What's new

My personal Ermac log

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
In here I'm simply going to post anything I find that is either useful, possibly useful, etc...

One of the things I was trying to do last night was get another way in which would make Ermac's TLP safe... but what I found is very unsafe unless it would catch your opponent off-guard because it acts like a mix-up. JiP, 4 (connects as a two-hit combo and pushes them away) , Teleport.

Fun fact: JiP, B1,1,4 ~ :xray does (49%) damage with the least amount of hits.

Sorry, I'm no [MENTION=41]Tom Brady[/MENTION] but I'm trying. :)

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
In here I'm simply going to post anything I find that is either useful, possibly useful, etc...

One of the things I was trying to do last night was get another way in which would make Ermac's TLP safe... but what I found is very unsafe unless it would catch your opponent off-guard because it acts like a mix-up. JiP, 4 (connects as a two-hit combo and pushes them away) , Teleport.

Jp 12 teleport.Ermac vortex.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
It will be included in zaf's video (at least i think it will be :p ). I ll tell him to include it.

loogie

Noob
1)but you dont really have much options after that, scorpion would get big reward out of a connected overhead or f4 low starter into spear.
the way i see it, ermac's vortex is to keep pressuring and rushing them down, but then again as ermac do you really wanna fight upclose?

2) any uses of standing 4 guys, i mostly use it inside combos ... standing 4 canceled into lift or telepush. ex: 31, lift, jk, tp, dash, standing 4cancel into push. its stylish but less damaging then doing 2,2 push :)

3) easy ermac combo, 32% without jip: 31 lift, dash,uppercut, telepush. with jip i think its 34% or 35%

zaf

professor
well yes ermacs vortex is not as dangerous as scorpions as he can combo off the high or the low.
- but having a vortex is still another really great tool to have. its best to continue pressure afterwards.
and yes ermac up close is quite dangerous. a lot of people still play him as a turtler/zoner. while this can be effective, like kamikazie has stated before
you are leaving out a huge part of his game by not pressuring up close.

he has two frame traps i know of. 3,1 and f2.
the unblockable.
grabs.
the f4 low,
the u4 ( highly underused). seems people are more afraid to use this then f4, while f4 is unsafe on block and u4 is safe on block.
one of the best d1's in the game, ( 5 frames)
iafb ( yes up close this is rape)
sweep
educated guess/good read tks

you have all these options up close, and all can be applied after the vortex.
To be honest, its not a "true" vortex. vortex would be a situation where if you guess wrong you are put right back into the same situation to guess again.
where as this one is more of a reset i would say? the only way to repeat the process would be to do 1,2 again after the jip and hope it connects.

Big Frog

Noob
I seemed to have developed a habit of going for the unblockable after a knockdown into d1~lift etc Not the safest thing, but very fun.

zaf

professor
3,1 can be interrupted but if you are doing it to a standing opponent it is a frame trap. but most people have caught on to this and crouch block.
whether people react or not, its still a frame trap.

f2 is a legit frame trap straight up whether blocked high or low.

loogie

Noob
well yes ermacs vortex is not as dangerous as scorpions as he can combo off the high or the low.
- but having a vortex is still another really great tool to have. its best to continue pressure afterwards.
and yes ermac up close is quite dangerous. a lot of people still play him as a turtler/zoner. while this can be effective, like kamikazie has stated before
you are leaving out a huge part of his game by not pressuring up close.

he has two frame traps i know of. 3,1 and f2.
the unblockable.
grabs.
the f4 low,
the u4 ( highly underused). seems people are more afraid to use this then f4, while f4 is unsafe on block and u4 is safe on block.
one of the best d1's in the game, ( 5 frames)
iafb ( yes up close this is rape)
sweep
educated guess/good read tks

you have all these options up close, and all can be applied after the vortex.
To be honest, its not a "true" vortex. vortex would be a situation where if you guess wrong you are put right back into the same situation to guess again.
where as this one is more of a reset i would say? the only way to repeat the process would be to do 1,2 again after the jip and hope it connects.

i was messing around yesterday with a body of mine, and i managed to pull of a vortex out of b2 (not full charged) .... i need to test it some more in the lab, but has this been covered anywhere in the threads? if it really is a vortex, its a better option IMO then doing the 1,2 into teleport version since the 1 can be ducked/poked/uppercut ... some mindfuck could be deployed if b2 (not full charged) leads into a vortex.

