What's new

Match-up Discussion My Black Adam Matchup Chart ( Version 1.07 )

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
then provide proof. This is a discussion.
Damage output is actually in Grundy's favor. Grundy's oki basically shuts down anything Adam can do on wake up. The ungrabable strings help him but it's still hard to deal with if they cancel it. You can keep him out, but if he happens to get in you're probably eating 60%. He can corpse walk through dive kicks. I really don't see how you can call it more than a 6-4.

looking for things to punish is how matchups are played, welcome to fighting games 101. And Rico hasn't got batgirl experience.

So you're saying he knows to pushblock the jump setup after B2D3 but doesn't have BG experience?

Rico and Jailhouse both go to next level. Mike Infinite also plays Batgirl and goes there too. I'm not actually sure where SonicFox is from, I think Philly.

Anywho, Rico's main game is Injustice, to think he doesn't have BG experience when she was the most dangerous DLC character allowed at EVO is probably a mistake.

Yeah, he made some mistakes tossing out lightning and black magics, but it also hit a few times too.

I'll have my buddy run a lot of BA-BG with me this week.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
lol don't expect Bane to go untouched in a giant patch.

they nerfed Jade .... they'll nerf anyone.
I never expect Bane to go untouched, but I do expect him to go un-nerfed.

Theres three truths to this world:
It will always be one of Dictators
No one ever expects the Luthor Inquisition
Bane gets buffed in every patch

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I never expect Bane to go untouched, but I do expect him to go un-nerfed.

Theres three truths to this world:
It will always be one of Dictators
No one ever expects the Luthor Inquisition
Bane gets buffed in every patch
lol

you should go read up on MKs patch list then

Your mind will explode

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Adam-Hawkgirl is not 6-4.. its 5-5. Very fair MU. Dont see what can make it 6-4
his fullscreen options are worthless against her, she has tech that blows up wakeup lightning cage and jazz hands (df1). We can d2 dives and beat them clean, or just block and punish. We can also d2 his jump 2 everytime.
HG's one of the few characters that can actually catch this asshole's backdash with MC and WE3, not to mention that his only way to get us out of the air is to jump and use an air normal.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I was unaware that was a qualification for understanding the WW MU. My bad lemme just leave this discussion. #kappa #beastcity #iammuffinmuggers
hes the best WW, noone is near him in terms of knowledge and application with that char

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
hes the best WW, noone is near him in terms of knowledge and application with that char
So if you haven't played him you don't know anything about WW? I understand how good he is with the character, however just because I haven't faced his WW doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion about the MU based off of what I know about the characters and my exp in the MU.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ergo, if you haven't played him you don't know anything about WW? I understand how good he is with the character, however just because I haven't faced his WW doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion about the MU based off of what I know about the characters and my exp in the MU.
i didnt say you couldnt, I was explaining why that opinion could be wrong.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
a few months ago, yes i believed it was 8-2. now i've learned more of the game in general i believe it's still bad, but not 8-2 bad.

i still think it's about 7-3 though.
I still feel like its 8-2 bad, namely because we lack a solid punish for his dive kick, even now. Its hard to approach, and that backdash *_*

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
I still feel like its 8-2 bad, namely because we lack a solid punish for his dive kick, even now. Its hard to approach, and that backdash *_*
the only thing that makes me hesitant to judge it fully is because the only serious MU experience i have against BA is online, and you have to take tht with a pinch of salt. :p

Damage output is actually in Grundy's favor. Grundy's oki basically shuts down anything Adam can do on wake up. The ungrabable strings help him but it's still hard to deal with if they cancel it. You can keep him out, but if he happens to get in you're probably eating 60%. He can corpse walk through dive kicks. I really don't see how you can call it more than a 6-4.
When I struggle the most is against adam's that want to run the whole time. Dive kicking past me to avoid me. I've also found plenty of times where I WCC a dive kick and still don't get a punish on him. I don't think its 8-2 but a lot of grundy's do. I'm more inclined to think its 7-3 its not quite a 6-4. Before the dive kick nerf it was way worse now grundy can at least full combo punish a bad dive kick.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Also, this match up is 5-5. I play Godspeed and Smarr all the time. The mobility is the only thing that gives Adam an advantage.
and I play metzos offline. I've made several arguments as to why DD loses and have said several times to provide points for yours.