What's new

My Minds Made Up: Noob Saibot Buffs Discussion Thread part 2

Dsynkronized

Tierless
I realize an 11 frame overhead seems fast, but you fail to see the down side in the shadows. Both slide and charge are -21 on block (from Somberness). This is bad, because if a shadow is blocked around jump distance, certain characters can punish it (Raiden, Reptile), other characters just get free pressure, which is bad, because the current metagame favors the aggressor. This also makes it quite easy to dash block up to Noob. If shad0w whiffs at jump distance, Noob will be full combo punished by a good player. So, I just took the risk of 8%, and let's say my opponent jumps over or a shadow whiffs some other way, the other player just got a 30%+ punish off a whiffed shadow. Sorry if you disagree, but that is bad.

Upknee is Noob's best special and one of his best moves in general. If someone is being too aggressive, it will shut them down. It ends his block strings to give him slight advantage, but that advantage isn't anything to write home about. He can't start an especially effective rushdown off of a blocked upknee. Sure, he can D3 or D4 into upknee and that is consistently a good tool, but he isn't going to blow you up by getting a blocked upknee. Without upknee, I wouldn't consider Noob viable for tournament play. It's a really good tool, but you can still just D4 him out of it and then you get pressure because you have advantage. It's also very baitable.

Also, it does not "auto correct". If you can make an upknee auto correct in this game, please show me a video and teach me your wisdom. When you input Down-Back-3 into the game as Noob on a cross up, one of three things (as far as I can think of) will happen:
Upknee catches the opponent with the back of its hit box.
Shadow Charge comes out behind you, either hitting your opponent or whiffing. Just depends.
The opponent will avoid the hit box of upknee and get a full combo punish.

Cyrax has 70% resets. Kabal has a block infinite, instant air gas blasts (two of them can be on screen at once, btw. far better than shadows), and ndc pressure. Jax has a 100% reset with full meter. Smoke has a reset with meter also. The community is blowing up with how good Johnny Cage's F3 is, along with his other general frame traps. Kenshi has armored moves and is arguably a better zoner than Noob along with ~40% BnBs. Kung Lao has an armored teleport that is comboable and he can whiff the grab and keep the armor from this teleport.

And you're complaining about a 50/50 mix up with weak recovery, which the overhead isn't even 11 frames practically speaking at full screen (it takes time for the shadow to get to you after it leaves Noob) and Upknee, the most solid move that Noob has while Kung Lao's spin beats cross-ups, gives him a 30%+ combo, can blow up pokes, and is just as good of a forward anti-air as Upknee.

If you still do not understand why either of these things should not be nerfed and they are not OP, then I am sorry. I cannot help you. You lead me to believe you do not understand this character at a higher level. Sorry.

tl;dr : There is a reason Noob ain't top tier, bruh.
ok this whole convo between you two is upsetting, this kid is only starting to get a clue about noob and u know a little bit about him but not enough to try and put him in his place. Noob's d+4 upknee does one of two things d+4 hits and upknee gets blocked or d+4 gets blocked and upknee wiffs and your leaving yourself in a bad position either way the only two true realiable footies pressure is d1 being the most viable and d3 both of which the upknee can be block but still keep you in the right spacing, even in the corner d+4 gets so much push back on block the only way it gets connection is off a forward moving opponant. But if they dont play aggresive players like cyrax and sub can freeze or net after a blocked d+4 and if your caught trying to upknee you just handed your ass on a silver platter. The tools he has are used in minor ways but putting them together and really using everything he has is what creates the big picture. He may not be considered "top teir" because he doesnt posses the same qualities as other characters but it doesnt mean he cant stay on pace with anybody in the cast he has all the nesscessary tools for success except for armor. They didnt fuck noob up he is an acquired taste and you need to understand the tools he has, he isnt scrub friendly just accept what he has and learn how to use it and be creative

Death

Noob
Armor and better recovery on the shadows is too good. I'd suggest super armor on his X-ray. A damage buff would be good too and possibly a 7 frame uppercut would be good as well.

