What's new

Match-up Discussion My Final Judgment on Sonya vs. Kitana

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
No I'm not. Majority of Sonya's still think she goes even with noob, sindel, cage, sub, smoke, sektor, Shang but I admit she beats them
She does go even with Noob Saibot. Unless I have armor, I feel I have to make a lot of wild guesses in that match-up. What are you talking about?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So the fact that one mistake against a specific character can put you on the edge of losing a round doesn't affect their placement on the tier lists?

I already told you, if it weren't for those resets, Sonya would indeed be Top 5. Highest I can see her at is #6. We already know my other three in my personal Top 5 would be Kabal, Kenshi, and Freddy for obvious reasons. If I were truly downplaying, I'd have Sonya vs. Kitana at 6-4 Kitana instead of 5-5 like how I do, because I know the advantages that both these characters have against one another.
Sonya either beats all top tiers or goes 5/5 and 4-6 w kabal

Yep probably not top tier

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
My honest opinion is Sonya's tier placement is a solid 6th place. I don't see how anyone can make a good argument that Kabal, Kenshi, Freddy, Cyrax, Smoke are not in front of her. I put her at 6th to see less tears but the truth is Kitana might be slightly better than her so its a close battle.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Dude you also think Sonya is even with Shang and smoke
Admittedly, I don't have much knowledge on Shang, so I'm just keeping it at 5-5 until I explore the match-up better - if I do, that is.

With Smoke...that should be obvious. One mistake and it costs you. Smoke Bomb checks your movement. Up-close, then yes, Smoke has no fuckin' chance in Hell, but people do underrate his Smoke Towards/Away.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Admittedly, I don't have much knowledge on Shang, so I'm just keeping it at 5-5 until I explore the match-up better - if I do, that is.

With Smoke...that should be obvious. One mistake and it costs you. Smoke Bomb checks your movement. Up-close, then yes, Smoke has no fuckin' chance in Hell, but people do underrate his Smoke Towards/Away.
What smokes r u playing

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

i used to think shang vs sonya was 5-5 also, but i learned that mu and its definitely in sonya's favor.

and sonya WITHOUT A DOUBT beats smoke. xSmokex and wafflez despise that MU

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
i used to think shang vs sonya was 5-5 also, but i learned that mu and its definitely in sonya's favor.

and sonya WITHOUT A DOUBT beats smoke. xSmokex and wafflez despise that MU
I've seen this match far to many times between morty and detroit to say its in sonyas favor. They go back and forth so much with detroit winning slightly more. 5-5..

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I like how some people screamed that I'm a top Sonya player yet they don't take my input seriously. -___-

Make up your minds already.

All our experiences against some characters are going to differ from that of other players. So yes, there will be conflicts in match-up charts.