What's new

General/Other My Issues with Catwoman.

E

Eldriken

Thanks for the tips, Bit. I'll definitely have to see what I can pull off with Cat Claws instead of Dash.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
cat claws is bf1 right? I thought that was -14?
if you're hit confirming why not cat dash? It seems to get more damage (and honestly it's easier damage imo).
*prey

hmm, that's all good stuff to think about. I'll heep that in mind as i keep learning her.
dash doesn't lead to higher damage than claws. I gots me a science video coming out soon on kitty cat. :)

dash doesn't lead to higher damage than claws. I gots me a science video coming out soon on kitty cat. :)
I know, my damage has already increased 15% since then. i didnt know you could b3 after claws, but it turns out it's just harder to catch.
After all it's been 3 days, that's my usual damage increase rate, lol.

this shit keeps reading cat claws as whip, any way to deal with that or should i just drop her now? i dont have that problem with any other chatacter. I went to practice mode and apparently it's reading some random diagonal direction as the entire whip input even though i'm hitting left then right. there's no reason for the diagonal to read as df. that's absurd, if you have mk controls on f/d diagonal should do nothing except for specific mapped commands like low whip. it should require a read of full down and full forward. shit's killing me here.
K that's my angry rant. any actual help for how to deal with that would be appreciated.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
:-/ I don't have this problem, maybe you're just inputting the command too fast?

:-/ I don't have this problem, maybe you're just inputting the command too fast?
if you dont input it fast the catscratch doesnt come out at all. Turning negative edge off should mean that it wouldnt matter how fast i input it, if i input it correctly (which the game's button log says i did) it should come out correctly. this means that negative edge wasnt properly dealt with. Unfortunately this creates huge problems for selena because if you whip instead of clase you get punished hard instead for punishing your opponent hard.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
if you dont input it fast the catscratch doesnt come out at all. Turning negative edge off should mean that it wouldnt matter how fast i input it, if i input it correctly (which the game's button log says i did) it should come out correctly. this means that negative edge wasnt properly dealt with. Unfortunately this creates huge problems for selena because if you whip instead of clase you get punished hard instead for punishing your opponent hard.
What are you trying to do the claws after, exactly? Or is it just a general problem you're running into?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
You have to input it separately. You know how we used to do D1~Cutter...don't do it like that. It's like a dance...and one and two and three. Like D1 and now BF1. You are most likely doing it too fast. DJ L Toro

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I saw the thread title and got my pen out.. But 16 Bit is regulating in this thread. Off to play some online matches :)

You have to input it separately. You know how we used to do D1~Cutter...don't do it like that. It's like a dance...and one and two and three. Like D1 and now BF1. You are most likely doing it too fast. DJ L Toro
the problem i have with this is that negative edge is supposed to be off. If you're going to say that "relese check off" means no more negative edge, then i dont want it to be less negative edge, i want it to be no negative edge at all.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
the problem i have with this is that negative edge is supposed to be off. If you're going to say that "relese check off" means no more negative edge, then i dont want it to be less negative edge, i want it to be no negative edge at all.
What you are experiencing has nothing to do with negative edge. You are most likely rolling your fingers from back to forward to do the cat claw and by doing that you occasionally press down on the way to forward which makes whip come out instead. You are not having this problem with other chars bc they dont have bfx and dfx both be an input for a special. Just gotta tighten up the execution.

Justice

Noob
this shit keeps reading cat claws as whip, any way to deal with that or should i just drop her now? i dont have that problem with any other chatacter. I went to practice mode and apparently it's reading some random diagonal direction as the entire whip input even though i'm hitting left then right. there's no reason for the diagonal to read as df. that's absurd, if you have mk controls on f/d diagonal should do nothing except for specific mapped commands like low whip. it should require a read of full down and full forward. shit's killing me here.
K that's my angry rant. any actual help for how to deal with that would be appreciated.
What you are experiencing has nothing to do with negative edge. You are most likely rolling your fingers from back to forward to do the cat claw and by doing that you occasionally press down on the way to forward which makes whip come out instead. You are not having this problem with other chars bc they dont have bfx and dfx both be an input for a special. Just gotta tighten up the execution.
I'm getting the same shit happening on the HitBox. It's not easy but you gotta tighten it up.

nah dude, looking at the button log on practice mode that is absolutely not happening.
I'm getting the same shit happening on the HitBox. It's not easy but you gotta tighten it up.
what do you mean have to tighten it up? like get the timing down perfect or what? I'm really interested in your perspective from a hitbox user because your directions are all independent buttons.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
nah dude, looking at the button log on practice mode that is absolutely not happening.

Well regardless, it's not negative edge that is causing problem bc negative edge has to to do with release of buttons counting as an input. I assumed that rolling was the issue bc previously you mentioned you went to practice mode and the game was reading a diagonal input that you didn't know where it was coming from.
Anyway I just went to practice mode and was able to do d1claw when I inputed the motion as d1, do a quarter circle back, remove my thumb completley, press f+1. Might want to give that a try. Or post a vid of your button log, that might help people pin point the issue even better bc this is def some sort of an input issue not negative edge.

Well regardless, it's not negative edge that is causing problem bc negative edge has to to do with release of buttons counting as an input. I assumed that rolling was the issue bc previously you mentioned you went to practice mode and the game was reading a diagonal input that you didn't know where it was coming from.
Anyway I just went to practice mode and was able to do d1claw when I inputed the motion as d1, do a quarter circle back, remove my thumb completley, press f+1. Might want to give that a try. Or post a vid of your button log, that might help people pin point the issue even better bc this is def some sort of an input issue not negative edge.
i'll keep trying, i guess, but i dont like that it has this issue that seems totally random.
And i dont do the vid thing to prove what i'm saying is true. I pride myself on my honesty, and if people dont believe me, then they're not going to believe me (also i'm not birdsongs, lol).

DJ L Toro calm down and just practice...you arent getting it because it is HARD. I'm still working on it myself...it's not simple in the slightest!
i just have issue with the button log saying i did it right and a totally different move came out. that's an understandable game complaint IMO. By now i'm calm because i've been smashing faces with grundy, lol, but it's still a legitimate problem with the game that seems character specific.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
i just have issue with the button log saying i did it right and a totally different move came out. that's an understandable game complaint IMO. By now i'm calm because i've been smashing faces with grundy, lol, but it's still a legitimate problem with the game that seems character specific.
We are saying it's you...

Justice

Noob
The same thing I've been screaming at MK's Training Mode for the past 2 years :p

That's the one advantage/disadvantage with the HitBox: there's no arguing your mistakes. So when I have the same thing happening on my HitBox that you do on your stick, it means that my inputs are sloppy and for however many frames (those damned Sanwa buttons don't take many with their sensitivity) I am pressing both down and back together and getting the diagonal which in turn with the "MK" inputs equal the shortcut to Air Whip.

Bottom line is, this tech is going to require almost REO levels of execution to nail consistantly under battle conditions. Catwoman seems to be the execution-whore that Sonya and Skarlet were in MK. Take your time and work on accuracy. Before you know it, muscle memory will take over and you'll be hitting it consitantly enough for it to be reliable in tournaments.