What's new

Discussion MY MKXL PATCH LIST FOR KP3 (Post Yours)

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I read about half of the posts in this thread and you guys should seriously stop talking about the damn characters you don't play or don't know shit about
Thanks
And again, fan Kitana doesn't need a faster OH or a launching OH
I predict Alien and Takeda will be murdered next patch, Sonya and Piercing Mileena will get some slight nerfs and stay viable, Tanya and Triborg will be ignored and their communities will stay salty

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I read about half of the posts in this thread and you guys should seriously stop talking about the damn characters you don't play or don't know shit about
Thanks
And again, fan Kitana doesn't need a faster OH or a launching OH
I predict Alien and Takeda will be murdered next patch, Sonya and Piercing Mileena will get some slight nerfs and stay viable, Tanya and Triborg will be ignored and their communities will stay salty
Yeah true, ppl need to realize, why a character needs that, and how it will affect the whole character in general, will it be fair will it be OP when everything else is combined?

Those are questions we as a whole should always ask ourselves, and should be discussed as much IMO.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
In other words, please NERF THAT TELE sai cancel SHIT back the way it was.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I'd like to see specials away on hit. General rule, but some examples jump out at me like Sonya's Grenades/Drones and D'Vorah's Puddle. It's just goofy when you see them getting smacked in the face and then they launch the opponent for a full combo while they're getting hit.

Espio

Kokomo
u know, this may be a moot point but i don't really see why mileena's telekick into air sai on block is so bad when a character like scorpion can cancel his tele and stay safe. i always thought that was dumb. despite whether or not scorpion "needs" it, he's teleporting and getting away with it. and i thought the general consensus was that blocked teleports should be punishable on block.
I'm still praying for the day when people realize that talking about moves devoid of the context of the character's other tools is not rational or a good talking point.

Goro and Kitana both have armored launchers, one is unsafe and the other is not. Goro is all about pressure, footsies, being hard to oki, strong oki and safe armor whereas Kitana is all about zoning and space control so when you make a correct read on her armor, you get heavily rewarded on block whereas with Goro it's still time to guess or hold pressure.

Different characters, different normals, specials, frame data etc means that certain type of moves are not and realistically should not be treated in the same way.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
General:
All NJP's now have an extra 10 recovery frames of whiff
no NJP's are plus and are a least -6
All JK's now are at least -10

Alien:
remove low in f134
tail flip is now -15

Jason:
Slasher:remove Armour off ex machete toss but now it's +15 on block.

Lao:
Hat trick: all hat throw are now what they were pre-patch

Jax:
energy wave now only +2 (down from +7)
gotcha grab now -6 (up from -4)

Sonya:
Fixed an issue where dive kick was only punishable if blocked low (now leaves Sonya closer to opponent)
Dive kick now uses 1 bar of stamina

Kenshi:
Balanced: ex teleflurry hits mid but is - 30 on block

Kenjutsu: overhead sword is now -6

Kitana:
B12 leaves kitana closer to opponent
b14 is now -10
b144 is now -15
throat slice is now an overhead
back 2 is now 15 frames
Assassin: assassin strike is now an overhead
Scorpion:
gains new 12 frame f4 which launches upwards for a full combo but is not special
cancel-able

Sub zero:
Back 2 is now -20 on block
Grand master:
ex clone does not go away on block
Unbreakable:
regularfreeze aura shortened
regular freeze aura now reduces damage
Ex freeze aura now has longer duration

Mileena:
Cannot cancel teleport into sai on block
Takeda:
down 3 is now -3
held kunais now hit mid
Ronin:
ex beam no longer takes away other projectiles
fixed a hitbox issue on the last hit of b2 1 24

Cassie:
ex glow kick now leaves a standing opponent full combo able after ex glow kick
Kung jin:
Ancestral:
Freeze arrow no longer has a timer
Shaolin:
Fixed an issue where there wasn't always a gap in low chakram

Tanya:
34 has been given back it's original juggle potential
air teleport can now be meter burned for invicibility
Kobjutsu:
Ex tonfa throw is now +5 on block

Bo rai cho:
f2 is now a mid
down 1 is now 6 frames
ex fart goes away if bo rai cho is hit
Bartitsu:
ex db1 and ex db2 now have a hit of armour
bf4 can now be meter burned for a hit of armour
Drunken master:
bo now has access to db1 and df1 when not drunk (but not as effective)
ex chug now lasts for 20 seconds
the puke (not df2) now hits in-front of bo rai cho leading to a knockdown