jamessmk

I am your god
Here for you hito! Give Noob ability to jump and control between all his shadow moves. Next give him a push back lock via teleport ie: Rieko. Now he is good. Also, a very few less frame I the disable blast. Done!! Top tier

FUCK MLG

M2Dave

Zoning Master
ghostball naked is trash thats why u end using it off an aa combo then everything i said about it ...applies, i played noob to his strengths and freddy has a stun en claw opening full combos lol not even comparable to noob just because he can zone doesnt mean there similar and noobs footies are great thats what can keep him in honestly freddys footies i wouldnt say are better off of watching bury me in black play him and a few other decent ones. Noob is a execution heavy character and only forgiving if u have an opponant cornered, everything else..cricual to make the right reads especially agaisnt quckier charcters like jc and rep and kl his bad match ups come from him lacking the ability of really generating any typer of substantial offense and as far as the kabal match goes if kabal has meter its his favor.. no meter kabal will be getting out zoned all day and the fact is jc and kabal's pressure will not hold a good noob and advanced player still period they will break away adjust spacing and take control
There are too many inaccuracies with your post.

- Great footsies? LOL. You know who has great footsies in this game? Cage, Kitana, and Sonya. Noob's footsies are a joke in comparison to these characters'.

- the fact that Freddy has a stance that backdashes and lowers his hitbox giving him access to a safe 50/50 mix up is better than anything else Noob has at mid range.

- Noob's lack of offense is just one of the many weaknesses that the character suffers from. What about unsafe zoning? Mediocre footsies? Terrible damage output?

- Kabal does not even need EX dash to beat Noob. iaGBs wreck Noob's zoning. Kabal can perform an iaGB without ever trading with tackle/slide. Kabal also has a partial block infinite combo on Noob. Good luck "breaking away" without any armor. Noob vs. Kabal is one of the worst match ups in the game.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
1.)noobs footies is what allows him to keep pressure and okay cage is a given on the footies but noob can keep with him and let kitana try to play footies with noob. its getting shut down and sonya, also down four is the only footies thats keeping him from completely bullying her is more of a defense mechinism than offense pressure.

2.) freddy has one thing going for him and thats all his frame data isnt out yet so whats not known plays to your advantage and coupled with the fact that there are very few people playing him exceptional, if there were as many freddy's as lao it would be the same song and dance and it would get beat. His 50/50 nightmare stance is garbage he has many different valnuerable points when he cocks that arm back its about making the reads. Not to insult your character but aside from fighting a little better and without the damage boost and his one full screen zoning trap he is a knock off shang and kenshi all three have long medium and short ranged multiple projectile abilties in which he falls in 3rd. And noob at mid range has all of his options open as opposed to freddy like kenshi and shang the closer you get the less viable options you have. At mid range noob is his most effective all of his attacks become useful and have some kinda of effect on your character. All portals will cause you to move one way or the other his clones become to fast to fuzzy guard on reaction and he can teleport on reaction to anythinshy of quick on start up or recovery.

3.) This game was intended to be played out by taking 40% on your best and 15%-to 25% consistantly so what your seeing as a lack of damage is wrong. Noob can consistantly get in building meter causing chip damage. A good noob will take 20% in chip atleast every round leaving you with what 80% left? That is four easy combos not to metion that he can get thirty percent in the corner off of a low poke if you do anything other than block.

4.)Kabal can iagb but you wrong noob will trade with him its about timing period and this block infinte your talking about okay same thing as f3 2 ndc pre patch big whoop. It would be the deciding factor of the match and there are ways around kabals zoing period and without meter kabal will get out zoned. Contrary to your beliefe i know what im talking about and i know noob alot better than you do check your title your in the wrong character forum. Ihave played exceptional kabals with my noob and done perfectly well not consistanly losing or vice versa, what it comes down to in that match is flat out who makes the better reads and who can control spacing better

