What's new

My Matchup Chart For GL

JDM

Noob
thanks for posting a video but that just makes it look really even, the zoning even looks even but its easier for batman to avoid GLs zoning than it is for GL to avoid his
if he uses bats from range where he gets in free you just have to block, he has no real mixups but GL has no way to deal with pressure, also i didnt know d2 beat his j2 i need to check that out, that would help in the MU alot but i literally never use d2 because of the ridiculous scaling

His d2 is ridiculous, yes use it as much as you can. Especially with the new trait OTG setup. You can do D2xxTrait LM and then go for mixup or go for the max damage.

If it trades you get a b1 into a full combo or into trait mixup. D2 changes the matchup a lot.

rurounikenshin

biggest cyborg upplayer
Aquaman: 4.5-5.5
Ares: 6-4
Bane: 6-4
Batgirl: 4.5-5.5
Batman: 6-4 (Could be better than that for GL)
Black Adam: 6-4
Catwoman: 5.5-4.5
Cyborg: 6-4
Deathstroke: 6-4
Doomsday: 5-5
Flash: 5-5
Green Arrow: 4-6
Grundy: 5-5
Harley Quinn: 5-5 (could be 4-6, not enough experience in this mu)
Hawkgirl: 6-4
Joker: 6-4
Killer Frost: 4-6
Lex Luthor: 6-4
Lobo: 6-4
MMH: 4.5-5.5
Nightwing: 5-5
Raven: 3-7
Scorpion: 5-5
Shazam: 6-4
Sinestro: 4-6
Superman: 4-6
Wonder Woman: 5-5
Zatanna: 4-6 (could be worse, same as harley)
Zod: 4-6

This is my GL matchup chart that everyone is going to start hating on in 3...2...1...
You have cyborg at an advantage...

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
His d2 is ridiculous, yes use it as much as you can. Especially with the new trait OTG setup. You can do D2xxTrait LM and then go for mixup or go for the max damage.

If it trades you get a b1 into a full combo or into trait mixup. D2 changes the matchup a lot.
d2 xx trait LM???

Child's play.

d2, f3, j2, b13 xx trait LM. :p

THTB

how does the oki option mess with AM's trait exactly?
It gives GL a crossup f3 option, so that GL doesn't have to always go high/low, and can instead go left/right in the mixup. It's really useful for Aquaman, since it's a one-hit launch, which nullifies any impact Aquaman's trait would have, since b13 can be traited to avoid the high/low mixup.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
It gives GL a crossup f3 option, so that GL doesn't have to always go high/low, and can instead go left/right in the mixup. It's really useful for Aquaman, since it's a one-hit launch, which nullifies any impact Aquaman's trait would have, since b13 can be traited to avoid the high/low mixup.
ah, i never learned about all of lanturns oki options and setups and what not, probably still has more stuff i don't know, just curious

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
if you dont mind id like an explanation of why this MU is in GL's favor i really dont see it, because he has air rockets? lol, GL has to work just as hard as Aquaman
GL wins in space control. He forces aqua to play a risky guessing game in footsies. Also if the GL is smart enough to expose Aqua's wake up game then it's hell getting up.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I feel like Cyborg and Raven are equally terrible.

I also can't tell if Sinestro is even or if I'm just really really comfortable in that MU because I've played a billion different sinestros over the games lifespan

I really hate the Batman match up. I know there's stuff I could be doing better but if he's able to use his 3 bats at match start to open you up and get a life lead then the hill you have to climb up is immense.

can't comment on Zod or Zatanna; never played a competent player using either of them

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....

I also can't tell if Sinestro is even or if I'm just really really comfortable in that MU because I've played a billion different sinestros over the games lifespan

I really hate the Batman match up. I know there's stuff I could be doing better but if he's able to use his 3 bats at match start to open you up and get a life lead then the hill you have to climb up is immense.

can't comment on Zod or Zatanna; never played a competent player using either of them
for batman the best 1 bar of meter ever spent....push blocking him and watching his trait vanish.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Batman Trait doesn't get him in for free. If he does it from a far range, he won't make it to you in time to take advantage of the blockstun, if he does it within a range that he can, you can catch him out of stuff. Even if he does get pressure on you, you can just block everything, Batman has no real mixups.

Close range j2 loses to GL d2 for free, Batman can't jump at ALL in this matchup.