Leather face:
Slightly increase damage scaling

Shinnok:
back 3 is now -30

Kano:
Ex upball now loses armour
ex kano ball now easier to punish
d4 is 10 frames
air kano ball now only hit's overhead
Cut throat:
b121 is now -15 on block
b12 is not -15 on block
b1 is now -15 on block
anything cancelled into b121, b12, or b1 has a gap

Johnny cage:
regular force ball is now a high
fisticuffs:
fist bum can be meter burned for plus on block scenarios (not off 113) and increased duration
reptile:

when reptile is hit slime ball goes away
back 2 is now - 4 on block
back 34 no longer low profiles

Ferra torr:
Ex db4 removed

Dvorah:
Brooh mother:
ex df1 now hit mid
ex df1 can now extend combos (like df1 ex ex )
Quan chi:

Summoner:
gains ex bat which has two bats and lasts twice as long

Tremor:
d1 is now 7 frames

Triborg:
3 has vanilla plus frames
Cyber sub zero:
b3 ice ball and b1 iceball now combo mid screen

Liu kang:
bicycle kicks (and punches) input now bf4
Dualist:
light stance fireball now launches upwards for a full combo mid screens
meter burning bicycle kick into a launcher is no longer just for dragon's fire
Fuck, this is wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start :D

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
He basically wants to nerf everything that makes a character. Like nerf kenshi? What. He needs plus frames not more negative. He has a nice that's -1 on hit. ON HIT. I don't even play kenshi and that bothers me.
Overhead slash turned out to be +1 on hit although it's listed as -1. It's pretty stupid anyway, an insignificant reward in frames for having caught the opponent with a slow ass overhead.

I tell you before you get cruficied here by Kenshi haters for making that "significant" mistake;)

Captain l2ed

White wolf
Overhead slash turned out to be +1 on hit although it's listed as -1. It's pretty stupid anyway, an insignificant reward im frames for having caught the opponent with a slow ass overhead.

I tell you before you get cruficied here by Kenshi haters for making that "significant" mistake;)
I appreciate that. I hear them coming to get me now.

Skedar70

Noob
She forces you to block a wave of 50/50s without the hope of poking or armoring or jumping away and she also has a full screen pressure with a grenade thrown fullscreen
You can armor and you can jump away from the grenade after her 50/50 you just have to read if she will detonate immediately or later. If she detonates immediately you can block it and poke out. Visit the sonya demolition forums they have videos. You are not forced to stay an block the wave of 50/50 you have to challenge her with reads.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Tanya 34
Reptile can once again chip during Basilisk
Bartitsu....remove at least 10 of the 3 dozen gaps and make F2 a mid (universally of course)

Any of these will make me happy.

You can armor and you can jump away from the grenade after her 50/50 you just have to read if she will detonate immediately or later. If she detonates immediately you can block it and poke out. Visit the sonya demolition forums they have videos. You are not forced to stay an block the wave of 50/50 you have to challenge her with reads.
A lot of characters can t armor and jumping out is super risky

Skedar70

Noob
true but for a lot of characters it's rough to get a full punish. With kitana for example I can't consistantly punish it because if it's spaced from far enough away standing 2 can't punish it.
Punish it with throat slice bf3 reversal. You can try to go for ex rising blades for a full combo but at times it misses so I don't risk it.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Can we boof Reptile plz?
- s2 mid
- 21 is now +1 (down from +2)
- b2 is now -4 (down from +1)
- spit now hits correctly on all crouching block opponents

i dont see any other way to buff / balance out reptile

EDIT: would be nice if they give OH pounce the ability to change the trajectory while airborne, just like Takeda

Meep8345

Noob
She's making you guess again after you already guessed right. That's one of my biggest problems with mkx it rewards you with guessing right with another guess

Skedar70

Noob
She's making you guess again after you already guessed right. That's one of my biggest problems with mkx it rewards you with guessing right with another guess
Yeah it sucks, but that is how the game is. Same happens for example with Mileena b1, b12, b12 roll/grab/d1/d3 games. If you don't challenge it you will get B12 the whole fight and never get your turn. Gotta try and make those reads.

Skedar70

Noob
I think those who can truly escape can be counted with fingers most get raped and when they get out SOnya isn t punishable or anything
I think all characters with an armored move can excape and hit her. You have to time it so that the grenade detonates on your armor and you hit her before the active frames of her next 50/50. Of course she can block and punish you instead of going for another 50/50. Its all mind games. Check the videos on the Demo forums to understand your options against demo. She will only be as plus as you allow her to be.