What's new

MY PREDICTIONS FOR THE NEXT BALANCE PATCH - POST YOURS

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
MY PREDICTIONS FOR THE NEXT BALANCE PATCH - POST YOURS

Yeah hi... I'll take a medium pan pizza with double bacon, a twenty ounce coke and some lava cakes.

:)

[Runs and hides]

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
What are your thoughts on Kenshi ?

I heard u have been using him too
Well I only playe balanced ( because I think it's his best variation ) And I think he's a pretty simple straight forward character that lacks things other characters have. His gameplan is simple, keep them out as long as you can then bait an attack and armor rising karma through it to put them full screen again. Then try to catch them with your footsies once they try to take the risk to run. His normals could be better no doubt they lack some range, he has nomixups, no resets, no interesting things that will bring new tech, just his basic mid screen bnbs and okay zoning. I guess his 22 restand string could be better if he had faster better ranged normals.

I don't think he's terrible, he def can do better than other chars in some mus, like vs grandmaster sub zero, and he's pretty cool and flashy. His Jedi variation is as close as to rushdown kenshi as you'll get but it's pretty unsafe compared to other characters, and possessed is pretty lackluster.

Long story short he needs meter for defense, so it really hurts to break with kenshi. He's got some of the slower normals that make him a target of frame bullying like raiden's f12, his specials are very unsafe and it's really hard to make a comeback with him when behind due to no mixups, to compensate he's got a godlike anti air, poor zoning, and nice damage when he gets to hit someone, and a reflect.

This game is too fast for a zoning character unless you have tools like quan chi.

I'm def doing much better with Raiden / Kung Lao / Sub Zero

I really don't understand why Cyromancer's F421+2 leaves Sub neutral while other character's restands leave them with enough advantage where you can go get a bag of chips, come back and still make your opponent holds these mixups.

Hell, there are characters where if you decide to press a button besides block afterwards, you're pretty much dead.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Well I only playe balanced ( because I think it's his best variation ) And I think he's a pretty simple straight forward character that lacks things other characters have. His gameplan is simple, keep them out as long as you can then bait an attack and armor rising karma through it to put them full screen again. Then try to catch them with your footsies once they try to take the risk to run. His normals could be better no doubt they lack some range, he has nomixups, no resets, no interesting things that will bring new tech, just his basic mid screen bnbs and okay zoning. I guess his 22 restand string could be better if he had faster better ranged normals.

I don't think he's terrible, he def can do better than other chars in some mus, like vs grandmaster sub zero, and he's pretty cool and flashy. His Jedi variation is as close as to rushdown kenshi as you'll get but it's pretty unsafe compared to other characters, and possessed is pretty lackluster.

Long story short he needs meter for defense, so it really hurts to break with kenshi. He's got some of the slower normals that make him a target of frame bullying like raiden's f12, his specials are very unsafe and it's really hard to make a comeback with him when behind due to no mixups, to compensate he's got a godlike anti air, poor zoning, and nice damage when he gets to hit someone, and a reflect.

This game is too fast for a zoning character unless you have tools like quan chi.

I'm def doing much better with Raiden / Kung Lao / Sub Zero
Very well put

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
@NRF CharlieMurphy

MIleena has one non-negative normal. F3 which starts up in 32 frames. Her fastest normal is 9 frames (not counting uppercut which is 7).

safest special cancel is sai which is a high that is -11.

Mileena has a great safe combo in 123 which is +0 on block, confirmable, and 13 frames of startup. Interestingly, this is literally her only non-negative combo not counting F3 combos.
Mileena is a lag queen IMO, now that I've learned the matchup and upped my punish game she's gotten much less scary, but you throw in latency issues with a competent Mileena and it's really easy to look stupid. Im sure a lot of characters are similar in this aspect but she sticks out as a lag queen to me

Last edited:

qspec

Noob
Mileena is a lag queen IMO, now that I've learned the matchup and upped my punish game she's gotten much less scary, but you through in latency issues with a competent Mileena and it's really easy to look stupid. Im sure a lot of characters are similar in thy aspect but she sticks out as a lag queens to me
Agree 100%. Roll is the scariest thing in the world when you can barely punish it if at all.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Yeah she gets pretty good damage output off of her yolo moves which means you can play as good as you want it only takes one misplay/lag induced error to be at s considerable life deficit

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
No love for the forgotten Sub variant so this is a wishlist fix but:

- Ice Shield now blocks jumping attacks
- EX Shield starts up in 1-2 frames
- Frozen Aura reassigned to another command
- Unbreakable Sub now has Ice Burst.

SEV

Noob
These aren't predictions, but based on personal experience, and from what I've seen while watching tournament streams, I think these would be good changes that would promote better balance across the board; no explanations like my original post though. Don't know enough about all of the lesser played variations so forgive me if there's nothing listed about them. I'm prepared to be blown up.