ok this whole convo between you two is upsetting, this kid is only starting to get a clue about noob and u know a little bit about him but not enough to try and put him in his place. Noob's d+4 upknee does one of two things d+4 hits and upknee gets blocked or d+4 gets blocked and upknee wiffs and your leaving yourself in a bad position either way the only two true realiable footies pressure is d1 being the most viable and d3 both of which the upknee can be block but still keep you in the right spacing, even in the corner d+4 gets so much push back on block the only way it gets connection is off a forward moving opponant. But if they dont play aggresive players like cyrax and sub can freeze or net after a blocked d+4 and if your caught trying to upknee you just handed your ass on a silver platter. The tools he has are used in minor ways but putting them together and really using everything he has is what creates the big picture. He may not be considered "top teir" because he doesnt posses the same qualities as other characters but it doesnt mean he cant stay on pace with anybody in the cast he has all the nesscessary tools for success except for armor. They didnt fuck noob up he is an acquired taste and you need to understand the tools he has, he isnt scrub friendly just accept what he has and learn how to use it and be creative
I said for a fact he is viable. I was trying to explain why upknee and shadow charge is not worthy of a nerf, and they are not OP. The only place I use D4 into upknee is in the corner, where there is no push back from D4. If that is your whole argument for what I said, okay, cool. Since D4 is 0 on block, if you do an upknee after it (if you read a jump after the D4 midscreen or they try to counter D4), Sub Zero cannot punish with ice ball, because ice ball is 23 frames in start up.

You misunderstand the point of my post: Upknee and Shadow charge deserve no nerf. He isn't scrub friendly, I would know. I play him everyday and love the character. Stop assuming so much.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
okay well by the way you were talkin you seemed uneducated in noob but you after that post seem a little better but if u know what ur talking about be more concise

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I realize an 11 frame overhead seems fast, but you fail to see the down side in the shadows. Both slide and charge are -21 on block (from Somberness). This is bad, because if a shadow is blocked around jump distance, certain characters can punish it (Raiden, Reptile), other characters just get free pressure, which is bad, because the current metagame favors the aggressor. This also makes it quite easy to dash block up to Noob. If shad0w whiffs at jump distance, Noob will be full combo punished by a good player. So, I just took the risk of 8%, and let's say my opponent jumps over or a shadow whiffs some other way, the other player just got a 30%+ punish off a whiffed shadow. Sorry if you disagree, but that is bad.

Upknee is Noob's best special and one of his best moves in general. If someone is being too aggressive, it will shut them down. It ends his block strings to give him slight advantage, but that advantage isn't anything to write home about. He can't start an especially effective rushdown off of a blocked upknee. Sure, he can D3 or D4 into upknee and that is consistently a good tool, but he isn't going to blow you up by getting a blocked upknee. Without upknee, I wouldn't consider Noob viable for tournament play. It's a really good tool, but you can still just D4 him out of it and then you get pressure because you have advantage. It's also very baitable.

Also, it does not "auto correct". If you can make an upknee auto correct in this game, please show me a video and teach me your wisdom. When you input Down-Back-3 into the game as Noob on a cross up, one of three things (as far as I can think of) will happen:
Upknee catches the opponent with the back of its hit box.
Shadow Charge comes out behind you, either hitting your opponent or whiffing. Just depends.
The opponent will avoid the hit box of upknee and get a full combo punish.

Cyrax has 70% resets. Kabal has a block infinite, instant air gas blasts (two of them can be on screen at once, btw. far better than shadows), and ndc pressure. Jax has a 100% reset with full meter. Smoke has a reset with meter also. The community is blowing up with how good Johnny Cage's F3 is, along with his other general frame traps. Kenshi has armored moves and is arguably a better zoner than Noob along with ~40% BnBs. Kung Lao has an armored teleport that is comboable and he can whiff the grab and keep the armor from this teleport.

And you're complaining about a 50/50 mix up with weak recovery, which the overhead isn't even 11 frames practically speaking at full screen (it takes time for the shadow to get to you after it leaves Noob) and Upknee, the most solid move that Noob has while Kung Lao's spin beats cross-ups, gives him a 30%+ combo, can blow up pokes, and is just as good of a forward anti-air as Upknee.

If you still do not understand why either of these things should not be nerfed and they are not OP, then I am sorry. I cannot help you. You lead me to believe you do not understand this character at a higher level. Sorry.

tl;dr : There is a reason Noob ain't top tier, bruh.
I'm not saying he's top tier, please quote me if I have said otherwise.
What I'm saying is that the buffs he got were poorly-thought at 1.05, and that if one were to give him yet another buff then you'd have to buff 1.04 Noob Saibot and THEN you'd have a solid properly-buffed Noob Saibot.

