What's new

Movie Skins Pack Revealed by NRS on Instagram

Temptress

Edenian Empress
They wouldn’t do it, but I’d rather them just re-use the movie recording. I’m sure it won’t sound the same otherwise.
Uh, why wouldn’t they? Neither are big names and they would both be in the studio recording countless preexisting lines on NRS’s dime, so there’s no reason for them to miss that opportunity when people were already pleading for the return of that line when Sindel was released.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Yes, bring Raiden and Queen shit only Sonya to the yard without Red Ribbon Army voicing her.

I honestly am beyond elated. Seeing them made me love those characters like I used to <3.

Just pass Sonya leg grab, kiss, and cartwheel for the complete meta.
I can't wait to play Sonya all over again. She's my #1.

Uh, why wouldn’t they? Neither are big names and they would both be in the studio recording countless preexisting lines on NRS’s dime, so there’s no reason for them to miss that opportunity when people were already pleading for the return of that line when Sindel was released.
You misunderstood me. I meant that I would rather have them re-use the recorded lines from the movie for that quote, rather than re-record new ones, as they won’t sound the same as the quote we’ve all heard a hundred times.

my “wouldn’t do it” was referring to the fact the NRS wouldn’t do that, and would have them re-record those lines.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
You misunderstood me. I meant that I would rather have them re-use the recorded lines from the movie for that quote, rather than re-record new ones, as they won’t sound the same as the quote we’ve all heard a hundred times.

my “wouldn’t do it” was referring to the fact the NRS wouldn’t do that, and would have them re-record those lines.
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying.

Personally, I’d find it really interesting to see how Talisa and Musetta sound after all these years, and with proper direction (something Ronda clearly didn’t receive), there’s no reason why they shouldn’t sound fantastic considering they are the ones who performed the original lines.

Art Lean

Noob
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying.

Personally, I’d find it really interesting to see how Talisa and Musetta sound after all these years, and with proper direction (something Ronda clearly didn’t receive), there’s no reason why they shouldn’t sound fantastic considering they are the ones who performed the original lines.
I absolutely love the ridiculous irony that you hope for them to have proper direction in reenacting a scene that’s infamous for its utterly shambolic direction. :D

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob

Exactly on that topic. I hate to ever speak ill of the wonderful Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa... but does it annoy anyone else how in MK11 he completely changed how he emphasised the wording of “your soul is mine!” It was very drawn out in a delightfully villainous way emphasising the words “yourrrrr SOUL” in the movie, yet in the game he just sort of rushes through the phrase with a very abrupt almost whispered “soul” and ending on a very too abrupt “mine” and it lacks all the gravitas of the original line. Wish they could have just sampled it from the film instead. :(

At least “it has begun!” still sounds great however.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I forgot how damn cute Sonya was in Annihilation. And I like Bridgette Wilson lol.

LAMBERT LIGHTNING GOD

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I'm gonna try to keep this as positive as possible, but when I loaded up the Bridgette Sonya skin and saw her chin expand by 40% I laughed for a good 20 minutes.

This skin is ugly as fuck, I'm sorry.

Reactions: Zgf