What's new

Match-up Discussion My Black Adam Matchup Chart ( Version 1.07 )

Wanted to finally make a matchup chart for BA. This is my MU chart for this state of the game before the big patch.

Bane 8-2
Grundy 8-2
Harley Quinn 7-3
Joker 7-3
Shazam 7-3
Lobo 7-3
Doomsday 7-3
Green Arrow 7-3
Lex 6-4
Aquaman 6-4
Hawkgirl 6-4
Catwoman 6-4
Flash 6-4
Deathstroke 6-4
Nightwing 6-4
Raven 6-4
Scorpion 6-4
Batgirl 6-4
Ares 6-4
Superman 5-5
Green Lantern 5-5
Sinestro 5-5
Zod 5-5
Batman 5-5 possible 4-6 in the future
Wonder Woman 4-6
Cyborg 4-6

These are my numbers, feel free to ask if you want to know why a certain number is like that and discuss. If you want to argue please provide points to argue and not " lol this is so wrong". Thank you.

i feel that mmh is a possibly 4-6, he can anti-air ba on reaction easy with db2ex, he can jump and full punish bmagik and lightning, and standing 2 with trait trumps b2 and mmh has better mixups... also db2 has faster startup so he outzones ba

i feel ares is a definite 7-3, ba demolishes his trait from full screen, ares cant tele bmagik on reaction or lightning and ba has a 10 frame mid punisher and 6 frame jab...

i feel he beats sinestro 6-4, he can counter-zone and get around zoning fine in this fight and hes ba after all

flash could be even or worst

GGA Max

bane can't do anything, badam has a phenomenal jump arc to deal with head butt, ex lightning crushes venom and badam is 10 times more mobile and has 10 times better footsies and 8 million frame traps.
So I'm not gunna sit here and theory fight. If you are on psn we can test it out.

So I'm not gunna sit here and theory fight. If you are on psn we can test it out.

xbox, and playing the matchup with someone doesn't necessarily credit the matchup, we are talking highest level of play, even at tournaments that isn't occuring not yet, and even 2 years in not every person plays every matchup perfectly

One more thing to add because you're obviously not understanding my point with MB divekick. Divekick will be done to punish your projectiles on reaction. No, you won't have time to block, move and much less to air to air.

I'm just gonna call BS on this for good. The frame data doesn't support it, nor does high level play that I've posted. I really don't care if you can do it in training mode when you're clearly actively looking for it. Reaction time is a thing.

Black Magic is even SLOWER, so your reactions have to be sub 8 frames...

I also posted a match of a good Batgirl and the best BA in the country, and he didn't do it once. She was effectively zoning him out with projectiles and gaining meter.

Also, you can't use knockdown corner crossups on Batgirl, because if she wakes up w/ cartwheel, it comes out as flying bat and vice versa. Superman can't do it either.

well i haven't used batgirl basically since phil's charity stream lol but i dont remember the black adam matchup being disadvantaged for her, felt pretty fair iirc.

cyborg black adam is definitely 5-5. he cant do anything until he guesses your patterns correctly and lands an ex divekick to combo you. full screen cyborg wins the trade war with the black magic for the most part/cyborg definitely has a lot more options to mix up full screen patterns in comparison to black adam. black adam has to eventually get in there. if the black adam player isnt baiting the grapple out of the corner by jumping back and pressing 1/2 its going to be really tough for black adam to win
ive played this matchup A LOT with dragongod/rico/smarr/random online people
cyborg imo at least goes even with every charcater that has an obvious frontal approach because you basically know exactly where theyre going to be so you can put your fireballs in the right places (doesnt have some obnoxious full screen armor move/teleport like catwoman/ares/scorpion)

zod also 5-5

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm just gonna call BS on this for good. The frame data doesn't support it, nor does high level play that I've posted. I really don't care if you can do it in training mode when you're clearly actively looking for it. Reaction time is a thing.

Black Magic is even SLOWER, so your reactions have to be sub 8 frames...

I also posted a match of a good Batgirl and the best BA in the country, and he didn't do it once. She was effectively zoning him out with projectiles and gaining meter.

Also, you can't use knockdown corner crossups on Batgirl, because if she wakes up w/ cartwheel, it comes out as flying bat and vice versa. Superman can't do it either.
looking for things to punish is how matchups are played, welcome to fighting games 101. And Rico hasn't got batgirl experience.