What's new

My first game back on MK11 in about two weeks

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Dont hate the game, hate the player

Toxicity is present in any game. It's way worse in MOBAs or F2P games. People act like douchebags, so put yourself in a party and leave matches with people who act like assholes. But it's really not the games fault that some guy flew off the handle in an online video game

You know whats ironic about this? The people who troll and teabag continue to do it bc of the exact reason this thread exists. Your reaction to this is the reason why it's so effective. Think about it. If someone beat you so bad and made you mad enough to literally stop playing, it makes that person feel invincible. Why would they stop being "toxic"? It clearly is working.

One guy talked shit to me the whole match but I took the set. Ran into him again...crickets. I beat him again and he didn't have anything to say. That's how you shut em up.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
lol

In one thread your complaining about pokes being too strong. In another thread you're asking for a MASSIVE buffs to pokes that would severely nerf any character without a good mid:

Like pokes are too strong but god forbid you get thrown because you're mashing d3 when you're negative 4 on block (throws don't eat pokes. The term is "counter hit". You're getting counter hit, because frame data.
Do you really think that Skarlet, Shao khan, Raiden, Jade are on the same level as Jacqui, Joker, Johnny cage etc? No they are not, on a mid level they are even, on a HIGH level they are not.

I also dont recall myself ever asking for buffs to the pokes of any character. If anything i did (Kitana could have better pokes) because i see that the poke meta isnt changing, so why the hell not cant that X character get better pokes? Unless you are confusing me with someone else.

And for the record, grabs have been beating my pokes when i had a huge distance with my opponent and i was trying to condition him with D4. Is that me mashing? No.

Last edited:
Also grabs have been beating my pokes when i had a huge distance with my opponent and i was trying to condition him with D4. Is that me mashing? No.
So your opponent's are preemptively putting out a throw hitbox at the tip of your d4 range to beat you?

"I know he's going to d4 me from max range so I'm going to throw out a 34 frame recovery move in neutral to fish for a counter hit"

This is not an actual part of high level play or the meta at all. It's something you can show off in practice mode and something that will occasionally happen when you play against someone mashing their face into their controller, and has never actually been a viable strategy or amounted to anything more than a strawman argument.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
And for the record, grabs have been beating my pokes when i had a huge distance with my opponent and i was trying to condition him with D4. Is that me mashing? No.
I'm surprised people still don't understand this like a year into the game. Grabs do not 'beat' pokes. Throws will connect with your hurtbox just like any other normal would. If the throw goes active before your move goes active, and it reaches your hurtbox, you get thrown.

If your opponent did any other normal, you'd get blown up just the same. Nothing 'beats' other stuff.

Mr.Khen

I am you
I feel you, I had the same experience in MKX and it was too much for my heart to handle, what did happen over time is that I started meeting people in KOTH and other rooms that are fun to play with and forged a mini community where we all just play together, I personally don't play KL since I think it's turning the game into something I just can't and won't invest my time into emotionally.. it is truly horrible and no skin is worth the amount of nerves you have to take into your body when you're simply trying to enjoy the game you love to play. I am pretty sure NRS wanted us to have fun but they can't really control the nature of some toxic players. When I did play KL tho (which was in the beginning) I muted the volume to zero (after learning the hard way that free hate flows like a river during the peak of a stormy winter in that area of the game) and played some music to avoid toxicity, the beautiful thing about the virtual realm is that you can just find ways to ignore or tap-out of what doesn't fit your style and energy. and you can add people you enjoyed playing against as friends and keep going at it!

They say don't hate the player.... but he played the game! Choose to ignore the toxic ones.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Characters I've seen in the last few weeks in Top 16s and Top 8s:
Scorpion, Kotal, Nightwolf, Sindel, Geras, Johnny, Noob, Liu, Jacqui, Cetrion, Erron Black, Jade, Kitana, Cassie, Kabal, Lao, Sub Zero, Skarlet..

