Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Injustice

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • MKX

Votes: 96 71.1%

• Total voters

Schuyler

Noob
It's MKX easily. Injustice had like 3-5 nonviable characters at any point in the game's life cycle, MK9 had like 4-5 VIABLE characters at any point in its life cycle, MKX arguably has never had an nonviable character yet.
Goro
jaqui
Jason
just about everyone in injustice was viable accept
joker and MAYBE scropian. But scropian could do ell cause he had a vortex.

And were not talking about any point its the life cycle or the most played. 2013 injustice and 2014 injustice are like 2 different games.

Schuyler

Noob
MK9 was definitely the LEAST balanced of the three. That's for sure. Kabal (the block infinite still worked on sheeva. 10/0 MU right there), Jax, Cage, Kenshi, Cyrax (he wasn't even great just had the bomb setups), Skarlet, Kung Lao (lol low hat on every string) and...everyone else was basically ass tier compared to them. The game had 29 characters. Essentially, only 1/4th of those characters were solid picks for tournament play...that flat out sucks.

S tier, mid tier, and Jade/Sheeva/Kano tier. Yeah, that balance sucked ass for that game.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
We should count the number of hopeless VARIATIONS. Yes most characters are tournament viable, but take a look at weak variations like, spectral ermac, unbreakable sub, nimble reptile, brood mother d'vorah.....To me Injustice is the most balanced

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
MK9 was definitely the LEAST balanced of the three. That's for sure. Kabal (the block infinite still worked on sheeva. 10/0 MU right there), Jax, Cage, Kenshi, Cyrax (he wasn't even great just had the bomb setups), Skarlet, Kung Lao (lol low hat on every string) and...everyone else was basically ass tier compared to them. The game had 29 characters. Essentially, only 1/4th of those characters were solid picks for tournament play...that flat out sucks.

S tier, mid tier, and Jade/Sheeva/Kano tier. Yeah, that balance sucked ass for that game.
Skarlet Strings weren't much of the problem, it was the fact that she could OTG any character in the game before the wakeup window becomes available that was the pretty big deal. That combined with her armor threat, and capable of winning any MU with chip alone without landing a single hit is what made her a force to be reckon with, but she still had Cyrax which i still stands today has her worst MU, and i can say Kabal was probably even.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Raiden
Quan Chi
D'Vorah
Erron Black
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Tanya
Shinnok
Predator
Cassie Cage
Jax

Those are 12 characters just in S-tier alone, far better than MK9's Kabal, Kenshi, Cyrax, Freddy, and Sonya or Injustice's MM, Zod, Aquamayne, and BatGirl.

And then we have characters like Kung Jin, Ermac, Johnny Cage, Sonya, and Kenshi all in A+ tier and they are fantastic characters as well. I mean the bottom tier(IMO) consists of Takeda, Mileena, Jason, and Kotal Kahn and they're not even bad characters.This game is 10000x More balanced than MK9 or Injustice ever was.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
From what I've gathered through various posts across this site MK9's balance was atrocious. From playing Injustice and what players think that game had it's crazy top tiers and to me felt way to MU dependent. As for MKx, I'm waiting until everything finally gets broken down and NRS announces they're done with the game to see what the patches actually did. So I wouldn't say any of them are actually balanced but If I had to pick it'd be MKx because NRS hasn't really set the bar high in terms of balance. It'd be a heinous crime if MKx came out worse than MKx and Injustice at launch.

JDM

Noob
Goro
jaqui
Jason
just about everyone in injustice was viable accept
joker and MAYBE scropian. But scropian could do ell cause he had a vortex.

And were not talking about any point its the life cycle or the most played. 2013 injustice and 2014 injustice are like 2 different games.

Jacqui is viable, she's not even that bad. Jason just got top 8 at EGL tournament or top 16 I forget what place REO got. Jason is solid. Goro is underrated imo as well.

Injustice had Scorpion, Joker, Cyborg (Zod did literally everything better, only person who even played this character was Relaxed State, had a ~9-1 MU against manhunter). And not to mention the top tiers were just way better than most characters. I think Injustice was relatively balanced but not as well balanced as MKX. The order definitely goes MKX>INJ>MK9 though. When the game came out there was a bunch of unviable or very bad characters in Injustice, there was never anything like that in MKX.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
While balance is important, the issue is sentimental, hand on hip fuckbois that expect "every single character/archetype/team should be able to win in any given fighting game" and all that jazz. Apart from maybe Street Fighter 1, sorry, it's never been true.

