. Thus, if a low starting meterless corner combo for character X can be extended to the fullest with 20 inputs, say doing 40% (to keep numbers easy), then the community looks at that as all that matters. If they think that is too much and should be nerfed down to 30%, then that is that.

Assume MKX sells 3,000,000 copies (3MM is about MK9's numbers in the first few months when it came out) though it is probably more, then those 30,000 people represent 1% of the people who play the game. The other 2,970,000 people might not care as much about the maximum 20 input combo, since they are never going to execute those. For them, a 10 input combo is pushing the limit. Well, if the 10 input combo that is part of the 20 input combo that got nerfed from 40% to 30% means that 10 inputs used to give 30% now gives you 20%, that hurts a lot, maybe more than it hurts the 20 input prodigy. "Dang, I do a 10 input corner combo and all I get is 20%?!"

I'm one of the biggest non-competitor fans of competitive MK. I watched NWM, Toryuken, Combo Breaker, GGA weeklies, Fatal 8, ESL, and a lot more. So, I am okay with making balances that nerf or buff characters when played at the highest 1% level of play. I just think they should be done in a way that doesn't hurt the gameplay for the 99% of people who aren't playing competitively. It'd be nice if NRS and TYM keep the 99% in mind.

GAV

Warlock was the fist variation i played for quan chi. It is unique and it has its moments where it can be good, for example i find it to perfectly counter zoners like full auto. What if portal grab was an overhead? Then you could have a 50/50 with his low special.(the grab is a low right?) i only play sorcerer now as i find it to be the most fun but would love to see someone do well with warlock.
Its a low, but not a viable one in exchanges. His back two is already a sick overhead. All he's missing in this variation is a viable low.

Sorcerer's armor makes back 3-2-4's short range matter much less. Summoner has the low bat. Warlock is still missing a viable low.

haketh

Noob
Its a low, but not a viable one in exchanges. His back two is already a sick overhead. All he's missing in this variation is a viable low.

Sorcerer's armor makes back 3-2-4's short range matter much less. Summoner has the low bat. Warlock is still missing a viable low.
B3 is way fucking viable, work your way & play footsies with B2 then after a hit on Oki go nuts. Plus Warlock is the only variation with an actual defensive move, Warlock should probably be eyed a lot more than it currently is now.

GAV

B3 is way fucking viable, work your way & play footsies with B2 then after a hit on Oki go nuts. Plus Warlock is the only variation with an actual defensive move, Warlock should probably be eyed a lot more than it currently is now.
...but it won't win exchanges outside of wakeups without armor and it certainly can't compare to the low bat.

You think making the portal grab low would break him or just get it some tick in competitive play?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yeah I've dealt with single frame links that are much more rewarding before, but they're good to practice even just for reference. But my gameplan with this is that opponents have to respect a B1 follow up so they couldn't reasonably be expected to attempt to reversal armor, more so than the true blockstring.

Anyway, I finally got it incase you were still curious. As you can see, I have the AI set to auto jump and they couldn't move when I did the standing 1 follow up.

Auto jump and reversal armor are very very different. You can't reversal jump at all.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I supposed I should start by saying that I have no opinion on whether Kenshi is bad or not. My argument was to show that if Kenshi's bad, so too is Mileena. I was definitely not trying to argue that since Mileena is good, so too is Kenshi. And keeping that point in mind, I'd like to address what you said here (also note that I'm not directly or indirectly comparing their MU).

I'll grant you safe mix-ups and great oki only since they are both predicated on the OS. And like I said before, I cannot imagine that they are a permanent addition to this game with how unpopular they are and how so clearly bug-like they are. Once the OS goes, so does any chance of Mileena being decent.

Also, if you'd like, we can compare mid hitting tools instead of high... they are equally as depressing. Anything Mileena does is slow to start-up, unsafe, or both (with very, very few exceptions)... this means that any safe block string is bad for Mileena, and any of her block strings can't keep an opponent tied down... this leaves her good oki as the only way to play her viably.

But on that note (this is assuming you mean her f12 b4/ex-roll oki?):

She can't stuff every armor wake up in the game. I was having success against it with Reptile's ex-slide which I'm guessing means it has a hard time I was also having good luck with delayed into ex with Reptile as well. I'm going to guess that most of the hyper fast ex-reverals work fine. You can also delay wake-up into an armored move though the window is tight as balls and not all armored moves work. I was landing a few from Kenshi, though rarely, if it matters.

Plus again it is predicated on the OS. There is no reason to block low vs her outside of an OS roll. And if you delay wake-up and block low, her only mix-up is unsafe and requires meter (ex roll). So it requires a good read or she's going to blow herself up.

Like I said above, take my word for it or don't. I'm pointing at the fences here and making a prediction (so time will tell on this one... not my chops as a tournament player), but Mileena, once people know the MU, is going to fall way the fuck behind.
OS are going nowhere

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
...but it won't win exchanges outside of wakeups without armor and it certainly can't compare to the low bat.

You think making the portal grab low would break him or just get it some tick in competitive play?
Yes it would totally break him. The reason he has better defensive options in that variation is because it isnt as good offensively. So if you want to play a pure 50/50 rushdown playstyle then stick to the variations that do that well.

P.S. You are basically saying that 90% of the lows in this game are not viable. Almost every low has very short range for a reason. Dvorahs, Kung Jins, Raiden's, etc. etc. The only characters with ranged lows like Takeda have stupid start up that causes them to not create 50/50s. Learn when you can use the b3 and when you cant.