What's new

Movie Skins Pack Revealed by NRS on Instagram

Gaxkang

Banned
Looks cool, likely will be a paid pack. Sonya and Johnny faces will probably resemble actors more in more neutral facial expressions...

Better be a Shang announcer voice when it comes out tho! :D

Raiden is the skin to be excited for. omg Lambert finally no more head sock Raiden yes!

Sonya is exciting just because it gives you the option for non-Ronda voice lines.

Johnny looks the exact same so who cares.

Art Lean

Noob
Cannot wait for this, and agree with those who stated it’s unfair to judge the likenesses based upon action poses, can already tell Sonya looks fantastic.

The fact that they’ve hinted it with the picture hopefully means this is coming soon? What sort of time frame have any similar teases such as this resulted in from official tease to release?

I also agree it’s weird Robin Shou isn’t involved, he even turned up for a Mortal Kombat Annihilation Q&A reunion, so I can’t imagine he’d turn it down, but still really happy about these three, especially Sonya!

And YES this definitely needs a Shang announcer pack with it, it’s ridiculous it hasn’t happened yet but Robocop has?!?

I think Liu is similar enough to not need his movie skin. I think Kitana might be tough with their choice to have Mileena looking similar. Might just be the first of two packs. In case we get a second pack, Kitana, Liu and maybe Jax or Sindel makes the most sense. Rain has been data mined though.

Whippoorwill

In my hater era
Will they give Sonya the low ponytail or will they keep they braid since it's kinda similar? The pony is longer though. Maybe borrow it from Cassie

Temptress

Edenian Empress
I think what presents a bigger issue in terms of the possibility of a Kitana MK Annihilation skin is that, unlike the others, using Talisa Soto's likeness as Kitana in this game would technically classify as racebending as Talisa is Puerto Rican. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the idea of the skin, but NRS may not want to stray from Kitana's newfound Asian identity and cause confusion.

I'm aware Dimitri's Sub-Zero skin exists, but Kitana has been ethnically ambiguous up until MK11, whereas Sub has always been Chinese-Amerrican.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I think what presents a bigger issue in terms of the possibility of a Kitana MK Annihilation skin is that, unlike the others, using Talisa Soto's likeness as Kitana in this game would technically classify as racebending as Talisa is Puerto Rican. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the idea of the skin, but NRS may not want to stray from Kitana's newfound Asian identity and cause confusion.
I don't think that would be too crazy. They made Carl Weathers Jax super black, and you also got the DJ Sub Zero skin. I don't think the dj is Asian

Temptress

Edenian Empress
I don't think that would be too crazy. They made Carl Weathers Jax super black, and you also got the DJ Sub Zero skin. I don't think the dj is Asian
Yeah, I updated my post to clarify my reasoning a bit more. I'm sure it ultimately wouldn't be an issue, but I can see why NRS might be hesitant in Kitana's case.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Yeah, I updated my post to clarify my reasoning a bit more. I'm sure it ultimately wouldn't be an issue, but I can see why NRS might be hesitant in Kitana's case.
I get what you mean about Kitana's race being ambiguous, but even if her face makes her look Asian she's still a fictional Edenian. I don't think anyone would have an issue with it

Its not the same as the Jade thing imo because Jade has always been dark skin.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
To have her in the game and not have THE intro we all want will be an utter crime however.

I don’t even need to quote it :D
Yes... so much yes. Having Talisa & Musetta in the studio to re-record that iconic exchange would be legendary.