What's new

My Minds Made Up: Noob Saibot Buffs Discussion Thread part 2

Hitoshura

Head Cage
As you all know I created a thread no to long ago discussing what noob may need to become better overall in MK9. Now that some time has passed and Ive discussed this with a few people I felt as though I should make a new thread rather than update the old one.

Final Improvement List

VSM Hitoshura (lol myself)

- Better the recovery on his projectiles
Idk the EXACT recovery on Charge or Slide b/c Somberness never posted the recovery frames on all of noobs moves yet so I'm guessing, which is a pretty good assumption, that noobs recovery on his projectiles are fucking horrendous. I think we can all agree on that. The fact is Freddy, Kabal, and Kenshi have faster recovery on their projectiles then why can't noob? NRS if you feel as though this would break noob I would ask you to reconsider and test this.

If you feel that taking away from Noobs recovery would allow for shadow clone spam then add a cool down period, like with disabler, so Noob is not allowed to throw another projectile for a certain amount of frames. Just make it so he can block quicker. Noob has zero room for error and one mistake equals death due to his lack of comeback factor.

- Increase in damage
Noob Saibot does not punish hard enough... The fact his highest damage punishment combo is 20% (212 teleslam) or even b1214 teleslam (24% iirc?) but that shits starts in 21 frames and only is a good punisher if your opponent is in a rolling state *aka smokes telepunch*
Plus his corner damage w/o meter is 37% which is good but...not great.

- Armor on Shadow Charge & Shadow Slide
I just feel it would be a nice addition to Noob seeing how he has a tough time getting people off of him. This would definitely help his bad Mu's like kabal, lao, reptile and such. EX Shadow Charge from that distance gives you advantage so you have enough time to back off and get away from your opponent.

In conclusion:
.Have the recovery of Tackle and Slide from 27 frames - 19/20 frames
.Increase damage potential
.Armor on Shadow Charge & Shadow Slide

***ALSO***
His EX Portal Bugs need to be fixed...
1) Njp wiffs if ex portal falls
2) All versions of EX portal land in the same spot no matter what direction you choose to use. They always land on top of the opponent
3) Damage Scaling on noob projectiles when opponent wakes up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tell me what you guys think? Its not really to much to ask for is it?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I'm not too sure on the armor, he has really good zoning as it is, if he has a really easy time getting people off him too he may have it too easy. That said, if they read the clone they can full combo punish, but even then, that's a 50/50.

Perhaps more pushback on a blocked UK would help him get people off? so you can go D1/3 UK to give yourself some space from a down poke. The damage increase would be cool though, not on his projectiles, but his strings would be fine.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I'm not too sure on the armor, he has really good zoning as it is, if he has a really easy time getting people off him too he may have it too easy. That said, if they read the clone they can full combo punish, but even then, that's a 50/50.

Perhaps more pushback on a blocked UK would help him get people off? so you can go D1/3 UK to give yourself some space from a down poke. The damage increase would be cool though, not on his projectiles, but his strings would be fine.
Thats what I was thinking. Only thing is that noob only gtfo button is upknee which starts in 18 frames and can be stuffed when being pressure so his only gtfo button rlly is d3 and TRY and walk away.

I'm willing to delete tht request with enough discussion about it.

PND_Ketchup

I dont think armor is the way forward, I'm not even sure more pushback would be fair.

The damage in his normals being increased is fine. I'd love to see a buff that made more of his normals more beneficial. He has some cool moves that don't seem to have much use.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
To be honest, Noob should have low damage off his bnbs but he needs a way to make use of his plus frames off blocked upknees. At the minute, you're just getting checked with down pokes that puts the other person at advantage. There's never a reason not to poke Noob back after he pokes you with d3 due to all his fastest strings whiffing high. Noob needs to enter a poking war to get characters like Cage off him, but he cannot win the poking war because they can all just d3/d4 him right back and then pressure again, or catch him while he tries to run away after d3. If his standing 2 didn't whiff high, I think he'd be legit.

PND_Ketchup

To be honest, Noob should have low damage off his bnbs but he needs a way to make use of his plus frames off blocked upknees. At the minute, you're just getting checked with down pokes that puts the other person at advantage. There's never a reason not to poke Noob back after he pokes you with d3 due to all his fastest strings whiffing high. Noob needs to enter a poking war to get characters like Cage off him, but he cannot win the poking war because they can all just d3/d4 him right back and then pressure again, or catch him while he tries to run away after d3. If his standing 2 didn't whiff high, I think he'd be legit.
I agree, the 2,1,2 wiffing is a problem sometimes, I play noob to get away from strings wiffing damnit!

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
I think that noobs upknee should allow for midscreen combos, EX:

b1,2,1-upknee-1,2-f3,3,3-tackle for maybe 36% or something

His Ex slide should allow for something like maybe a way to mess up the opponents wake up

b1 should have less frames

i personally dont like too many zoners so i really dont care much for his projectile recovery, mk needs more rushdown!

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I think Noob should get the old hitbox for upknee back, I remember it being much larger in older revisions. Outside of that though, it's all the metagame that's really holding Noob back. The dashblocking is what really screws up zoning in this game. If someone like Johnny Cage should be having a hard time against Noob, then he shouldn't need to only dashblock two clones and suddenly be in from full screen.

PND_Ketchup

Noob saibot is a zoning character whether you like it or not, he can be played up close. But people can really be fooled that every character must be played rushdown. You can buff Noobs up close game all you want, but he still wont be able to rushdown like kung lao, cage, sonya etc so it's a pointless exersize. Better increase the potential in his strengths and make them better so he's still a unique character with strengths cage and other rushdown characters lack. In my opinion.