is this something viable, anyway i will have more answers after taking my mac to the lab later today.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Hmmm..does the vortex you suggest off of b2 stand the opponent back up or put them in a juggle state? I mean you get a full combo off b2 and you could always do a nifty combo that links b2 such as b1, lift..... etc... or b2,1,f2, teleport, lift...etc.... So now that I think about it, it seems less viable than simply doing a standard combo off the landed b2.

loogie

Noob
Hmmm..does the vortex you suggest off of b2 stand the opponent back up or put them in a juggle state? I mean you get a full combo off b2 and you could always do a nifty combo that links b2 such as b1, lift..... etc... or b2,1,f2, teleport, lift...etc.... So now that I think about it, it seems less viable than simply doing a standard combo off the landed b2.
slight charge of b2 into teleport, dont do the 1 or b1 after the b2 charge.
i just threw it out there, as a 'vortex' option. if viable, then better than using 12 into teleport to setup the vortex since the 12 can be interrupted. plus when the opp sees the b2 animation after the first vortex they are bound to make a mistake. and ermac punishes hard.
i need to do some more testing, will come back later today with results.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I was going to post about this, but instead I'll just let you guys visit Twitch.Tv/AfterDarkGaming this Sunday at 4:00pm PST

I'll be using Ermac at the Thunder Dome tournament.

B W1zZ

Noob
I was going to post about this, but instead I'll just let you guys visit Twitch.Tv/AfterDarkGaming this Sunday at 4:00pm PST

I'll be using Ermac at the Thunder Dome tournament.
Awesome, I'll probably be tuning in. Ermac definitely needs some more representation.

zaf

professor
krazyie can you just pm me the new tech?
wont be able to watch you, ill be at a tourney / watching canada cup on the side

zaf

professor
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Krazyie man, shaaare!

i really do not think this is krazyie's new tech. this is something metzos discussed with me and i have put it to the lab.
thank you to him for bringing something to my attention.

Vortex unblockable situation.

1,2 teleport to set up the vortex
since the teleport places the opponent into stagger it gives you some time to work.
dash in and charge b2

the opponent has time to :
-fast special to beat you out
-fast poke (they might get hit still)
-armored move

jumping will get you hit. i believe these are the 3 only options as of now.
the stagger on this is quite long and you have tons of time

ill make just a video tonight on the vortex.
i wont add everything else just yet. but i think there is a lot to the vortex.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
This whole vortex thing isn't new but I think it being demonstrated on video is new.

3,1 can be interrupted but if you are doing it to a standing opponent it is a frame trap. but most people have caught on to this and crouch block.
whether people react or not, its still a frame trap.
31 doesn't jail so the opponent can duck after blocking the 3.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Okay, correct me if I'm wrong but is this a glitch? Why is there no damage when I do B2, in to body-slam? It's two unblockables... is that why? [MENTION=3]Krayzie[/MENTION]

B2 registers but buffering DDU (body-slam) does nothign except built a crumb of meter.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
That's a scary sig y'got there, Krayzie. I likes it.

The more I learn from the Men In Red, the sharper I get.
And who doesn't love bouncing people around like ping-pong balls. Honestly.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Okay, correct me if I'm wrong but is this a glitch? Why is there no damage when I do B2, in to body-slam? It's two unblockables... is that why? [MENTION=3]Krayzie[/MENTION]

B2 registers but buffering DDU (body-slam) does nothign except built a crumb of meter.
B2 doesn't combo into DDU.

The only thing you can link into DDU is 312 after the stagger, and only because after the 312 combo the opponent is staggered enough for (Body-Slam) to connect, but even that is horrible, and it has to be EX DDU. Your opponent is able to recover before you, so unless you want to finish your opponent off, you will be punished for your punish. Even then, the best punish would just be 1 lift, jk tele force push. It does more damage.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
B2 doesn't combo into DDU.

The only thing you can link into DDU is 312 after the stagger, and only because after the 312 combo the opponent is staggered enough for (Body-Slam) to connect, but even that is horrible, and it has to be EX DDU. Your opponent is able to recover before you, so unless you want to finish your opponent off, you will be punished for your punish. Even then, the best punish would just be 1 lift, jk tele force push. It does more damage.
Thing is... 312 in to EDU has options. It might not be the best strategy but its a way to bait a TKP, build meter and or airblast.