What's new

My Minds Made Up: Noob Saibot Buffs Discussion Thread part 2

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
with all this talk of buffs is there even gonna be anymore buffs???i thought after the last buff it was the end??

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
with all this talk of buffs is there even gonna be anymore buffs???i thought after the last buff it was the end??
There's no more patches so this is a daydreaming topic for Noob Saibot.

Personally Noob Saibot's damage output is pathetic like not even 30% consistent punishments. He needs a damage buff.
Giving armor to Noob Saibot is ridiculous but seeing how 'armor' is crucial in the tournament competitive scene, he could use armor on his Ex Teleport which helps him escape. Also, they need to fix the non-existent armor on Noob Saibot's X-Ray seriously.

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
There's no more patches so this is a daydreaming topic for Noob Saibot.

Personally Noob Saibot's damage output is pathetic like not even 30% consistent punishments. He needs a damage buff.
Giving armor to Noob Saibot is ridiculous but seeing how 'armor' is crucial in the tournament competitive scene, he could use armor on his Ex Teleport which helps him escape. Also, they need to fix the non-existent armor on Noob Saibot's X-Ray seriously.
then this thread is stupid and pointless

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Armor won't even help Noob at all. especially on his shadow projectiles. Maybe his Spirit Ball or Darkness holes...but then again armor has no point when it comes to Noob.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
make his shadow chargue a regular high(not a 11f overhead with pushback) and his shadow upknee be 0 on block (not +5) and we can start talking about buffs.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
okay..so i have been reading . and agreed the bug in the portal should be fixed you need to be able to control it but as for njp wiffing ? no it doesnt , if you think it does your doing it wrong i do it all the time i rarely miss actually, even did it tonight when i was on, and as for everything els, you need to stop and understand that you want that because it would able you to literally spam everybody, his recovery is long we get it but honestly any other buffs beside the trash xray amor and control of ex portal would make him fucking op easy, you need to learn your character better because he has more than enough on tools to compete. Yeah okay he may never win a major by hisself but him and a solid or equal second character and you got yourself top easy

Dsynkronized

Tierless
make his shadow chargue a regular high(not a 11f overhead with pushback) and his shadow upknee be 0 on block (not +5) and we can start talking about buffs.
his charge is a nesscessity for mix ups of else he would get punished inside everytime and upknee is +4 on block. Agreed there asking for a bit much but what do u expect they want their favorite character to be op so because of that theyll get nothing but he does need one or two things tweeked

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
We can still dream though, right?
not in this case. heated discussion on something thats not happining is very silly to me and suggestions that are gonna be inevitably overlooked sucks so unless plans for a new patch is in the works wishful thinkin can stay at home

Dsynkronized

Tierless
dude if you all would make realistic suggestion it would be more likely to be condisdered than this shit, you need to come up with simple changes that would help or things that should be fixed ie his en black hole control and i mean its a long shot but more armor on his xray so its more viable becuase as of right now absolute shit if u get hit anytime after the shadow is call, its getting hit out

M2Dave

Zoning Master
dude if you all would make realistic suggestion it would be more likely to be condisdered than this shit, you need to come up with simple changes that would help or things that should be fixed ie his en black hole control and i mean its a long shot but more armor on his xray so its more viable becuase as of right now absolute shit if u get hit anytime after the shadow is call, its getting hit out
I do not think this character can be fixed with "simple changes". For example, people want slightly better recovery frames on clones, which would only help in certain match ups but be irrelevant vs. characters like Kabal, Kung Lao, and Raiden. If there are significantly less recovery frames on clones, the character becomes broken. Noob players should instead turn their attention to buffing special moves that are worthless (i.e., ghostball, black holes). These special moves can be buffed substantially without the character ending up broken. That is why I have suggested several ghostball buffs in other threads.

I honestly believe Noob is a bottom 5 character at the highest level of play. He cannot even beat the characters he should beat in theory (i.e., Cage, Sonya). NRS has totally botched his character design gameplay wise.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
crappy post.
You know his upknee being +5 on block (+lowering hitbox and being an awesome antiair that autocorrects when crossed up) and his 50/50 zoning (fastest overhead in the game, too. cough dumb pushback cough) is a bit too much as a tool for any character.

But then again, if you're a fanboy I'm expecting a desesperate "he needs it" in order to fit with the kommunity.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
I do not think this character can be fixed with "simple changes". For example, people want slightly better recovery frames on clones, which would only help in certain match ups but be irrelevant vs. characters like Kabal, Kung Lao, and Raiden. If there are significantly less recovery frames on clones, the character becomes broken. Noob players should instead turn their attention to buffing special moves that are worthless (i.e., ghostball, black holes). These special moves can be buffed substantially without the character ending up broken. That is why I have suggested several ghostball buffs in other threads.

I honestly believe Noob is a bottom 5 character at the highest level of play. He cannot even beat the characters he should beat in theory (i.e., Cage, Sonya). NRS has totally botched his character design gameplay wise.
okay i wont call complete bull shit out of respect for you but cage mu, noob most definetly he most certainly does has the advantage and just becuase you think from who ever you have seen play him you base these facts but again facing it is completely different things and noob is not top ten but not bottom ten and ghost ball has its rewards but nothing tht buffing would change period after that ghost ball hits the whole point is that it causes a reaction in which mind games take place it forces you to move when you dont want to thats what noob is all about, forcing change on the opponants play letting him be the reactor in the match not the catalyst which is noobs strongest attribute and to say buff his clones is the same kind of non sense im talking about, that would be outrageous he would be broken same thing if they didnt scale his damage, honestly the only thing he needs is to be able to control the portal like it was intended to be everybody but him is able to do the same thing with an added benefit on enhanced specials except for noob ie sheeva and quan chi controling teleport stomps on reg and enhanced versions, aside from that i could care less if they put armor on his xray as shitty as it is its rarely best case scienro to use it naked anyway

