What's new

Most of us have experienced the bulk of single player content and/or are already forming competitive opinions. What would you rate MK11 now?

How do you feel about MK11?

• Best MK game to date.

Votes: 47 37.9%
  • Great game, but has flaws. Maybe not the best MK but it's arguable.

Votes: 68 54.8%
  • Average. Nothing obviously bad or good.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Bad. Perhaps one of the worst MK games.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The worst MK. Ever.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jhin

"Art is worth the pain."
The gameplay and controls are one of the best in the whole series. They're well done, easy to understand and to pickup again after some time without playing.

The singleplayer content is the best we've ever seen in a mk game. It has started with a few slip ups since the grind was insanely... Grindy? But IMO most of these issues have been fixed, and both ToT and the Krypt have been enjoyable and fun experiences so far. The campaign was very nice although there where some elements that where left very loose in the ending.

The online experience is great and the net code of this game is simply awesome. My main problem with it is that you need to be connected at all times, this has given me some problems in a few towers when i got disconnected from NRS servers out of nowhere, which meant that I had to replay the towers again.

Overall, I give the game a 9/10. I believe it can get even better if the game gets supported for longer periods of time than previous mk's, receiving new content and dlcs as time goes on. Definitely feeling good about the future of MK11!

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
I enjoy this game, but I miss mid advancing cancelable strings. They are obviously very powerful, so I understand the change, but I didn’t realize how much they contributed to the fun factor for me until now. I’m having difficulty finding a replacement for the exhilaration I felt while giving and receiving lockdown pressure. It feels like an mk11 fight is a series of micro contests, where players alternate 15% hit confirms, then are guaranteed neutral again. There is no danger, no situationals, no power imbalance one can create

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
  • love the gameplay a lot, nothing bad to say about that. The new mechanics are great, the flow and pacing of the match is great, if I have to really find something I don't like I'd have made Fatal Blows one shot only.
  • Kustom variations are a good idea (even if I'd have liked more old school complete characters out of the box) but the decision to leave it out of tournaments and ranked is a mistake IMHO. Leaving your main selling point out of the situations where it would be taken to the next level is just stupid, especially considering how some ranked variations are just ass.
  • from a technical standpoint the game is amazing. Graphics, sound, art design, details, everything is top notch, easily best fighting game ever.
  • story is cool to look at but plotwise is a mess. Plot holes, characters all over the place, bad writing, just bad.
  • netcode is good as usual but I had a couple disconnections more than I expected
  • the Krypt is awesome on a design and lore standpoint, really makes you think about that third person action game Boon wants to make.
  • Towers of Time now, after the patches, are mostly fine even though konsumables are a gimmick that gets boring after a while
  • the grind has been mostly patched now but I stand by my point that trying to set up a fighting game (heavily marketed on customization) as if it was a looter shooter was very misguided from their parts. I want to believe it was done in good faith in an attempt to keep players invested for a long time, but still, locking all the stuff people bought the game for under insane grinds and RNG mechanics was a really bad choice.
  • I really really don't like that they, in good faith or not, said outright lies while marketing the game. There's secret characters, except there's not. There's no loot boxes, except the Krypt itself is a loot box. There's the same 600 fixed boxes in the Krypt for everyone, except it's not true. You can unlock everything just by playing the game, except I emptied the Krypt two times over and I'm still missing out stuff.
  • I'm really let down that there's no secrets, surprises or fun little stuff anywhere in the game. Maybe because I'm old school but the secrets were the best thing about MK and I miss it so much.
Anyway, I think it's one of the best MK ever if just for the gameplay and the technical stuff, but I believe if they didn't made this design mistakes it would have been EASILY the best MK game and maybe one of the best fighting game ever. Now it will probably remember forever for that "SJW/anti-SJW" bullshit or the botched launch and it's not fair. I appreciate they're trying to fix what they can and I'll stick with it anyway but it's a shame.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Voted great. 2nd best NRS game imo. Quickly fixed some issues and working on others. The absurdity of Fatal Blows in their current form and about 4 characters ridiculous toolsets are my only real complaints. Game is great.
Fatal blows are punishable now on block though? What’s your current issue with them?

I really don't get the griping against Fatal Blows... I take it you guys don't play Tekken 7?
they are way more powerfull than rage arts in tekken 7. the super frezze alone makes rage arts way weaker than fatal blows. tbh rage arts are the weakest supers i have ever seen in a fighting game.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
they are way more powerfull than rage arts in tekken 7. the super frezze alone makes rage arts way weaker than fatal blows. tbh rage arts are the weakest supers i have ever seen in a fighting game.
then you have never played or watched the new power rangers fg

mn_tercercine

you can call me blue cheese, because I am DRESSING
people complaining about fatal blows need to face a level 3 xfactor dark phoenix

on topic though I would say this is my favorite mk so far, roster could be better and variations are lame but the actual fighting mechanics are great.

additional edit: best tutorial ever made in a fighting game; however not being able to use consumables on a stick is a massive fuckup how could they miss that?