Keep reading.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Dsynkronized, no offense, but you are highly misinformed. I refuse to waste my time explaining to you why Kitana has better footsies than Noob, that Freddy's NMS 50/50 is not garbage, that Kabal's iaGBs never trade with tackles when performed correctly, etc. These things are well-known. You are like six months behind.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
Dsynkronized, no offense, but you are highly misinformed. I refuse to waste my time explaining to you why Kitana has better footsies than Noob, that Freddy's NMS 50/50 is not garbage, that Kabal's iaGBs never trade with tackles when performed correctly, etc. These things are well-known. You are like six months behind.
they can be "well-known" fact is alot of the things said by the community are paper played, or a narrow minded opinion of one person playing a character his own playstyle, but thats fine i understand you can take into conideration what you havent seen, freddy's 50/50 isnt garbage but its not as good as what your claiming no matter how many set ups you have for it and kitanas down one has better properties than any of noobs pyshical attacks correct but im telling you i know for a fact she will get blown up trying to play footies with noob he will punish everytime she wiffs and the trade what 2% for her and 8% him? math is pretty clear. and get off kabal's, he has alot of options and set ups and he is a tough opponant but there are ways to expose him thanks so you have your opinion i have mine, but you wont undermine my opinion either. I played all of his match ups in this game and he has two bad ones and one tough one, Kung Lao and Reptile. Kabal is a tough match up and maybe your overlooking tools that noob has until you know there character of which your in his form ranting get a clue

M2Dave

Zoning Master
they can be "well-known" fact is alot of the things said by the community are paper played, or a narrow minded opinion of one person playing a character his own playstyle, but thats fine i understand you can take into conideration what you havent seen, freddy's 50/50 isnt garbage but its not as good as what your claiming no matter how many set ups you have for it and kitanas down one has better properties than any of noobs pyshical attacks correct but im telling you i know for a fact she will get blown up trying to play footies with noob he will punish everytime she wiffs and the trade what 2% for her and 8% him? math is pretty clear. and get off kabal's, he has alot of options and set ups and he is a tough opponant but there are ways to expose him thanks so you have your opinion i have mine, but you wont undermine my opinion either. I played all of his match ups in this game and he has two bad ones and one tough one, Kung Lao and Reptile. Kabal is a tough match up and maybe your overlooking tools that noob has until you know there character of which your in his form ranting get a clue
Kitana is not just about d+1 spam. She has other tools at mid range, namely f+2,1 and 2,1. f+2,1 has a lot of range and leads to 45% combos. 2,1 has a 10F start up, can be hit-confirmed into EX fan toss, and leads to half life combos. Kitana vs. Noob is a very difficult match up for Noob precisely because of Kitana's footsies. If you throw tackles / slides at mid range, you can get jumped on and lose half of your life. Konqrr believes this match up is 7:3 in Kitana's favor.

Anybody who thinks Noob is any good in this game is either delusional or a mere fanboy.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Kitana is not just about d+1 spam. She has other tools at mid range, namely f+2,1 and 2,1. f+2,1 has a lot of range and leads to 45% combos. 2,1 has a 10F start up, can be hit-confirmed into EX fan toss, and leads to half life combos. Kitana vs. Noob is a very difficult match up for Noob precisely because of Kitana's footsies. If you throw tackles / slides at mid range, you can get jumped on and lose half of your life. Konqrr believes this match up is 7:3 in Kitana's favor.

Anybody who thinks Noob is any good in this game is either delusional or a mere fanboy.
As the game evolves noobs mu's change and tbh they change for the worse. Noob Saibot was day 1 S tier and within 2 months moved to mid tier. After some time he was shit and moved up a few spots with the overhead shadow. I listed his problems and what needs to be fixed to make him completely SOLID. There is a difference between being solid and being viable though.

