What's new

MTH's GL Matchup Chart

Hello. I know everyone hates on matchup charts but theyre fun so shut up. One hasnt been done for a while and things have changed. I want to hear more about some of these matchups from different players.
GL vs Aquaman 5-5
GL vs Ares 6-4
GL vs Bane 4-6
GL vs Batgirl 4-6
GL vs Batman 5-5
GL vs Black Adam 6-4
GL vs Catwoman 6-4
GL vs Cyborg 4-6
GL vs Deathstroke 5-5
GL vs Doomsday 5-5
GL vs Flash 5-5
GL vs Green Arrow 4-6
GL vs Harley 6-4
GL vs Hawkgirl 5-5
GL vs Joker 6-4
GL vs KF 5-5
GL vs Lex 6-4
GL vs Lobo 5-5
GL vs MMH 3-7 (2-8 on dumb stages)
GL vs Nightwing 5-5
GL vs Raven 4-6
GL vs Scorpion 6-4
GL vs Shazam 6-4
GL vs Sinestro 3-7
GL vs Grundy 7-3
GL vs Supermaen 5-5
GL vs Wonder Woman 5-5
GL vs Zatanna 1-9
GL vs Zod 3-7
9 Winning 9 Losing 11 Even
Solid upper mid tier, but he loses to all the top characters besides Aquaman so you may need a secondary like Flash or Doomsday. Please dont flame me TYM. Thats BM as shit
@Denzell
@THTB
@JDM
@Xenomorph cant remember his tag
@Fred Marvel -__-

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

On a serious note, I agree with your number.

It's 7-3 when playing @gross, however.

why do you feel otherwise? GL cant zone Nightwing too much. GL obviously fucks him mid range in escrima but in staff its not so bad. I havent played it much but i would like to hear your input
Gl can really zone with air rocket and Machine Gun.
In staff we really cant Dodge IAOR
and flying Grayson becomes a high risk n reward.
Only thing we hAve agaisnt him is that we destroy his WU. And mobility (So to speak)
however! If we have health lead it may be 5-5

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Some of my suggestions:

GL loses to Flash 4-6
GL loses to DS 4-6
GL loses to Sinestro 4-6

GL beats NW 6-4
GL beats Doomsday 6-4
GL beats WW 6-4

GL goes even with Shazam

I have some thoughts on some of the other MU's, but I'm willing to defend these.

187x

Noob
Some of my suggestions:

GL loses to Flash 4-6
GL loses to DS 4-6
GL loses to Sinestro 4-6

GL beats NW 6-4
GL beats Doomsday 6-4
GL beats WW 6-4

GL goes even with Shazam

I have some thoughts on some of the other MU's, but I'm willing to defend these.
Naw DS is even. Online is like 3-7 DS advantage

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Oh, please do tell how GL beats Doomsday. It had certainly better not involve his minigun.
GL's best footsie tool (B1) is better overall than Doomsday's. With Earthshaker being his main mixup tool, blocking it is very doable. Doomsday needs to get 3 hits for every 1 hit that GL gets. While zoning doesn't really work against Doomsday, at the very least GL has decent projectiles that allow him to get chip in certain situations. And I believe that GL has a safe jump set-up that avoid/beat all of Doomsday' wakeups. I haven't tested it out though.

E

Eldriken

GL's best footsie tool (B1) is better overall than Doomsday's. With Earthshaker being his main mixup tool, blocking it is very doable. Doomsday needs to get 3 hits for every 1 hit that GL gets. While zoning doesn't really work against Doomsday, at the very least GL has decent projectiles that allow him to get chip in certain situations. And I believe that GL has a safe jump set-up that avoid/beat all of Doomsday' wakeups. I haven't tested it out though.
The only time you can really chip Doomsday with any of your projectiles is if you have your trait active and use MB Minigun. At full screen, all we have to do is duck or jump to avoid whatever you send our way.

I agree with you on b1, but you have to use it wisely if you're playing someone who knows the MU and has good defense.

Also, Earth Shake is not his main mixup tool. He has d3 setups which work anywhere on the screen and blow up wake ups.

I don't know of any safe jump set-ups that GL has, so I can't comment on those.

I really don't see this being anything other than a 5-5. All Doomsday has to do is knock GL down and he's screwed. Minigun wake up isn't invincible, his lift wake up can be mitigated with trait, d3 setups or corner reversals. The only thing we really have to worry about is guessing wrong on your wake up and eating a MB f3 wake up.

The only thing that ever annoys me in the MU is his b1 and that's it.

GL's b1 outfootsies everyone. does that mean he wins every matchup, no.

Some of my suggestions:

GL loses to Flash 4-6
GL loses to DS 4-6
GL loses to Sinestro 4-6

GL beats NW 6-4
GL beats Doomsday 6-4
GL beats WW 6-4

GL goes even with Shazam

Oh god GL does not go even with Shazam lmao. Please explain how Shazam is going to touch you in the first place? DS is the matchup i really want to look into. I think its pretty damn even. Wonder Woman is not even, yeah GL outfootsies her and she cant jump in on GL but her corner game against GL make it up super even. @MITDJT