There's been other fighting games with far less characters on show competitively, and far less practical resources for patches/revisions than any of the relevant NRS games, and quite frankly, their communities just got on with it. And their games went on to live over 3 times as long.

Look at my username, it's not a coincidence. You think I sat in a corner throwing a hissyfit over Stryker not being good at anything? Hell no, I moved on and saw what else I could dig up. Every time I thought about going back to Stryker, I kept finding out he was worse than I thought he was every time. And it was much more fulfilling doing the former.

You know, I would correct you on the block infinite thing....

But I noticed you have Jax, a character who quite possibly wasn't top 15 down as grounds for 1/4 of the roster being viable.

Sorry man, does not compute.

We should count the number of hopeless VARIATIONS. Yes most characters are tournament viable, but take a look at weak variations like, spectral ermac, unbreakable sub, nimble reptile, brood mother d'vorah.....To me Injustice is the most balanced
Um, what? isn't Nimble Reptile's best variation? Milky even conceded that Noxious was just a preference, and even then, he only uses the gas setups here and there.

I noticed that you didn't mention Hat Trick by the way, hmm.... We can't help variations if the character community is plagued with idiots.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Imo hands down MKX. I don't know how anyone can suggest mk9 unless they're trolling, and there is nothing like the broken top 5 of injustice in MKX.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Injustice made me cry. The pushback on everything when you have no normals and you can't close gaps by walking so you just have to sit there and take everything all the time.

Fuck you Aquaman. Shame on anyone that voted for Injustice

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
Mkx = good presentation, shitty balance

Nrs doesnt know how to create competitive well balanced fighting game, the know how to create accessible and for fun only.

As much as i love mk, mk9 was not balanced, mkx is far from balanced which gets me thinking, what the hell are these people thinking?

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
Results are looking like I expected. I created this topic because someone said that MKX was the most broken, and that he's rather fight Kabal than anyone in MKX.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This isn't even close - it's MKX by far. The games you've mentioned have gotten progressively better as they were released.

1 - MKX
2 - Injustice
3 - MK9

I think we will see even more character diversity as patches come and underused variations are fleshed out. Just look at the MKX top 8 at EVO this year. I think there were 9 different characters used.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I'd say MKX because we're trying to fit 10 characters into the top 5, with most positions being interchangeable. In MK9, it was Kabal, Kenshi, Cyrax, Lao, Sonya, then everybody else. In Injustice, it was Batgirl, Martian, Aquaman, Zod, Sinestro, and then everybody else was debatable. In MKX, although the game is still relatively young, the top 5 can arguably include any combination of these characters: Kung Lao, Cassie Cage, Jax, Tanya, Predator, Shinnok, Liu Kang, D'Vorah, Raiden, and Quan Chi. The gap between tiers also isn't as wide.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
MKX is still early in its life and probably still has patches coming, so it's not fair to compare it to two games that the development for have ended.

That said MKX looks to be a promising contender so far. The only worry is if development stops at some point after a broken character is discovered. That's why it's not fair to compare it to MK9 or Injustice just yet.

Slymind

Noob
I've been seeing a very consistent diversity on Top 8s so far on MKX, so i vote for that.

Also, i don't get people giving so much flak to NRS at the current moment, there is a very decent diversity in tournaments for MKX, as if other fighting games have a 100% balanced cast and everyone is 5-5.

Last edited:

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
MKX is still early in its life and probably still has patches coming, so it's not fair to compare it to two games that the development for have ended.
Fuckin this. Seriously, the game is barely 4 months old, there's still likely patches to come and hell there might even be more DLC characters.

And the people who voted MK9...

trufenix

bye felicia
Also, i don't get people giving so much flak to NRS at the current moment, there is a very decent diversity in tournaments for MKX, as if other fighting games have a 100% balanced cast and everyone is 5-5.
As far as I can tell, if you main a bad character or a good character who was nerfed the game is terrible. If you main a character who was born or got patched into top tier its great.

Espio

Kokomo
Well this poll is unfair and doesn't say too much for several reasons: Injustice and MK9 have had vastly more time for their metas to develop, patches were done and so forth. MKX has been out for less than a year, less than six month in fact and still has a minimum of one more patch to release that could change the entire current meta for better or worse as we know it. It's kind of premature either way. Injustice is definitely more balanced than MK9 though, I could use most of the roster and feel good about my chances, that wasn't the case in MK9 and both Injustice and MK9 had awful match ups, but the diversity of represented playstyles and diverse high level success of multiple characters says a lot in favor of Injustice.