What's new

MTH's GL Matchup Chart

E

Eldriken

Yeah you said its a problem if they do MB F3 on wakeup, but not after shoulder.
Possibly. I haven't played a good Green Lantern in a while, so I don't remember. That doesn't change a whole lot as there are other characters who can do the same.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I agree with 4-6 GL/Raven on most stages, but on certain stages that Raven can win the stage select, it is a very very hard 4/6 or probably 3/7.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Sorry for the late response, haven't had much time this weekend.

For Shazam:

Shazam's Teleport not allows him to complete avoid the setup after Trait Lift.
GL and Shazam actually go even in footsies, with Shazam's B23 (the shoulder string that makes him airborne) going over B1 as well as catching jump back air Oa's Rocket
Shazam does slightly more damage for a 1 bar Bnb, and has better setups of a knockdown
GL's horrible backdash combined with Shazam's good foward dash doesn't build enough space to zone for long
While a little tricky, both air and ground Oa's rocket can be forward teleported

This is not to say that the Shazam player and the GL player put in an equal amount of effort in the matchup. Obviously, the GL is running away, zoning, and shutting down jumping with Lift. But a Shazam player that bulldogs his opponent and never lets them breathe (@Digit ) can keep up with any GL player.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
For WW:

Due to WW's lack of good projectiles, GL can sit back and play the lame game without any real risks taken
GL B1 beats every single poke WW has
Even GL's bad backdash can escape WW's pressure at midscreen, forcing the WW player to make hard reads
GL's zoning builds meter fairly quickly and should be used for pushblocking everything WW does (something that for whatever reason is ignored in this matchup)
On knockdown, a well timed F3 will beat wakeup spin, as well as avoid/beat all other wakeup options
While I haven't tested it, I also believe that GL gets a safe jump setup on WW in certain situations

Just to clarify, I don't believe any 6-4 is really a "bad" matchup. 6-4 imo simply means that one character has a slight but noticeable advantage over another. A WW player can easily get the life lead at the beginning of the match, corner carry their opponent, and destroy their first life bar in seconds. But overall, I believe that GL can execute his gameplan with less risk and with a better chance of success than the WW can execute their's.

E

Eldriken

B2, or whatever the normal is that he comes down with the People's elbow. Both are used in the midrange, and have similar startup.
But does it have the range and active frames? I really don't think so. It's also an overhead, not a low.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
B2, or whatever the normal is that he comes down with the People's elbow. Both are used in the midrange, and have similar startup.
Can't Lantern punish every Torpedo? Because if he can then Shazam can't use B2 in the neutral as every offensive option off of it is unsafe.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
But does it have the range and active frames? I really don't think so. It's also an overhead, not a low.
I put more worth in the range and hitbox of both normals than whether they are overhead vs low. At this stage of the game, people know that you block Shazam high and that you block GL low. With that in mind, both GL B1 and Shazam B2 are used in the mid-range and in this matchup, Shazam will go over GL and will more often hit GL than the other way around.

E

Eldriken

I put more worth in the range and hitbox of both normals than whether they are overhead vs low. At this stage of the game, people know that you block Shazam high and that you block GL low. With that in mind, both GL B1 and Shazam B2 are used in the mid-range and in this matchup, Shazam will go over GL and will more often hit GL than the other way around.
If you block low against Lantern all the time (range depending, obviously), you risk eating his ridiculously fast f3. If you block high against Shazam, you risk...what?

I don't claim to know everything about Shazam, but are you trying to say that his b2 has the same range, hitbox and active frames as Lantern's b1?