What's new

My #1 idea to improve MKX Online Experience. Thoughts?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What really needs to happen is NRS needs to step up in this department
@tylerlansdown @colt

There needs to be a tournament mode online added. It would only allow people to enter tournament mode w a detected wired Xbox/ps4 connection and a required threshold ping/download/upload and this check occurs throughout the user's online stint.

If for any reason a sister, brother , etc turns on Netflix and pulls the connection down then tournament mode instantly kicks you off w a penalty timeout before trying to get back in tournament mode.

There needs to be a strong foundation put in place to prohibit people getting away w dumpster connections and NRS, while hoping they're finally improving net code, can eliminate 95% of the issues in the meantime just by implementing a mode such as this.

People w crap connections and wireless can play each other in the regular mode but people who can access tournament mode play people w wired confirmed connections and great internet

Thoughts? Does this make You nervous reading this ?

E

Eldriken

I don't know how they would be able to determine that they're using a wired connection. IF they based it on their download/upload/ping, they would have to set the bar pretty high because some WiFi connections do allow for rather fast download speeds. What would the threshold for that be?

TwiztidOne

I don't know who that is...
I think this would be a great idea, but I dunno it scares me ): I know my Internet isn't that good lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I don't know how they would be able to determine that they're using a wired connection. IF they based it on their download/upload/ping, they would have to set the bar pretty high because some WiFi connections do allow for rather fast download speeds. What would the threshold for that be?
They can because each system itself can

Gamer68

Fujin!
That would be fine. Or how about this: Allow players to choose "Only Wired Connections" / "Only Low Ping Connections" for all modes. But you can still play without those settings if you want too.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)

aka: I support this idea. I think that this would be a great feature for a future fighting game.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
They need to step it up. My connection is fairly decent. Why is it I never lag in KI? My games are never ruined in COD, Halo, BF4 etc... I can't do a single shatter combo in MKX online. They should have an option where you can set your minimum threshold requirements, matching you up only with people who meet said requirements.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
@tylerlansdown @colt

There needs to be a tournament mode online added. It would only allow people to enter tournament mode w a detected wired Xbox/ps4 connection and a required threshold ping/download/upload and this check occurs throughout the user's online stint.

If for any reason a sister, brother , etc turns on Netflix and pulls the connection down then tournament mode instantly kicks you off w a penalty timeout before trying to get back in tournament mode.

There needs to be a strong foundation put in place to prohibit people getting away w dumpster connections and NRS, while hoping they're finally improving net code, can eliminate 95% of the issues in the meantime just by implementing a mode such as this.

People w crap connections and wireless can play each other in the regular mode but people who can access tournament mode play people w wired confirmed connections and great internet

How about switching engines and creating a few stages that have less going on in the back ground?

that would be awesome, im still learning and being able to do stuff offline in practice and then getting completely wrecked online with the delay isnt fun. Btw nice tourney stream last night, that dudes hat trick kung lao was pretty sweet.

@tylerlansdown @colt

I can't think of a better solution I mean there isn't a better one at least for now