If this game is so 'unbalanced' that it's literally making people toxic, then they won't be able to play any fighting game. Period.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I do not understand the FGC on this tea bagging issue... I mean how is it toxic? I mean how weak a person would you have to be to get upset by seeing a character bob up and down? It makes no sense.. how dose it affect you in anyway? I just do not get it..

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I mean as long as you just play kompetitive player match this won't happen often, the worst I usually get is when we are having a good set and then my opponent wins a few games in a row and leaves lol. Other than that I don't hear much people on mics etc.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I mean as long as you just play kompetitive player match this won't happen often
yeah you find this in a lot of competitive games. The lower tiers are trash. Then you just slaughter them and get matched to higher tiers and all the toxicity, well most, goes away.

Honestly,people should grow thicker skin. T-Bagging and yelling on voice should just be indication that these people are frustrated,seek attention and just want to have some form of accomplishment in their miserable lives. Just play along with it and thats it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Lets see,
  1. Unbalanced characters
  2. Poke meta that is still present
  3. FU neutral moves still present
  4. Bad comeback mechanics
  5. Bad character designs.
  6. KL
These are legitimate reasons making people dislike the game.
Love the fact that people talk about neutral when they don't even understand counterhits, char balance etc. It's like someone talking about something so advanced and pretending they understand when they're failing comprehension of basic fg things

Ppl like you are the exact definition of clueless scrub

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
People complain about poke meta and zoning but they were happy to eat eight snapback loops in a row, fight fifteen Leroys a session, get hit by tracking Hellsweeps, take 80% for doing a heavy attack at the wrong time, get lamed out by Elena, and then be like "ah a true fighting game unlike MK11"

Like how the hell is a move "FU Neutral"? Playing the neutral properly is about taking these moves into consideration. Do Dhalsim or Akuma not play the neutral or are you just wanting to do le epic walk back whiff punish like Daigo? Or do you just want to admit that you're not playing the matchup and just want every character to play your way?

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Love the fact that people talk about neutral when they don't even understand counterhits, char balance etc. It's like someone talking about something so advanced and pretending they understand when they're failing comprehension of basic fg things

Ppl like you are the exact definition of clueless scrub
Sure thing.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
People complain about poke meta and zoning but they were happy to eat eight snapback loops in a row, fight fifteen Leroys a session, get hit by tracking Hellsweeps, take 80% for doing a heavy attack at the wrong time, get lamed out by Elena, and then be like "ah a true fighting game unlike MK11"

Like how the hell is a move "FU Neutral"? Playing the neutral properly is about taking these moves into consideration. Do Dhalsim or Akuma not play the neutral or are you just wanting to do le epic walk back whiff punish like Daigo? Or do you just want to admit that you're not playing the matchup and just want every character to play your way?
Yeah, like we could get hit by Cyrax resets for 80-90% on one touch in MK9, or Smoke loops, or get L3 Venom Bane drop kicked through a stage transition for 70% in IGAU, or spend 30 seconds creeping through zoning that randomly gets meterburned for OH or Low in INJ2, or basically just get 50/50'ed forever on oki in MKX, but this.. THIS is the game that triggers everyone to be toxic.

Every other fighting game is Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood and makes people good human beings.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Like watch SonicFox play Captain Cold and tell me that's not toxic gameplay.

Just because there's an ineffective, low reward strategy that low level wifi players use, doesnt mean the game is toxic. This game is way more fair than most fighting games Wifi Sub Zeroes, maybe. But maybe playing randos on the ranked system that you hate isnt the optimal way to appreciate the game. If you wanna be a big cool epic gamer, learn how to flawless block launch pokes

Literally watch any video Aris made about ranked T7 and TTT2 and you'll understand

Last edited:
Yea. It might often appear that I "rage quit", but I "time management quit" actually. ;) I just hate waiting lol.
If u see em dancin around, struttin, or doing a fataliy kinda time waster? If thats what youre talkin bout im 100% with you. Game takes long enough as it is between matches. Not trying to play netflix n chill and watch your movie. Im tryin to play the game. A time management removal is the perfect way to describe it, haha!