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
I already like the mechanics better than mkx and while it is certainly more polished than mk9 only time will tell it it takes over as my favorite mk of all time. That being said the potential is certainly there.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Fatal blows are punishable now on block though? What’s your current issue with them?
You asked lol.

For what they allow you to receive in a match, how they alter a match, every single one should be easily full combo punishable by S1, F1s, etc by design. The majority of characters still can't punish some FBs, but are victim to their pace and game altering design.

Example. Facing Erron, Noob, Geras, Cetrion, etc you can be having a solid equally skilled match, but when their FB is active it instantly changes the match. Cetrion is my main and I almost feel like I'm cheating when it's out in certain MUs. If they're at range you're walking on eggshells while they can control the entire pacing of the match because A) you can't afford to be hit or you lose and B) if you block it you still can't do anything and it recharges. Terrible. A comeback mechanic is the last thing that should be unbalanced. They should be uniform, like Tekken, like MK11 breaker, etc.

Some speed is just absurd. Erron shooting me (hell Sonic doing it to players) at full screen at 10 frames for 33% life for not holding down block is some of the worst gameplay in a game I've ever seen. In any fighter. Emphasis on ever.

Geras doing exactly the same.

Kabal making you unable to move at distance because the instant you do anything he'll super speed behind you for over 30% life.

I find these detrimental to true gameplay and skill. The worst comeback mechanic out hands down. You play that top 5 Scorpion who probably just teleports on block at any range for full combo to them so you probably can't relate to any of this, but most of the cast can't do that and are still at Mercy to them. I abuse it myself in some MUs with Cetrion because it's in the game and OPs my toolset, but it is still stupid.

If they are going to stay as high damage, armored, fast, recharging FBs, then I think they should all be universal up close only FBs (Sonya, Skarlet, etc) with zero pushback and -20 on block for all characters to consistently full combo punish.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You asked lol.

For what they allow you to receive in a match, how they alter a match, every single one should be easily full combo punishable by S1, F1s, etc by design. The majority of characters still can't punish some FBs, but are victim to their pace and game altering design.

Example. Facing Erron, Noob, Geras, Cetrion, etc you can be having a solid equally skilled match, but when their FB is active it instantly changes the match. Cetrion is my main and I almost feel like I'm cheating when it's out in certain MUs. If they're at range you're walking on eggshells while they can control the entire pacing of the match because A) you can't afford to be hit or you lose and B) if you block it you still can't do anything and it recharges. Terrible. A comeback mechanic is the last thing that should be unbalanced. They should be uniform, like Tekken, like MK11 breaker, etc.

Some speed is just absurd. Erron shooting me (hell Sonic doing it to players) at full screen at 10 frames for 33% life for not holding down block is some of the worst gameplay in a game I've ever seen. In any fighter. Emphasis on ever.

Geras doing exactly the same.

Kabal making you unable to move at distance because the instant you do anything he'll super speed behind you for over 30% life.

I find these detrimental to true gameplay and skill. The worst comeback mechanic out hands down. You play that top 5 Scorpion who probably just teleports on block at any range for full combo to them so you probably can't relate to any of this, but most of the cast can't do that and are still at Mercy to them. I abuse it myself in some MUs with Cetrion because it's in the game and OPs my toolset, but it is still stupid.

If they are going to stay as high damage, armored, fast, recharging FBs, then I think they should all be universal up close only FBs (Sonya, Skarlet, etc) with zero pushback and -20 on block for all characters to consistently full combo punish.
Kabal’s has pushback but it’s so negative you can dash up and still punish. Most of them with pushback can be punished afaik.

The full screen ones are definitely very good. I think the full screen ones shouldn’t do chip damage. Also I think they ALL should take longer to recharge, or they should just go away after using it regardless if it whiffs or is blocked. Such a weird mechanic that is universal but at the same time not universal. Like why do some characters get godlike fatal blows? If it was characters that were really bad, okay, kind of a cop out way to balance them but okay. So yeah I agree. I was just asking though, lol.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Kabal’s has pushback but it’s so negative you can dash up and still punish. Most of them with pushback can be punished afaik.

The full screen ones are definitely very good. I think the full screen ones shouldn’t do chip damage. Also I think they ALL should take longer to recharge, or they should just go away after using it regardless if it whiffs or is blocked. Such a weird mechanic that is universal but at the same time not universal. Like why do some characters get godlike fatal blows? If it was characters that were really bad, okay, kind of a cop out way to balance them but okay. So yeah I agree. I was just asking though, lol.
Ha yeah it's the only thing that riles me up. Like I love the gameplay, love all the new features and mechanics. Think they 100% went in the right direction. But some of these Fatal Blows though lol.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
I voted for the second option.
It's ironic that prerelease and week of release I hated the single player stuff but loved the gameplay and meta.

Now, single player is fixed, even fun sometimes, and I'm drowning in koins and soul tokens with nothing to spend them on. On the other hand, the more I play online the more I find it's a game of Haves vs Have Nots and that's disappointing. But a couple of balance patches could make it perfect

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I feel like the game will be great if issues with wakeups (several of them whiffing where others do not due to bad reach) and issues with character balance will be addressed.