What's new

My #1 idea to improve MKX Online Experience. Thoughts?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Why would NRS do it though? It wouldnt make them any money, it wouldn't really affect that many people. I don't see the incentive.
Because they're putting up $100,000 dollars and want the best possible results and outcome from these events instead of lag tactics and Taco Bell wireless internet ruining the experience for others perhaps?

You're smarter than this

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Why would NRS do it though? It wouldnt make them any money, it wouldn't really affect that many people. I don't see the incentive.
Have you ever driven a car ?

Have you ever been on a Highway?

You ever see those signs that say minimum speed 40 mph?

Yea....

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Because they're putting up $100,000 dollars and want the best possible results and outcome from these events instead of lag tactics and Taco Bell wireless internet ruining the experience for others perhaps?

You're smarter than this
My point is that this would take time and money to implement, and I dont see why they would use those resources on something that a very very small portion of their playerbase would use.

You might have a case if those bad connections were winning ESL but they arent. It is almost always the same people so why would they feel forced to make this change? Online tournaments have lots of problems one of them being people's connections. They have no reason to see this as a big issue unless they start getting much less ESL participants/views. If that is already happening then they might be willing to do something but until then I wouldnt hold your breath.

Have you ever driven a car ?

Have you ever been on a Highway?

You ever see those signs that say minimum speed 40 mph?

Yea....
You apparently didn't read the end of my post. I get the idea and personally have no problem with it. I am merely pointing out the reasons why they might be hesitant to implement it. From NRS point of view this sounds like a bad business move. If they do it then great, but I just don't see it happening.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Bo Rai Cho made it into this game and Kenshi is still ass. Come now Pig-Sama you know damn well dreams don't come true.

#LORD SPAWN:DOGE

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Obviously the lowest connection is going to be a bottleneck. We both have decent connection speeds is my point. Or are you saying you need above 50mb u/d?
From my experience playing online, I have not had much trouble with the connections, even with yellow bar connections. Sure the yellow bar connections are not ideal, but they are playable for me. The green bar connections feel almost like offline. Obviously, ping plays a huge role in your experience, even with green bar connections. Check your ping and see if that may be the problem. In all honesty, your connection speed that you listed is very good for online gaming.