What's new

Match-up Discussion My Cyrax Matchup Chart, I expect a lot of criticism =)

Maxter

Noob
Nets are way better for dreaming than knees.
Lol i know dizzy =). man we really need to play the cage cyrax matchup for a couple of hours, this will really convince me who is in advantage, for some reason i'm afraid of approaching any cages with cyrax lately, i need to play the best cage player for this, once we train enough i won't fear any cages with cyrax again =)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Once you come to NYC i'll show you how good cyrax can do against a patient cage, remember i used both chars and fight both matchups constantly, once cage is in cyrax may die, it takes only one knee and a drem of block strings.
Im staying at Riu's on Sun after NEC. We should kick it on Monday, I wont leave till 7:00pm

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
vs Jax 4-6 he abuses cyrax big hitbox with f413 and outzones him, credentials CD Jr
Wait I'm confused on this one..

1) why do people keep calling Jax a bad matchup for themselves for things he does on everyone except low hitbox characters? Again, this is like saying Kung Lao is a bad matchup for me because teleport 3 doesn't whiff on my character's hitbox..

2) Brady says Cyrax is LOW hitbox?! Or is that him just trying to perpetuate excuses to hide his deep hatred for Cyrax's still existing resets over Sub's patched out resets? :p

REO

Undead
REO, I'm sure the entire community would LOVE to see what you could do with any character other than Kabal. Take a break from Kabal and pick up someone new and put every ounce of effort into them as you did with Kabal. I have no doubt you'd find all types of hidden potential in every single character.
I only play the best character (look at any video footage of me for any MK game). I'm sorry, but unless Kabal gets nerfed or some insane new tech gets discovered in the future that puts another character above him, I can't use anyone else.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Cyrax made me wanna quit this game almost immediately after I got eliminated at dallas when I had a high chance of making top 8 :c

On topic tho I agree with this chart nearly 100% except I think cage vs cyrax is 5-5. Once cage gets in cyrax is done but if you can't get past those bombs and nets then cage is done. Like dizzy said too, nets are way better for dreaming than a knee :)

Maxter

Noob
Wait I'm confused on this one..

1) why do people keep calling Jax a bad matchup for themselves for things he does on everyone except low hitbox characters? Again, this is like saying Kung Lao is a bad matchup for me because teleport 3 doesn't whiff on my character's hitbox..

2) Brady says Cyrax is LOW hitbox?! Or is that him just trying to perpetuate excuses to hide his deep hatred for Cyrax's still existing resets over Sub's patched out resets? :p
Cyrax is medium big hitbox, you can test with jax on practice mode with his f413 string, maybe tom brady is saying this unconsciously

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Cyrax vs Cage is 6-4.

Cyrax vs Jax is 4-6, potentially 5-5 but I need to do some more testing. I think I found a way to get through his zoning, the big issue in the match is his 8 frame F4.

Cyrax vs Sektor is 5-5, if not 6-4 in favor of Cyrax.

Cyrax vs Smoke is 5-5.

Cyrax vs Sonya is 5-5, if not 4-6.

*Also, I just realized this is yet another match-up chart with no argument behind it... lol

Info people info! Have we not learned from my match-up chart yet? :)

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/cyrax-match-up-chart-guide-by-krayzie.23689/

Cyrax made me wanna quit this game almost immediately after I got eliminated at dallas when I had a high chance of making top 8 :c

On topic tho I agree with this chart nearly 100% except I think cage vs cyrax is 5-5. Once cage gets in cyrax is done but if you can't get past those bombs and nets then cage is done. Like dizzy said too, nets are way better for dreaming than a knee :)
KABAL!

Also, that knee gets D1 ExRagdoll... :D

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
i actually though about this for a little while but now i think i have some safer ways of escaping pressure and AAing
The reason people feel Cyrax loses the match is because of his low hitbox, but ducking in this game is very unexplored. People need to start whiff punishing more.

Sektor also has no way out of the corner against Cyrax.

None of my other characters aside from Kabal are worth using for conclusion in match-ups because I don't put 1/10th of the effort I do with Kabal. Man, sometimes I wish NRS would just nerf Kabal already so I can move onto the next character and show people what true potential lies within.
Dude put a nail in it. How about you go dark side and hunt down all your Kabal offspring. You put him way up there now go crash their world and rape them. Nothing is more hype than the Kabal master owning all the Kabal's without using Kabal.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
that shit is so fucking stupid

LBSH, that tech alone makes this 6-4 Cyrax
I mean, its not terrible. Its more along the lines of an even match, but if any of these characters had a slight advantage, it would definitely not be Sektor.

