What's new

Discovery My Overview of 10-4-2016 Patch Notes and New Meta! (ongoing work in progress)

What you think about the Meta and New changes to Game mechanics.(not the Character balance changes!)

• I love the NEW META :D

• I don't like it

• I don't know yet

• I'm Indifferent

Results are only viewable after voting.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
The poll choices were edited because they were redundant. On topic: I'm indifferent. I liked the 50/50s and shenanigans(I play Cassie, duh), but overall balance is more important in the greater spectrum of things.
I guess, I like it with my options but whatever.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I actually find many things you post enjoyable on here until you started retaliating for your friends.

Here is what I meant:
Just jump over and full combo punish the ex push? Or walk back and make them waste a bar of meter? It most certainly dues not guarantee another push on block.

The second part does not mean anything. He ran at you full screen and you armoured. The fact it was after an overhead slice is nonsensical.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Just jump over and full combo punish the ex push? Or walk back and make them waste a bar of meter? It most certainly dues not guarantee another push on block.

The second part does not mean anything. He ran at you full screen and you armoured. The fact it was after an overhead slice is nonsensical.
Both work, and that's a read, they can't just jump because just like I did EX Push I can also do EX TF and that will catch them jumping, then there is DB1 and the EX version is safe on block. And the only way they can punish the EXpush by NJPing is by being very close when it happens, it's actually hard to punish at the distance i showed it at. But for both player's it's a hard read so it is in every sense a viable option. I'm not saying it's godlike or anything just saying it's there. but people telling me that I am Lying are out of line. It's plain to see they are possible.

I'm sure the ones that were wrong about me will make all kinds of excuses how it can't and never will happen but, the option is always there for the user to do.

Please please please tell me how high tech is viable in the current meta.
I was using high tech for like a month or so till this patch came, she was a lot of fun but struggled against a lot of characters, wasn't really viable. Completely dropped her after. This was a character I thought indefinitely was getting buffed.... She got all nerfs, I was litterally reading her notes with a :eek: . With the nerfs to stamina hitting every rc hard she also got hit by nerfs she shouldn't have got for HT. HT is honestly dead now.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
The fact it was after an overhead slice is nonsensical.
And lol that part was just to show its possible. you don't have to do that all match. I wouldn't recommend that but it's possible and now the option is there when it was not available pre-patch.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Both work, and that's a read, they can't just jump because just like I did EX Push I can also do EX TF and that will catch them jumping, then there is DB1 and the EX version is safe on block (run on sentence consider using a full stop). And (don't begin sentences with conjunctions) the only way they can punish the EXpush by NJPing is by being very close when it happens, it's actually hard to punish at the distance i showed it at. But for both player's (wrong use of apostrophe) it's a hard read so it is in every sense a viable option. I'm not saying it's godlike or anything just saying it's there. but (sentences begin with capitals. They should also not commence with a conjunction) people telling me that I am Lying are out of line. It's plain to see they are possible.

I'm sure the ones that were wrong about me will make all kinds of excuses how it can't and never will happen but, the option is always there for the user to do.
I'm not sure you understand what "guarantees" means...

In no sense of the word does ex push guarantee another push.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
I'm not sure you understand what "guarantees" means...

In no sense of the word does ex push guarantee another push.
well before I said grants a follow-up, I'll give you that. but saying you can't do anything after an EX push is a lie. Maybe I worded it in a bad way. But they understood in the context even though they won't admit it.

anyways let's talk about Meta in this thread, that's what it's about. and talk about Kenshi int he Kenshi threads. We are getting way off Topic

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
well before I said grants a follow-up, I'll give you that. but saying you can't do anything after an EX push is a lie. Maybe I worded it in a bad way. But they understood (missing an object clarifier here; eg. "what I was saying in its intended context") in the context even though they won't admit it.

anyways let's talk about Meta in this thread, that's what it's about. and talk about Kenshi int he Kenshi threads. We are getting way off Topic
Of course you can do stuff, but your advantage in the situation is practically non-existent. How is it any different from when he was -1 but with less pushback? It essentially just resets the neutral. That's fine as a "get off me" move, but it's hardly the strong tool people are making it out to be.

Last edited:

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Of course you can do stuff, but your advantage in the situation is practically non-existent. How is it any different from when he was -1 but with less pushback? It essentially just resets the neutral. That's fine as a "get off me" move, but it's hardly the strong tool people are making it out to be.
I wasn't making it out to be a very strong tool, just is + on block. That's like saying Kitana DB2 xx EX DB2 is useless because it can be armored and back-dashed, same thing with Kenshi's IMO, it can be back-dashed and NJP'd but it's a read. It's viable and can be used.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I wasn't making it out to be a very strong tool, just (that it) is + on block. That's like saying Kitana DB2 xx EX DB2 is useless because it can be armored and back-dashed, same thing with Kenshi's IMO, it can be back-dashed and NJP'd but it's a read. It's viable and can be used.
In no way is kenshi's ex push being +3 and giving large pushback the same as kitanna doing rising fans into ex float.

I'm honestly stunned you just made that comparison.

If you block kenshi's bf2(ex), you are reset to neutral. You can literally do anything; walk back, jump forward, jump back, throw a projectile, throw out an advancing normal, neutral duck. +3 means jack all from the distance it leaves you. You are not guaranteed anything. You don't get to frame trap with anything. The kenshi player has to make the read "will I waste another bar for neglible damage and risk being full combo punished by jump over?"

If you block kitanna'a rising fan into ex float, you have two options; block or backdash/armour. That's it.

Last edited:

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
In no way is kenshi's ex push being +3 and giving large pushback the same as kitanna doing rising fans into ex float.

I'm honestly stunned you just made that comparison.

If you block kenshi's bf2(ex), you are reset to neutral. You can literally do anything; walk back, jump forward, jump back, throw a projectile, throw out an advancing normal, neutral duck. +3 means jack all from the distance it leaves you. You are not guaranteed anything. You don't get to frame trap with anything. The kenshi player has to make the read "will I waste another bar for neglible damage and risk being full combo punished by jump over?"

If you block kitanna'a rising fan into ex float, you have two options; block or backdash/armour. That's it.
still the same concept though. she can be armored and backdashed. his is more safe cuz the distance if you know what I mean.

Like i said why are we talking about Kitana and Kenshi on a Meta thread?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
still the same concept though. she can be armored and backdashed. his is more safe cuz the distance if you know what I mean.

Like i said why are we talking about Kitana and Kenshi on a Meta thread?
"His is more safe"

I'm done here. There's nothing worth debating.

zabugi

The only Real Master
Like every character had armour in mk9....and these are some of tje same characters but only now with new moves and 3 variations.

Hm. Too early to say, but I do have one question, though:
Where is the logic in nerfing unsafe armored launchers but retaining safe +20% armored moves? The latter are MUCH better, so why not nerf them as well?

Last edited: