What's new

Match-up Discussion My Cyrax Matchup Chart, I expect a lot of criticism =)

Maxter

Noob
I havent fought Maxters Cyrax or any Cyrax at my current level of Sub. it is possibly 6-4. however, Sub has ZERO margin of error and Cyrax has a big one.

maybe if cyrax command grab was 0 and didnt loop, the resets wouldnt seem so bad by themselves.
Dude he needs his 2 frame techable command grab and enough stagger for a bomb loop =) He Needz it =)

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I'll say that in every single thread : top tier is just the reflect of what we see in a major : many kabal, many kunglao, many cyrax. The other argument people can say to defend their own char is only dust.

1- kabal

2 - kunglao

3- cyrax (good wake up, good zoning, and best combos of the game).

4- kenshi

5- sonya

We see those char a lot at every tournaments. They are overused, except maybe Kenshi because DLCs, but the few playing him have pretty good result (exit the team fight exhibition at mlg).

That's my opinion and probably the entire mk9 kommunauty opinion indirectly. Just watch online, offline or tournament or whatever. How many shit tier are played ? How many top S ? The average stats over a character used (sorry bout my english, hope you understood xD)just show us what is the real tier list because most of people know who sucks ad who doesn't.

Lulzlou

Noob
I agree with 7-3 kabal
I never fought a high level Cyrax/Cyblax offline but I can see all the problems Cyrax has. I do hope we can get some games in at NEC Maxter

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Maxter When we've played Mileena Cyrax, do you believe I'm playing the MU right? I agree entirely with 5-5 with Cyrax, at full screen Cyrax really doesn't have any options, but mid to close is when it gets scary

Maxter

Noob
Maxter When we've played Mileena Cyrax, do you believe I'm playing the MU right? I agree entirely with 5-5 with Cyrax, at full screen Cyrax really doesn't have any options, but mid to close is when it gets scary
You could play it better, i could enlighten you on the matchup once we play again.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I agree with 7-3 kabal
I never fought a high level Cyrax/Cyblax offline but I can see all the problems Cyrax has. I do hope we can get some games in at NEC Maxter
We have to play this matchup. I still think its a 6-4. And that's after countless hours of cat and mouse with reo.

I'll go over the rest of the matchups when I get home

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

B W1zZ

Noob
Damn raiden 3-7 cyrax? I think this is arguably 4-6 only because of his up close frame traps and resets but probably closer to being 5-5. Cyrax can pressure with bombs all over the screen if Raiden lets him, Raiden can actually superman the bombs on reaction.

Maxter

Noob
Damn raiden 3-7 cyrax? I think this is arguably 4-6 only because of his up close frame traps and resets but probably closer to being 5-5. Cyrax can pressure with bombs all over the screen if Raiden lets him, Raiden can actually superman the bombs on reaction.
Its tough bwizz, bombs recover too quick with cyborg, only at midrange they can be punished by superman, if superman startup was 8 frames like it used to be it would change a lot, i feel raiden was the most unnecessarily nerfed character, this matchup used to be closed before he got that wave of nerfs.

Maxter

Noob
Cyrax doesn't beat Kenshi or Kung Lao.
I agree that cyrax and Lao is even, but i really need to fight more kenshies you have a pretty good kenshi Rejo once we get together lets fight that match a lot and lets come to a conclusion.

B W1zZ

Noob
Its tough bwizz, bombs recover too quick with cyborg, only at midrange they can be punished by superman, if superman startup was 8 frames like it used to be it would change a lot, i feel raiden was the most unnecessarily nerfed character, this matchup used to be closed before he got that wave of nerfs.
I still feel this matchup is manageable for Raiden...saying it's 7-3 would be the equivalent of Raiden going against Sonya and in my opinion there is no way in hell it is that bad.

Lulzlou

Noob
We have to play this matchup. I still think its a 6-4. And that's after countless hours of cat and mouse with reo.

I'll go over the rest of the matchups when I get home

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2
I'm down for games at NEC. I doubt you wanna play online lol

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Jade 6 - 4 Cyrax

Cyrax is at obvious disadvantage here. Cyrax's distance game is void against Jade: furthermore he gets punished full screen for trying bombs or net, as well as if he teleports he eats a full combo. By the time he gets in, Jade has at least one bar of meter. Not that she needs it, her upclose tools are more than enough to send Cyrax right back out or even deal 35-42% damage to him. His only hope is selling his resets on Jade, which is clearly not as easy a task as it is on people who don't have the luxury of not having to fear any of his ranged tools. Even so, dealing 60% damage to Jade is just ensuring that the next time there is a close clash, she'll just glow through everything and take the remaining hp Cyrax has in a single combo.

Maxter

Noob
I still feel this matchup is manageable for Raiden...saying it's 7-3 would be the equivalent of Raiden going against Sonya and in my opinion there is no way in hell it is that bad.
I changed it to 6-4 cyrax bwizz, i really need to fight more raidens to really tell, maybe is not 7-3 like you say

Maxter

Noob
I'm down for games at NEC. I doubt you wanna play online lol
i'll start playing online soon to boost my focus and reaction, after playing online for a long time, offline feels easy mode to react to anything, its good to play online for a while then drop online and readapt to offline, your brain cells develop more when they are challenged =)

REO

Undead
I agree that cyrax and Lao is even, but i really need to fight more kenshies you have a pretty good kenshi Rejo once we get together lets fight that match a lot and lets come to a conclusion.
None of my other characters aside from Kabal are worth using for conclusion in match-ups because I don't put 1/10th of the effort I do with Kabal. Man, sometimes I wish NRS would just nerf Kabal already so I can move onto the next character and show people what true potential lies within.

Maxter

Noob
Jade 6 - 4 Cyrax

Cyrax is at obvious disadvantage here. Cyrax's distance game is void against Jade: furthermore he gets punished full screen for trying bombs or net, as well as if he teleports he eats a full combo. By the time he gets in, Jade has at least one bar of meter. Not that she needs it, her upclose tools are more than enough to send Cyrax right back out or even deal 35-42% damage to him. His only hope is selling his resets on Jade, which is clearly not as easy a task as it is on people who don't have the luxury of not having to fear any of his ranged tools. Even so, dealing 60% damage to Jade is just ensuring that the next time there is a close clash, she'll just glow through everything and take the remaining hp Cyrax has in a single combo.
I really need more experience on this matchup glortor, but i dont think jades beats cyrax 6-4, i just don't play bombs and net games, i go mid range and make my opponents guess my next move, i wont be trading with jade cause i know she wins i'll just go physical with her.

Maxter

Noob
None of my other characters aside from Kabal are worth using for conclusion in match-ups because I don't put 1/10th of the effort I do with Kabal. Man, sometimes I wish NRS would just nerf Kabal already so I can move onto the next character and show people what true potential lies within.
LMFAO Rejo, such a troll =) I just want NRS to nerf kabal so you play more chars at the highest level and give me more knowledge, not really cause you rape me with kabal, i understand your point, why would you invest more time on other chars when you have the kabal sensation, maybe i should join the kabal army one day.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I really need more experience on this matchup glortor, but i dont think jades beats cyrax 6-4, i just don't play bombs and net games, i go mid range and make my opponents guess my next move, i wont be trading with jade cause i know she wins i'll just go physical with her.
I really need to try and get an american copy of this game so I can play with you top players here. I feel that the community vastly underestimates Jade.

Lulzlou

Noob
i'll start playing online soon to boost my focus and reaction, after playing online for a long time, offline feels easy mode to react to anything, its good to play online for a while then drop online and readapt to offline, your brain cells develop more when they are challenged =)
I have to agree with the reacting part. Online has helped me out with it. Its funny too because people thought I only won because of online. I guess people didn't expect me to level up like I did. My reactions combined with ex dash/flash parries has been a big part of my success so far. My performance at dallas was alright but I'll be 100% ready for NEC.

I only play online when I have my ps3 on a wired connection. Around 11:30pm-12am is when I can get it wired and play all night.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
REO, I'm sure the entire community would LOVE to see what you could do with any character other than Kabal. Take a break from Kabal and pick up someone new and put every ounce of effort into them as you did with Kabal. I have no doubt you'd find all types of hidden potential in every single character.

B W1zZ

Noob
I changed it to 6-4 cyrax bwizz, i really need to fight more raidens to really tell, maybe is not 7-3 like you say
I'm just judging off of playing you (just that tourney match, a few things i should have switched up), Denzell, Krayzie, and Gross. If Raiden knows the matchup he can really make it a pain in the ass for the Cyrax player. If Cyrax is getting too predictable with his bombs its not hard to catch onto or predict a pattern and superman on read...as far as supermanning bombs on reaction i need more practice. Also 212 can be teleported out of, I did this excessively against gross and beat his cyrax in a casual FT3. I was burning way too much meter against you trying to fish for openings with en tele when it clearly wasn't working.

LEGEND

YES!
vs Sektor 4-6 Sektor shuts down cyrax abilities with instant TU and his footsie gam eis way better than cyrax at mid range, cyrax can do Nets on this matchups for sure and sektor low hitbox make the command grab whiff on duck block most of the time.
Krayzie Has ways of pressuring Sektor and Nets and bomb are not punishable when used in footsies just outside sweep range. Sektor has to take risks to close out matches and thats where Cyrax's damage evens things out

Krayzie