I asked Gross what he thought about the match, and he gave me the same answer every other person has. Nobody knows how to properly approach the character.

LEGEND

YES!
I mean, its not terrible. Its more along the lines of an even match, but if any of these characters had a slight advantage, it would definitely not be Sektor.

I asked Gross what he thought about the match, and he gave me the same answer every other person has. Nobody knows how to properly approach the character.
the Rage of being hit once while in the corner and not getting out for the rest of the match is unparalleled lol

Joking aside, its 5-5 until new things are brought to light

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I only play the best character (look at any video footage of me for any MK game). I'm sorry, but unless Kabal gets nerfed or some insane new tech gets discovered in the future that puts another character above him, I can't use anyone else.
That's too bad.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Hey Maxter I agree that Cyrax beats Shang but I think that it is only 4-6. Cyrax has to be careful throwing out bombs and nets and his hitbox gives Shang more ways to pressure him, and Cyrax is not particularly good at getting out of pressure.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Does anyone have any match footage of this corner-owning vs Sektor? I'm not trying to put Krayzie or anyone on blast, I just like seeing practical application of theory fighting to make up my mind on how I feel about the MU.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Hey Maxter I agree that Cyrax beats Shang but I think that it is only 4-6. Cyrax has to be careful throwing out bombs and nets and his hitbox gives Shang more ways to pressure him, and Cyrax is not particularly good at getting out of pressure.
I agree with it being 6-4.

Just one thing... Cyrax is pretty good at getting out of pressure by using D1 into ExRagdoll, and then you have to deal with nets.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Does anyone have any match footage of this corner-owning vs Sektor? I'm not trying to put Krayzie or anyone on blast, I just like seeing practical application of theory fighting to make up my mind on how I feel about the MU.
I actually posted this a few months ago and some dude started arguing with me about why I would splat with jump punch as if that had anything to do with the info in the footage... lol

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/safeties-disabled-krayzie-mode-engaged.15147/

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I agree with it being 6-4.

Just one thing... Cyrax is pretty good at getting out of pressure by using D1 into ExRagdoll, and then you have to deal with nets.
I agree. What I mean is that he doesn't any beastly ways out of it such as a 7 frame launcher, a EX Dash/Cartwheel or an invincible move.

LEGEND

YES!
I've tried this and had some failures, check out around 7:00:

Maybe I messed up somehow, but this trap doesn't seem 100% guaranteed in application.
i assume you missed the option Select input for teleport. Whether it was miss timed or incorrectly input is impossible to tell since it wasn't in training mode

has this happened more than once?

Maxter

Noob
I actually posted this a few months ago and some dude started arguing with me about why I would splat with jump punch as if that had anything to do with the info in the footage... lol

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/safeties-disabled-krayzie-mode-engaged.15147/

No offense krayzie this is my match up chart and i take questions and critics from the forums members who are interested on it. don't come to my thread changing my matchup chart, you already had your own thread, let me get the questions and answers here. I waited too long to make this thread and waited for the game to fully develop.
About smoke, come fight the lamest of them in NY no money match involved i will only pay you money if you win against kt or CD Jr, i'll force CD jr to main that char like he used to, I promise he will rape any cyraxes out there including mine with that char.
that you say about sektor makes no sense at all, sektor got good pokes, even tho d1 on hit is -8 cancelling into flamer is a winner he has a good d4 and fast advancing moves to fight cyrax while cornered, and last resort is an instant ex tu, that video is just a setup on practice mode and its mostly guess and even tho is not, you gotta get him into this setup first, the setup migth be affected by the opponent rolling or not, he can still break the combos and get out just in case if he needs to, sektor can lock down cyrax better in the corner than what cyrax can, i play sektor just in case and we have 3 of the best cyraxes in the country in New york. just because you beat a sektor player in your area doesn't mean that cyrax is in advantage, it might be that you are the better player, there is something called fundamentals you know, and those are that win matchups no tier list. Doing these setups on sektor is the same as going for a 100% damage reset which might never occur on a real match.
Sonya is still in her favor if you beat one in your area doesnt mean is not, The majority of cyrax players will vote on sonya's favor on this match.
That all i gotta say, much love krayzie <3 but hey!!!! GRRRRRR get out of my thread =)