Noobs Bad Mu's outweigh his good ones. He may cripple a few characters in the game but Mu's you think would be in his favor are either even or at beast .5 in his favor. Jax vs Noob is 5-5, Cage vs Noob is 4.5-5.5, Sonya vs Noob is 5.5-4.5. The only 6-4 in noobs favor that is of a melee character is Liu Kang b/c he is free on crossups. The matches in Noob favor are either with unplayable characters or non tournament viable characters. He goes even with a good amount of the cast but the rest of the cast aren't in his favor and those characters are the ones we see at high level play.

Noob isn't shit imho but he isnt great. He is just ok and NRS did botch this character. Its sad to see this is the only game that Noob Saibot is terrible in. He has always been God like yet now hes a joke. I love the character to death and even with he new discovery I made with noob he still cant compete with all the tournament characters. I may have fallen off skill wise with noob but my knowledge is sharp as ever. I don't fully blame my faults as a FG player for loosing as much as I do with noob but rather the characters faults and the games bugs as well. I always tend to resort to autopilot play whenever I get flustered or even mad when playing. This happens as soon as I get input but or I get a standing 3 when I input upknee or wtf-ever. Point I'm trying to make here is that as knowledgeable I am with this character the BIGGEST thing holding him back is his lack of damage.

Someone mentioned before saying he doesn't need damage b/c he consistently do 18-20% whenever he rushes down. Instead of face-palming and starting a flame war to whoever typed this on TYM I will just lay some knowledge on you. Okay sure noob can get a good amount of chip on his block strings (212 upknee) and build decent meter but his rushdown game is kinda gimmicky. Noobs normals and rushdown style isn't built like cage, lao, jax, reptile, or sonya. He uses pokes and block strings as a way to put your opponent in a situation where he has to guess whats coming next or hell eat a projectile.

EX: A blocked 212 xx upknee is +4 on block advantage. From here you should pause and see how your opponent guesses. If he jumps you get a free upknee into slide if you time it right. If he lets go of block and does anything you can shadow charge.

You can also decide to dash in d3 into another blocked upknee if you think their gonna continue block. The thing is though this onslaught of block strings only works for so long b4 your opponent figures out how to stop it. Now this block string isn't useless at all its actually his main one but THATS ALL HE RLLY HAS AS RUSHDOWN! He can d3 into throw or d4 in throw. He can d4 and jail 212 upknee in d4 hits. He can 12, d3, upknee/throw. The thing is though this right here is standard mixups that EVERY character has and the higher tier characters have their own form of mixup no one else has so in the end Noobs rushdown/mixup gameplay is just the over use of standard mixup. Thats it... There is nothing special to it. It just levaes the opponent at a guessing situation but so are you.

J360 said this once but the reason noob is designed poorly is b/c he has to guess right the ENTIRE fight in order to be victorious. Every time you guess right you get anywhere from 8-18% or in the corner 39%. Anytime you guess wrong the ENTIRE CAST gets anywhere between 34-40% MIDSCREEN!

Noob from the start is fighting an uphill battle but its at a slow pace. Its only truly an uphill battle when it comes to his bad Mu's

The point for this entire post is to support m2dave and that Noob isnt all that great. All I have been seeing is people supporting noob recently which is good but not to put anyone on blast but a majority of you are Online players. I know that online players have been topping in tournament play and I'm not saying your all scrubs but what I'm getting at is Noob online is much better than he is irl. Online hes actually pretty good b/c your rushdown and zoning game work more often then irl and trust me when I say this. I do appreciate the support towards Noob Saibot b/c he is my favorite MK character and seeing people play him and talk about him excites me so much but seriously guys are dreaming while being outside a state of REM

If they really truly want to make noob great again hes gonna need a slight make over in MK10. I have no idea if a patch truly is coming out but I hope they implement the changes I have in the first post b/c he will be solid enough to place well at tournaments with. Idk how long I will play this game for. This game can't go 2 weeks without some sort of bug or discovery that affects the game. I loved this game in the beginning and I still do but the more bugs we find the less I become interested. Ill be real with you guys...I haven't TRULY practiced for this game since APEX 2012 and thats when i got 9th with noob. This games problems turn me off as a FG player and stress me out... a lot. Some of you found out that I picked up kenshi which I did and I can play him rather well atm but in the end I don't enjoy playing him. My philosophy as a FG player since the days of Guilty gear is play someone you enjoy to play with rather than getting the W. If you enjoy getting the W then whore the tier list. No one is stopping you but never let your characters tier placement be the deciding factor whether you wanna main him/her or not. Unless there completed unplayable and have No good Mu's. If you can't play the character you enjoy and don't have anyone else then don't play the game. Just leave and never return.