Here is an example of me playing this matchup in top 3 at WNF:
(It's the first match)
That match up looks pretty 5-5 to me. Plus that was clearly Yellow Lantern who has a different play style than GL.

E

Eldriken

for batman the best 1 bar of meter ever spent....push blocking him and watching his trait vanish.
That's something I -really- need to do more often. Not just against Batman, but pretty much against anyone who knows what they're doing. Push blocking is something I never do. >.>

THTB

Sinestro is the same way for me...I played P2W too much, so any other Sinestro (bar Wound I'm 100% positive, since we've never played) doesn't feel nearly as bad. But I know it's bad.

Raven, I want to say it's that bad, but I honestly don't get to play the matchup often enough.

Ashenar

Sinestro is the same way for me...I played P2W too much, so any other Sinestro (bar Wound I'm 100% positive, since we've never played) doesn't feel nearly as bad. But I know it's bad.

Raven, I want to say it's that bad, but I honestly don't get to play the matchup often enough.
the only time I ever felt that the sinestro match up was really rough was playing SomeCubanGuy his spacing and use of variable mix ups and unorthodox play kinda made play most other sinestros pretty trivial.

Also the Cyborg match up does suck and can be borderline 7-3 his favor but for some reason when i've played it against Relaxedstate it didn't feel unwinable

THTB

the only time I ever felt that the sinestro match up was really rough was playing SomeCubanGuy his spacing and use of variable mix ups and unorthodox play kinda made play most other sinestros pretty trivial.

Also the Cyborg match up does suck and can be borderline 7-3 his favor but for some reason when i've played it against Relaxedstate it didn't feel unwinable
I was trying to explain Cyborg, but was on my phone trying to type fast lol. But yeah, Cyborg for me is the same way, only I knew that was due to online hindering Cyborg more than it hindered GL. With the online play out of the way, I'm sure I would've done much worse vs Relaxed and K7.

Ashenar

I was trying to explain Cyborg, but was on my phone trying to type fast lol. But yeah, Cyborg for me is the same way, only I knew that was due to online hindering Cyborg more than it hindered GL. With the online play out of the way, I'm sure I would've done much worse vs Relaxed and K7.
idk so much about it hindering cyborg because you also can hit some small patches of lag that would affect you moving as well. not saying its in gl's favor at all but there are some ways around it. also on knock down cyborg can wake up the good thing is his wake up options are single hitting so using mbb3 can help you keep him on the ground and allow you to apply some pressure.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Killer Frost bodies GL
Funny guy

Who have you played, I had sets before vs Glass Sword and it didn't feel bad at all. Of course it was online so it's not legit.

Ashenar

Funny guy

Who have you played, I had sets before vs Glass Sword and it didn't feel bad at all. Of course it was online so it's not legit.
I'd say I feel the same way at times orochi. But I know from playing Somecubanguy that it can tend to be a little frustrating after a certain period of time in the grind. In a two out of three setting I'd say it would play out infavor of sinestro but GL's chances of pulling out the set isn't to bad.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
I'd say I feel the same way at times orochi. But I know from playing Somecubanguy that it can tend to be a little frustrating after a certain period of time in the grind. In a two out of three setting I'd say it would play out infavor of sinestro but GL's chances of pulling out the set isn't to bad.
Oh I meant Raven but I can see the same for Sinestro in a 2 out of three i can see how it can be challenging than say a ft5 or 10 cause of the mind games However I think I'd probably get bodied by wound's Sinestro though. For me Sinestro is worse than Raven anyway.

Ashenar

Oh I meant Raven but I can see the same for Sinestro in a 2 out of three i can see how it can be challenging than say a ft5 or 10 cause of the mind games However I think I'd probably get bodied by wound's Sinestro though. For me Sinestro is worse than Raven anyway.
I'd actually agree with you. In some area's sinestro's footsies are pretty strong and have slightly less range then b1. Also the axe string he has seams to out prioritize GL's B1 because of the hurtbox being behind the hitbox of the axe while GL's B1 seams to be slightly past the upper part of the boot. Over all 6-4 sinestro with the probable 7-3 slanting when trait comes out. The biggest saving grace would be the fact that gl can standing 1 punish arachnid for some meaty damage and force the issue with a traited mix up.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Funny guy

I went even vs. Glass Sword but I'll just say.. You won't understand the full power of Raven until you play Ducky. When you do, a lot of things will become apparent.