I quite like the idea of noobs footsies to be based around distance and stopping them from getting in, rather than using them to get in himself.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
1 - armor on slide clone
2 - all 3 clones do 8% always no damage scaling (unless in combos)
3 - super armor on X-ray
4 - enhanced tackle clone should have a faster recovery then the regular one.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

I doubt think EXPortal always falling above the opponent is a bug. All the other specials that are multi-positional only have one EX variant, so it's more than likely working as intended.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
1 - armor on slide clone
2 - all 3 clones do 8% always no damage scaling (unless in combos)
3 - super armor on X-ray
4 - enhanced tackle clone should have a faster recovery then the regular one.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
All of this sounds good too.

It's kind of dumb that all of his clones don't do consistent damage and get scaled down.

And the portal bug I was talking about is the one where you are unable to hit your opponent while a portal (ex or normal) is on the screen. You are only able to hit them with an upknee or tackle/slide. Teleslam will whiff on them also.

1:Make his recovery on shadows a little more reasonable.
2:Slight damage buff on strings (maybe 4-6% overall)
3:Fix the "bugs" (EX portal bugs, green glow glitch, damage scaling on shadows)

Whimsical: Make EX charge go through armor.

I would even take just 1 or 2. He's a very reasonable character as is.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
yo man his meterless corner is 37?i had found a 39% combo yesterday,ill post it in a few.

they should give him a 2nd shadow,he'll be known as noob spambot shurahito.

here's an idea for a buff,how about ex upknee launches the opponent but doesn't move him away or towards you,like the animation from spin while at max height,make 212 comboable to it and increase b1214 damage to 25% or decrease startup by 6f.

the normal upknee animation will be used at the 3rd time you connect with upknee,that way jip 212 upknee 12 upknee 12 upknee is possible,like 30% midscreen and 35% if you use ex upknee,from that buff his AA damage will rise into the 20%s

OR

make him the dhalsim of mk with him extending his clone for knockdown pokes

edit,the meterless corner combo 212 uk 212 uk 12 uk 12 uk 1

41% with a jip 38 without

that awkward moment when you thought you had found a new corner combo for a char you don't even play and find out OP just didn't remember the damage right.

;_;

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
EXBLACKWHOLE BUFFS- B121 SHOULD BE POP UP LIKE SHANG TSUNG- EXSLIDE SHOULD FLOAT OPPONENT HIGHER FOR POTENTIAL COMBO AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO UPKNEE OPPONENT INTO A BLACKWHOLE

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
I doubt think EXPortal always falling above the opponent is a bug. All the other specials that are multi-positional only have one EX variant, so it's more than likely working as intended.
Nah man its gotta be a bug other wise there would not be 3 choices for it on the character list and cyrax EX variant isnt limited to one spot the only other i can think off the top of my head is Cyber Sub EX bombs that drop in all 3 spots but thats not exactly a bug since it drops in all 3 spots while noobs only drop in one

Enenra

Go to hell.
Personally, I want recovery and damage. That would be enough to go back to maining him for me.

Armor too? Hallelujah.

Nah man its gotta be a bug other wise there would not be 3 choices for it on the character list and cyrax EX variant isnt limited to one spot the only other i can think off the top of my head is Cyber Sub EX bombs that drop in all 3 spots but thats not exactly a bug since it drops in all 3 spots while noobs only drop in one
Jax, Cyrax, Sektor, Shang Tsung, and Cyber Sub all only have one EX variant of thier positional specials. Cyber Sub, like Noob, has listings for 3 EX bombs but they all do the same thing. The only exceptions to this are Quan Chi and Kenshi.

So maybe it is a bug. Or maybe they just fucked up when making the move list. Cyber Sub's is clearly a mistake so that means it's possible Noob's is as well.

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
Jax, Cyrax, Sektor, Shang Tsung, and Cyber Sub all only have one EX variant of thier positional specials. Cyber Sub, like Noob, has listings for 3 EX bombs but they all do the same thing. The only exceptions to this are Quan Chi and Kenshi.

So maybe it is a bug. Or maybe they just fucked up when making the move list. Cyber Sub's is clearly a mistake so that means it's possible Noob's is as well.
well whatever it is they fucked up imo this is noobs most important buff to me everything else i can manage with but the EXblackwhole has so many potential setups that cant be used like 212 Far EXblackwhole for example they would fall right in that shit for a combo extender

Somberness' frame data seems very complete what's missing? Tackle's recovery is 48 frames and Slide's is 41 frames, but Slide also has 7 frames less blockstun so they're both equally unsafe. Well Tackle is a little better because of the pushback on block. These recoveries are waaay high compared to most of the roster even non-zoners.

iroku

Noob
noobs footsies suck... sorry.... i used to think they were good since he had a nice dash but now i know better... if he is to be better at footsies bis upknee must not wiff, he should have better frame data!! i woudnt say damage buff but better juggles (but that might mess with his programming so yea ill take more damage....) if he was to get his older upknee than that wouldmake him huge footsies wise !!

on another note his up close portal should have less frame stratup since it has 1 more input than a normal portal.... and how come the idea of having portals sticking to the ground is so over looked ?? woudnt it make a big diff as well as the larger hitbox on upknee ? i mean that would be a great footsies tool as well....

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Qwark28 I also know a 39% corner combo no meter and I know a 40% combo no meter as well I was just saying the 37% combo WE all know about.

Somberness originally I though duration was starup,active,and recovery frames. You got me confused. So noob recovery on his projectiles are 48 and 41 frames? Hold on a second...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

omg thats fucking God awful!