M2Dave

Zoning Master
okay i wont call complete bull shit out of respect for you but cage mu, noob most definetly he most certainly does has the advantage and just becuase you think from who ever you have seen play him you base these facts but again facing it is completely different things and noob is not top ten but not bottom ten and ghost ball has its rewards but nothing tht buffing would change period after that ghost ball hits the whole point is that it causes a reaction in which mind games take place it forces you to move when you dont want to thats what noob is all about, forcing change on the opponants play letting him be the reactor in the match not the catalyst which is noobs strongest attribute and to say buff his clones is the same kind of non sense im talking about, that would be outrageous he would be broken same thing if they didnt scale his damage, honestly the only thing he needs is to be able to control the portal like it was intended to be everybody but him is able to do the same thing with an added benefit on enhanced specials except for noob ie sheeva and quan chi controling teleport stomps on reg and enhanced versions, aside from that i could care less if they put armor on his xray as shitty as it is its rarely best case scienro to use it naked anyway
Cage vs. Noob is an even match up at a high level of play. If you have any doubts, fight Curbo. Besides, Freddy goes even with Cage too and Freddy has tools that Noob player wish Noob had such as safer zoning, significantly better footsies and damage output, escape options, etc.

Ghostball is trash. Do not make me look up its frame data. LOL. You will never connect something this slow.

You know his upknee being +5 on block (+lowering hitbox and being an awesome antiair that autocorrects when crossed up) and his 50/50 zoning (fastest overhead in the game, too. cough dumb pushback cough) is a bit too much as a tool for any character.

But then again, if you're a fanboy I'm expecting a desesperate "he needs it" in order to fit with the kommunity.

I realize an 11 frame overhead seems fast, but you fail to see the down side in the shadows. Both slide and charge are -21 on block (from Somberness). This is bad, because if a shadow is blocked around jump distance, certain characters can punish it (Raiden, Reptile), other characters just get free pressure, which is bad, because the current metagame favors the aggressor. This also makes it quite easy to dash block up to Noob. If shad0w whiffs at jump distance, Noob will be full combo punished by a good player. So, I just took the risk of 8%, and let's say my opponent jumps over or a shadow whiffs some other way, the other player just got a 30%+ punish off a whiffed shadow. Sorry if you disagree, but that is bad.

Upknee is Noob's best special and one of his best moves in general. If someone is being too aggressive, it will shut them down. It ends his block strings to give him slight advantage, but that advantage isn't anything to write home about. He can't start an especially effective rushdown off of a blocked upknee. Sure, he can D3 or D4 into upknee and that is consistently a good tool, but he isn't going to blow you up by getting a blocked upknee. Without upknee, I wouldn't consider Noob viable for tournament play. It's a really good tool, but you can still just D4 him out of it and then you get pressure because you have advantage. It's also very baitable.

Also, it does not "auto correct". If you can make an upknee auto correct in this game, please show me a video and teach me your wisdom. When you input Down-Back-3 into the game as Noob on a cross up, one of three things (as far as I can think of) will happen:
Upknee catches the opponent with the back of its hit box.
Shadow Charge comes out behind you, either hitting your opponent or whiffing. Just depends.
The opponent will avoid the hit box of upknee and get a full combo punish.

Cyrax has 70% resets. Kabal has a block infinite, instant air gas blasts (two of them can be on screen at once, btw. far better than shadows), and ndc pressure. Jax has a 100% reset with full meter. Smoke has a reset with meter also. The community is blowing up with how good Johnny Cage's F3 is, along with his other general frame traps. Kenshi has armored moves and is arguably a better zoner than Noob along with ~40% BnBs. Kung Lao has an armored teleport that is comboable and he can whiff the grab and keep the armor from this teleport.

And you're complaining about a 50/50 mix up with weak recovery, which the overhead isn't even 11 frames practically speaking at full screen (it takes time for the shadow to get to you after it leaves Noob) and Upknee, the most solid move that Noob has while Kung Lao's spin beats cross-ups, gives him a 30%+ combo, can blow up pokes, and is just as good of a forward anti-air as Upknee.

If you still do not understand why either of these things should not be nerfed and they are not OP, then I am sorry. I cannot help you. You lead me to believe you do not understand this character at a higher level. Sorry.

tl;dr : There is a reason Noob ain't top tier, bruh.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
Cage vs. Noob is an even match up at a high level of play. If you have any doubts, fight Curbo. Besides, Freddy goes even with Cage too and Freddy has tools that Noob player wish Noob had such as safer zoning, significantly better footsies and damage output, escape options, etc.

Ghostball is trash. Do not make me look up its frame data. LOL. You will never connect something this slow.
ghostball naked is trash thats why u end using it off an aa combo then everything i said about it ...applies, i played noob to his strengths and freddy has a stun en claw opening full combos lol not even comparable to noob just because he can zone doesnt mean there similar and noobs footies are great thats what can keep him in honestly freddys footies i wouldnt say are better off of watching bury me in black play him and a few other decent ones. Noob is a execution heavy character and only forgiving if u have an opponant cornered, everything else..cricual to make the right reads especially agaisnt quckier charcters like jc and rep and kl his bad match ups come from him lacking the ability of really generating any typer of substantial offense and as far as the kabal match goes if kabal has meter its his favor.. no meter kabal will be getting out zoned all day and the fact is jc and kabal's pressure will not hold a good noob and advanced player still period they will break away adjust spacing and take control