What's new

My first game back on MK11 in about two weeks

I switched over to SFV because this game is toxic and generally not good. Been happily playing that for about two months. Got back on 11 last night for the first time in a few weeks and my first casual match was against this guy who got so triggered that I picked first round KO jacqui that he hovered over and spammed select/unselect until the last second when he sprinted over to cetrion. He jumped back and threw boulders the whole game of course. I lost the first game, he yea bagged and fatalitiy’d, then got on the mic and told me how garbage I am for like 5 min trying to waste my time in the menu screen. Wouldn’t rematch.

I hate mk11. This isn’t the experience people should have when they first get back on. No wonder nobody likes this game because it’s filled with toxic 12 year olds that just want to be angry.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Similar feelings and experiences. I deleted the game yesterday (after a long break - completely missed joker even though I had the KP1 ordered already lol) after a single set. Same bullshit lol.

SFV has been kind of fun (Gill is awesome). I also play 3S and have taken a break from fighters in general to also play games like Doom Eternal.

Not much has changed with MK11 since I last picked it up and I suspect not much else will.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
As has been suggested many times in the past: try and play people from this website. Won't have such issues.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
I'm sticking with MK 11, but I got zero problem in stating I think its a game that you have to actively force yourself to "enjoy", its so antagonist, un-congratulatory, and mean-spirited by design (from toxicity to stuff like Point Decay and store behaviour) that it sometimes feels like the game is working against your efforts to simply enjoy yourself when fighting people, and walk away satisfied that you "had a great time".

A lot of fighters can feel this way, nature of the genre, but MK 11 has a different level of "spite" in it online play - both in players you come across (shittalkers, t-bagging, time wasters, ragequitters) and the general format of online play design. (KL, Wi-Fi, Point Decay, locked rewards).

Genuine question: Whether you agree or disagree with me is fine, not trying to argue here... But, who sits at a game design roundtable and says "And if our playerbase take a few days off, we should punish them" and everyone else goes "That's a good call."?

Last edited:
This can't be the only game you guys have played online. There are plenty of games with WAY higher "toxicity". You guys have the wrong attitude when it comes to this. If you don't like the game, say that. If you don't like the game solely bc of tea bagging, hate mail, etc., you will be searching for a game without this for a very long time.

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
stopped playing this game for months now. just hate the character designs (50/50 chars with good zoning, Zoners with teleport, f*ck neutral moves, FB's etc) too much BS that makes you rage. i must say i'm feeling much better now, the only game that made me more rage is FIFA. glad i stopped playing this crap for years now.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Every time I read threads like this it really indicates one of two things: either people are really sensitive or they don't play other games cause the childish things being discussed for why they "hate the game" are things common in most online competitive games. Also what is being described has nothing to do with the game and has everything to do with your opponent. People should just state they don't like the game instead of coming up with the most contrived reasons that objectively have nothing to do with the quality of the game.

How does the 'general gameplay' promote toxicity? :coffee:
With all the reaching everyone does, I'm surprised they can even play video games. I'd like to know as well lol.

Unbalanced characters
lol

Poke meta that is still present
In one thread your complaining about pokes being too strong. In another thread you're asking for a MASSIVE buffs to pokes that would severely nerf any character without a good mid:

Also, lets make throws not eat pokes, at least d3's and d4's.
Like pokes are too strong but god forbid you get thrown because you're mashing d3 when you're negative 4 on block (throws don't eat pokes. The term is "counter hit". You're getting counter hit, because frame data.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I switched over to SFV because this game is toxic and generally not good. Been happily playing that for about two months. Got back on 11 last night for the first time in a few weeks and my first casual match was against this guy who got so triggered that I picked first round KO jacqui that he hovered over and spammed select/unselect until the last second when he sprinted over to cetrion. He jumped back and threw boulders the whole game of course. I lost the first game, he yea bagged and fatalitiy’d, then got on the mic and told me how garbage I am for like 5 min trying to waste my time in the menu screen. Wouldn’t rematch.

I hate mk11. This isn’t the experience people should have when they first get back on. No wonder nobody likes this game because it’s filled with toxic 12 year olds that just want to be angry.
I see you're new to the interwebz

Toxicity is literally present in any video game that allows you to play other people competitively, 2K, Madden, LoL, Smite, COD, etc. All you can really do is practice and lab to get better so you don't lose to scrubs who try to spam the same move over and over again. They can teabag all they want, but if you end up winning, who cares.

Also, you have to look at it from their perspective. If talking trash and teabagging is making you angry, it's probably affecting your gameplay and would make you do things you wouldn't normally do. Trash talk can be a strategy.

Long story short, get better, try to enjoy the grind of getting better and learn from your losses.