Ive been a character loyalist as long as I can remember and that will never change. MK9 almost broke my philosophy as a FG player but I bounced back and main noob again but like I said idk how long ill be playing MK9. My goal in MK9 was to top at a Major with noob by being in a good bracket. If I topped and my bracket leading to top 8 was free then It wouldn't be good enough for me. I wanted to earn that fair and square. This game is to Mu heavy to main noob alone. He needs help in a lot of areas and you need other characters to cover his faults. Its gotten to a point where myself, Altaire, Flawedzilla, have dropped noob as our tournament character, although me and Altaire are using him again and Flawedzilla still uses him but not as his main anymore, and used someone else to replace him. Even though I'm using noob again if it gets to the point where I can't use him at all then I wont be playing MK9 anymore and that's a promise I wont break. I can't force myself to play a game I don't want to.

...Well theres my rant on noob

Dsynkronized

Tierless
you quote kitanas strings and what there capable of like i havent taken it into consideration before i talk ? i dont understand your not the only person that knows what there talking about and noob is good just because you cant wrap your head around dont mean anything and hito as far as those match ups go your wrong i cant take your word for it any way because no disrespect but psn just doesnt have the same competetion level as xbl thats facts so what you consider good and bad is scaled a little differently and both of you lack the creativity to put multiple things together to see that noob has to offer more than what you see on your paper thats your problem now please stop blowing up my alerts with your dumb ass arguments like i stated last time you have your opinions i have mine and m2dave you havent offered one thing in this fourm with noob besides something he doesnt even need so get back to freddy and go work on him cuz top eight hasnt been graced with your presence so you have work to do thanks

Hitoshura

Head Cage
y hito as far as those match ups go your wrong i cant take your word for it any way because no disrespect but psn just doesnt have the same competetion level as xbl thats facts so what you consider good and bad is scaled a little differently and both of you lack the creativity to put multiple things together to see that noob has to offer more than what you see on your paper thats your problem now please stop blowing up my alerts with your dumb ass arguments like i stated last time you have your opinions i have mine
First off I dont play netplay...ever. Second the fact u just said xbl has more competition than psn just made me lol bc those matchups are based on irl tournament matches and for the most part people can agree with me that those mu #'s are true. My mu numbers are based on actual irl games not my experience via netplay. I know how to play noob inside and out whether its a zoning or rushdown oriented style and I know how to bounce from one style to the next.

Don't you ever say I don't have creativity and I base things off what I see on paper. Who the fuck are you to tell me this? My experience comes from tournament play and consistent games with everyone at VSM. So far your the 3rd person to come onto the noob forums who thinks hes godlike and thinks Noob is top tier material. You think that everyone else who has tried doesn't know what hes talking about and your the only one in the world who knows of such knowledge. If your so knowledgeable then share with us your vast noob saibot knowledge and teach scrubs like me on how to win a major with just noob saibot. Please oh please stfu.

Its one thing if u disagree and put your two cents in, but its another by insulting 2 high level tournament players on a message board hiding behind your invisible wall known as the internet. If were wasting your precious Godlike time with constant mentions then don't bother coming here because the noob knowledge here is two low class compared to a player like you. Do me a solid okay? If you think Noob Saibot is top tier material and you think your so good with him then go to either MLG, ECT4, or EVO and prove it to us. Until then I don't wanna see you telling anyone off like they don't know what there talking about.

m2dave is a high level MK9 player who is highly knowledgeable in the play style we all know as zoning. He knows what hes talking about although sometimes he goes to the extreme he still knows what hes talking about.

I'm considered one of the top Noob Players in the MK9 scene along with flawedzilla, Altaire, Mono, and a few others. So everything you have with noob ive created and done so already. I'm also the mod so you watch how you talk to me or you won't be able to post here anymore got that?