Universal Cast Changes:

• All characters with D1 pokes with a start up of 9 frames or above, reduced to 8 frames.
  • All characters with issues involving mids whiffing on ducking and, or small hit box characters, fixed.
D'vorah:
  • Increased damage scaling on F44.
Erron Black:
  • Outlaw: Sand Trap(DBF2) and Quick Sand(DBF2+Block) start ups increased from 16 to 19 frames.
  • Sand Shot(BF3+Block) block advantage reduced from 7 to 3 frames.
Jason:
  • Unstoppable: Gains the ability to choose how many bars of meter to spend for health regeneration when life is depleted by pressing 1-3(1 for 1 bar, 2 for 2 bars, 3 for 3 bars or maximum), causing an additional bolt of lightning to strike Jason for each bar of meter spent; pressing no buttons gives 5% health.
Kano:
  • Mean Machine(B312) hit property changed from mid to overhead.
Kenshi:
  • Brainpower(22) hit advantage increased from 0 to 3 frames.
  • Face Slap(F2) universally replaced by Head Splitter(F2 Kenjitsu) in all variations.
  • Quick Strike(S1) start up reduced from 11 to 10 frames.
  • Straight Kick(D3) hit property changed from mid to low.
Kitana:
  • Fan Out(B2) start up reduced from 25 to 19 frames.
Kotal Kahn:
  • Elbow Drop(B2) start up reduced from 27 to 21 frames.
  • Mace Parry(DF2) start up reduced from 9 to 6 frames.
  • Sun God: God Ray(DF4) and Sunlight(DF4+Block) replaced by Ra's Favor and Solar Flare, respectively, and gain unique properties: both have reduced recovery frames from God Ray and Sunlights' of 351 to 117 frames and removes Blood Offering's(DBF1) health cost when activated while standing in Ra's Favor or Solar Flare.
Kung Lao:
  • Tempest: Increased damage scaling on Hat Spin(DB1).
Mileena:
  • Piercing: Low Sai(BF3) hit advantage increased from -3 to 3 frames.
Quan Chi:
  • Down Slash(B2) and Up Slash(B1) become unique to the Warlock variation.
  • Double Chop(F1) hit property changed from mid to overhead.
  • Enhanced Close Ground Burst (DB1,B+Block) hit advantage reduced from 14 to 5 frames.
  • Sky Drop(DB4) and Sky Crush(DB4+Block) start up reduced from 38 to 28 frames.
  • Up Slash(B1) replaced by Retaliate in Summoner and Sorcerer; thrusts his arms upward(the animation of Double Chop in reverse) and maintains the same properties as Up Slash, just loses the sword in his animation.
Raiden:
  • Electrocute(DF2) block advantage reduced from -7 to -14 frames.
  • F12 block advantage down from -3 to -5.
  • Shocker(DF2+Block) active frames reduced from 17 to 11 frames.
  • Stop Bolt(DB1) from Bolt(DB1+Block) can no longer be canceled on hit or block.
  • Vicinity Burst(DB2+Block) block advantage reduced from 0 to -3.
Scorpion:
  • Hellfire: Flame Aura(DB4) and Burner(DB4+Block) active frames reduced from 29 to 21 frames.
Takeda:
  • Shirai Ryu: Quick Phase(DB3) can now be enhanced into Shirai Ryu Phase(DB3+Block) after activation, during the delay while holding 3, by pressing block.
  • Straight Jab(S1) start up reduced from 11 to 10 frames.
*All name changes are arbitrary, obviously.

Last edited:

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
No more characters with strings that hit low and then overhead.. or overhead and then low. Stupidest fucking shit ever.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Seriously though.

Takeda Shirai Ryu and Lasher

Give B21 a better hitbox, HARDER to jump over. Not impossible. This things air hitbox is so bad itll literally drop juggles if not spaced perfectly.

F12 2+4 no longer has a gap and given enough cancel advantage to make close kunai a true block string. Close kunai is -3ish so pressure would end there, better than getting blown up for using the string.

Standing 2 reduced start up and better hit box as to make it anti air cross ups or close range jump ins. This normal is useless and D2 has almost all vertical range and is beat out by 95% of jump in kicks.

-shirai ryu specific-

Air spear hits more consistently on weird hitboxes after air attacks.

Teleport cancels take no stamina, but in return, build no bar. Either this, or take less stamina.

Reduce frames of teleport cancel atleast to make reptile slide blockable from all strings canceled from.

-Lasher specific-
DF1 hurtbox begins closer towards knees. Either this or reduce start up. Currently its a godlike anti air for jumps in places people shouldnt jump... sucks against well placed jump ins.

Whip trip has more range and doesn't drag enemy closer than where they got hit. Also EX has more juggle potentional for easier conversions.

Command normal df1 hits low and does 4-5% on hit, either that or stays mid and becomes comboable on standing opponents.

-Ronin Specific-

Blade call now has a more angled retreat. Rather than straight up and back to you.

B112 now starts mid and is cancelable.

@Zyphox
@RedRaptor10

How u guys feel??

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Id be cool with both shinnok and kanos buffs if those happened.

Jason unstoppable: ex health regen gains hom 10% back instead of 5%

Ft ruthless: loses armor on dd1 but its instant like bane but cant be comboed into

Ft ruthless: brutality with Pain & Gain like kotal kind of

I still hope they make kenshis f3 an overhead attack after the buffs i still think he needs it. In general i think every character in this a viable 50/50 to be good.