Like watch SonicFox play Captain Cold and tell me that's not toxic gameplay.

Just because there's an ineffective, low reward strategy that low level wifi players use, doesnt mean the game is toxic. This game is way more fair than most fighting games Wifi Sub Zeroes, maybe. But maybe playing randos on the ranked system that you hate isnt the optimal way to appreciate the game. If you wanna be a big cool epic gamer, learn how to flawless block launch pokes

Literally watch any video Aris made about ranked T7 and TTT2 and you'll understand
Qft the most fun iv had is bsing in voice chat with an mk buddy talkin junk to each other and beating eachother up. Games kinda toxic outside of people you can actually talk to and be cool with. Hitbox issues, lag, etc.. do not translate well with an opponent thats a mystery and tea bagging you.

I feel you, I had the same experience in MKX and it was too much for my heart to handle, what did happen over time is that I started meeting people in KOTH and other rooms that are fun to play with and forged a mini community where we all just play together, I personally don't play KL since I think it's turning the game into something I just can't and won't invest my time into emotionally.. it is truly horrible and no skin is worth the amount of nerves you have to take into your body when you're simply trying to enjoy the game you love to play. I am pretty sure NRS wanted us to have fun but they can't really control the nature of some toxic players. When I did play KL tho (which was in the beginning) I muted the volume to zero (after learning the hard way that free hate flows like a river during the peak of a stormy winter in that area of the game) and played some music to avoid toxicity, the beautiful thing about the virtual realm is that you can just find ways to ignore or tap-out of what doesn't fit your style and energy. and you can add people you enjoyed playing against as friends and keep going at it!

They say don't hate the player.... but he played the game! Choose to ignore the toxic ones.
Im at this point in mk11. I just dont want to play kombat league anymore. I never use anyone but shang, y get pissed and take it out on controllers when i can avoid that stress all together? Had 2 matches earlier advertised as sub 150 ms, in game was at the 200 mark. I cant react to anything with that. Why am i putting myself through something for awards thatll be drip fed through krypt events and likely all skins packed for $$ in the inevitable goty or gold edition? Its not worth the headache to keep up with it.

Mr.Khen

I am you
Im at this point in mk11. I just dont want to play kombat league anymore. I never use anyone but shang, y get pissed and take it out on controllers when i can avoid that stress all together? Had 2 matches earlier advertised as sub 150 ms, in game was at the 200 mark. I cant react to anything with that. Why am i putting myself through something for awards thatll be drip fed through krypt events and likely all skins packed for $$ in the inevitable goty or gold edition? Its not worth the headache to keep up with it.
EXACTLY FRIEND. Me too! I only played the first KL to realize that the reactions I am getting physically, sweaty hands, heart beating too fast, anger are simply not worth it and I am not bringing this into my body ever again. not with MK.
I come from an the older MK era where dlc skins were not a thing and yet the game was super fun and I played it for years, I played from MK1-MK11 and I am able to enjoy the game disregarding the cosmetic aspect of it 100%. yes it's cool, yes it's nice to have, but the requirements (KL) are taking an emotional toll and that's why I am fine with the skins I can unlock playing solo, it's amazing to be using the game as means of escapism which is what it used to be back in day rather than a chore that could ruin my day. You can live without having the "sickest skins" it's a fighting game after all and if you change your mindset just a little and approach it the "old-school" way, you might find a new way to actually enjoy it with 0 self harm

Last edited:
The tbagging and trash talk is annoying for sure.

But what takes the fun out of the game is that I hardly find 'good' matches.

I couldn't care less about gear and awards but mainly play KL cause once I'm demi/god level I get to play against the best players.
But I also need to deal with the hoard of jade/sub which is mostly frustrating.

When I do play casual what happens is:
  1. they win first match tbags and run off.
  2. they win 1-3 matches then lose once and run off.
  3. disconnect on lost.
I thought it was an Xbox thing, but with cross play psn players on causal are the pretty much the same minus the trash talk cause they can't msg...