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
Check it:

So here I am on Test Your Might. Just chillin'. Doin' my thing. You know, nothing out of the ordinary.

Anyway, so get this: I go into this Noob forum because I keep seeing this one thread bumped incessantly by the same three or four guys. At this point I'm thinking, naturally, there's some compelling intellectual discussion afoot.

Of course I get the hell in there and inside I find some guy who is talking down to perhaps the most well known Noob player; a man who has contributed immensely to Noob's overall development since the game's release, and the the most well known Freddy player. Beyond that, this guy is questioning the match-up experience of a community leader who spends his Thursdays at VSM playing with the best in America. You know, those wonderful chaps who only took home a paltry 30,000 dollars at MLG. To top it all off, he does it all using prodigious walls of text and no discernible tournament experience to reinforce his claims.

Oh, wait; that doesn't top it all off. What really tops it all off is passive aggressively taunting an excellent, well-respected player who just barely missed top 8 at MLG.

I just got in here. Just now. I was in here for no more than three minutes and this is all I can say after perusing the last couple pages:

tbh ive never seen a lot of strict noob saibots mains capably play another character, maybe that would help them enhance their game and pressure potential and footsies.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
thanks pecka and hito threathin me all you want kid ill call your bluff all day, if u do ban me cool good job that would be you hiding by the "internet" playing billy bad ass like i care. I will be at ect4 promise. Im bringing noob along with a few others and the difference between me and you is i can pick up a character and understand them at a high level in a short period of time. i dont worry about their flaws i worry about using strengths to my advantage and you and dave can say what the hell you want point is neither have made top 8 at any major so you him and i are in the same boat of telling nobody off moderator or not . Dave brought nothing to this forum except strife im defending my character and now ur playing politics and siding with somebody that tried stating some ridiculous buff that wouldnt make a damn difference at all then hops in the convo of this thread talking like hes mained noob since umk3. so check your self i know what im talking about and i have played boot knocka since the day he picked up noob literally and i dare you to show me a noob thats better than him and ill show you a liar. On top of playing him and studying what his does i have developed my stlye play off frame data and pure numbers which all block strings and hit comfim strings and setups will remain true for the simple fact its fucking math.

Altaire

Noob
you quote kitanas strings and what there capable of like i havent taken it into consideration before i talk ? i dont understand your not the only person that knows what there talking about and noob is good just because you cant wrap your head around dont mean anything and hito as far as those match ups go your wrong i cant take your word for it any way because no disrespect but psn just doesnt have the same competetion level as xbl thats facts so what you consider good and bad is scaled a little differently and both of you lack the creativity to put multiple things together to see that noob has to offer more than what you see on your paper thats your problem now please stop blowing up my alerts with your dumb ass arguments like i stated last time you have your opinions i have mine and m2dave you havent offered one thing in this fourm with noob besides something he doesnt even need so get back to freddy and go work on him cuz top eight hasnt been graced with your presence so you have work to do thanks

My, what a charming individual we have here.

Listen here, son: I already know you're one of those assclowns who just bought the game after KE dropped and suddenly decided to play at greatness; the fact that you registered in March of this year is a dead giveaway. That also explains why you have this idiotic misconception that online play is conclusive, and that XBL's "comp" being better than PSN's actually matters. Rest assured, I'm going to have a field day with you.

Before I go on, let me make one thing clear: I am twice the Noob player you are. Just based on the delusional bullshit you've been spewing and your overly evident lack of self-awareness, I can already tell you aren't an experienced Noob player who's put him to the test against high level players even in MK9's shitty online, let alone offline. If you were, you'd know that Noob has fundamental design flaws preventing him from being a top character. I'm not going anywhere with that assessment just yet; I just want the concept to be swirling around in your head.

First off, here's the hard truth about Noob Saibot: He's a problem character. He's tournament viable, but his defensive holes and lack of damage output pose a serious problem for him at the highest level of play. While he CAN win any matchup in the game, he has to flatly outplay his opponents to do so, because he requires far more correct guesses to win. His major limitations are his low comeback ability, weak punishes, mediocre footsies and obscene recovery time on his projectiles. Played properly, Noob can perform at the highest level, but he has to work so much harder at it than the overwhelming majority of the cast. For that alone, he's low tier. He's not terrible by any means, but he's simply not as good as the rest of the cast.

Now, as for you, let me be blunt: You're a fucking nobody. Where the hell do you get off thinking you can talk shit to the moderator of the Noob forum, son? If he tells you to shut your hole and stop instigating, that's what you're going to do. More than that: Where the hell do you get this ridiculous idea that you're actually good? Have you won anything? Have you been to tournaments? Have you even beaten top players ONLINE, for what little that's worth? Judging by your registration date, I'm more than willing to bet that's a no to all three. You're so convinced that you're hot shit, and for what? Beating randoms online? It's about time you had a reality check, and at this point, I'll be more than happy to give you one. Since you're so convinced that online wins mean something, I'm calling you out. Play me on XBL, which is supposedly where all the comp is. I will blow up your shitty Noob and anything else you can throw at me, and you'll see just how deluded you really are. You try to play yourself off as a seasoned Noob player, but the only seasoning you'll ever get is the salt you're going to walk away with after I'm done with you.

I'll send you a friend request the next time I'm on.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Honestly, I think if Noob had an ultra slight damage buff and quicker recovery on his projectiles those would be the only things he would really need.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
thanks pecka and hito threathin me all you want kid ill call your bluff all day, if u do ban me cool good job that would be you hiding by the "internet" playing billy bad ass like i care. I will be at ect4 promise. Im bringing noob along with a few others and the difference between me and you is i can pick up a character and understand them at a high level in a short period of time. i dont worry about their flaws i worry about using strengths to my advantage and you and dave can say what the hell you want point is neither have made top 8 at any major so you him and i are in the same boat of telling nobody off moderator or not . Dave brought nothing to this forum except strife im defending my character and now ur playing politics and siding with somebody that tried stating some ridiculous buff that wouldnt make a damn difference at all then hops in the convo of this thread talking like hes mained noob since umk3. so check your self i know what im talking about and i have played boot knocka since the day he picked up noob literally and i dare you to show me a noob thats better than him and ill show you a liar. On top of playing him and studying what his does i have developed my stlye play off frame data and pure numbers which all block strings and hit comfim strings and setups will remain true for the simple fact its fucking math.
All I have to say is this. You registered of march this year so which means you picked up KE. Your a nobody. I discovered almost everything this character has, with the help of others as well. Everything you know with noob ive created and have done. You play xbl and I place consistently well in Majors with just using noob under my belt.

The fact you say you have a few other characters just means you know noob cant win everything and your to scared to admit it. I have other characters to b/c I KNW noob isnt gonna win me all my matches. I two can wrap my head around other characters quickly. All I have to say is you probably just joined competitive fighters while ive been playing them for a while now. I may have not been in the scene for long but I got 4 years of guilty gear under my belt. In other words I'm much more fundamentally stronger than you are.

You can say what you want or post my shitty matches on youtube to say I suck but come ECT4 I going to make you show some respect to us High level players. I'm going to make you my bitch. Is that clear?

Dsynkronized

Tierless
lol okay first off altire is playing me soon im on now he is on now. second off hito knowledge one thing the ability to put in in play i heard isnt your strong suit so "us high level players" can shut the hell up let the "high level" players speak for there self and before i read these post believe it or not was going to apologize for the WAY i went about this argument between me and dave and i still do apologize but as far as you saying your gonna make me your bitch and trying to escalate this to a context beyond this game is where im going to tell you to watch your fucking mouth kid because you wont talk to me like that. we can play this game all damn day long and you can talk shit to me ill talk shit to you is all well and fun just make sure you keep it in that fucking perspective

Altaire

Noob
Wait a minute... It was just brought to my attention that this guy used to play under the name Shanghai Tsung.

Confirm/deny?

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Wait a minute... It was just brought to my attention that this guy used to play under the name Shanghai Tsung.

Confirm/deny?
I can confirm this but I know there's a guy who plays under that name now...different spelling so he switched names because of that.