Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Injustice

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • MKX

Votes: 96 71.1%

• Total voters

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
NRS are known for having some pretty nasty shit in their games. Injustice had Batgirl, MMH, Zod, etc... MKX has BS Shinnok, Tempest Kung Lao, Predator and much more. And let's not even start about MK9. So which game was the best with balance IYO?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
To me I say Injustice. It was the most balanced overall among the viable characters. The Top Tiers were very strong, but the playstyle representation was very diverse, which is why I voted for it. We all know who was Top Tier like in any game, but look at the diversity here-

Do it all Top Tier- MMH.

Rushdown/Pressure Top Tier- Batgirl, Flash, Bane.

Zoning/Defensive Top Tier- Zod, Aquaman, Sinestro.

The best characters in the game were so different from each other, and multiple playstyles were equally represented at the top. Same can be said for the middle who were still capable of winning (Catwoman won, 2nd place Raven, etc), but the top is easier to reference. For this reason I say Injustice is by far more balanced than both MK9 and MKX.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
In terms of character balance? MKX.

It started out more balanced than both MK9 and Injustice, and it still is.

MKX doesn't have hopeless-tier like MK9 did, and at least the low tier and this game have variations to at least help them out in specific match-ups.

The only broke-itty-broke characters in MKX were post-launch with Tanya and Predator, and the former has already been nerfed to normalcy.

I voted injustice only because mk9 was broken, I don't play MKX enough to know and Shaolin Monks wasn't on the poll for some fucked up reason.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
MK9 was definitely the LEAST balanced of the three. That's for sure. Kabal (the block infinite still worked on sheeva. 10/0 MU right there), Jax, Cage, Kenshi, Cyrax (he wasn't even great just had the bomb setups), Skarlet, Kung Lao (lol low hat on every string) and...everyone else was basically ass tier compared to them. The game had 29 characters. Essentially, only 1/4th of those characters were solid picks for tournament play...that flat out sucks.

S tier, mid tier, and Jade/Sheeva/Kano tier. Yeah, that balance sucked ass for that game.

Last edited:

protools27

Rebel without a scene
The reason I say mkx is because in every other game before it, there was that one character, maybe two, who were easily the best in the game.

In mk9, it was kabal, in injustice it was Martian (though you could EASILY make a case for batgirl to me #1 or tied with Martian. But, right now, who is the the hands down best character in this game? It's tough to say.

Predator is really good. But so is Lao. Tanya's pretty good. Hell, even characters like Cassie and Quan are really really good characters across multiple variations.

To me pretty much every char, (besides goro) has an at least somewhat viable variation. There are a lot of things that bother me about this game, but I would say that's it's very balanced

JDM

Noob
Lao, Smoke, Cage, Sonya, Kenshi, Jax, Cyrax? 4-5?
"like"

7 characters is around 5 characters, lol @ the reaching. And even that you're forgetting Freddy and a few others but the point is, MK9 only had a handful of truly viable characters at any one time.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
MK9 was definitely the LEAST balanced of the three. That's for sure. Kabal (the block infinite still worked on sheeva. 10/0 MU right there), Jax, Cage, Kenshi, Cyrax (he wasn't even great just had the bomb setups), Skarlet, Kung Lao (lol low hat on every string) and...everyone else was basically ass tier compared to them. The game had 29 characters. Essentially, only 1/4th of those characters were solid picks for tournament play...that flat out sucks.

S tier, mid tier, and Jade/Sheeva/Kano tier. Yeah, that balance sucked ass for that game.
Lol low hat was negative on block noob.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Despite my opinions on this game mkx, it is looking pretty balanced. When a sub zero player beats a lao player in grand final a lot of people should take stock of what their character can do.

However, their are a few characters that still stick out.

The Highlander

There can be only one
MKX by far. There's the top tiers for sure. But there isn't an aquaman, zod, martian, or kabal to absolutely cripple half the cast. Right now MKX's only problem is that the lowest are struggling. Mid tiers and top are both completely viable (as far as we know, in the games current meta).

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
In MKX one can't pick up a braindead character and body players who actually know the meta, if you're good in MKX you're good in MKX, if you're garbage you're garbage. There is no middle term, there is no Kabal, Cyrax, MMH or Zod that will do the job for you.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
MKX all the way. There are some characters that are very good, but no characters that are basically win all matchups or maybe even for their worst matchup. Bat Girl and MMH were like that in Injustice. MK9 had Kabal, Kenshi, and Freddy K that were ridiculously good with no to minimal losing or even 5-5 matchups. So far MKX has been extremely balanced in my opinion, all the top characters have some balance out flaw in their system, except for maybe Kung Lao who is very solid all the way around.

D'vorah: Great pressure and footsi, but horrible armor and defense.

Quan: Great Vortex and zoning, horrible armor and loses in the corner.

Raiden: Great corner damage and pressure, Full combo punishable overhead.

Kitana: Insane zoning, poor defense with full punishable armor and a meh poke.

Some characters have slightly more pros then cons, but there is no Bat Girl: Safe vortex, amazing footsi, stupid corner pressure/damage. Or MMH: Unpunishable teleport, stupid range with trait, and great zoning.

I say good job on MKX, I'm very pleased with the outcome. Predator currently is broken as fuck, but he'll be fixed very soon in the next patch.

LEGEND

YES!
To me I say Injustice. It was the most balanced overall among the viable characters. The Top Tiers were very strong, but the playstyle representation was very diverse, which is why I voted for it. We all know who was Top Tier like in any game, but look at the diversity here-

Do it all Top Tier- MMH.

Rushdown/Pressure Top Tier- Batgirl, Flash, Bane.

Zoning/Defensive Top Tier- Zod, Aquaman, Sinestro.

The best characters in the game were so different from each other, and multiple playstyles were equally represented at the top. Same can be said for the middle who were still capable of winning (Catwoman won, 2nd place Raven, etc), but the top is easier to reference. For this reason I say Injustice is by far more balanced than both MK9 and MKX.
too few people played the top tier. And to few played to their full potential

I am certain that Injustice top tiers are way more broke and dominant than MK9

Imagine everyone playing Aquaman on Theo's level. Everyone playing Martian on Jupiter's level. And Everyone playing Zod like a Cross between Armor and Pig. Fucking unstoppable

Schuyler

Noob
This is a hard one injustice and mkx are almost tied for first. if you look at all injustices characters the only characters that were truly not viable were joker and maybe scorpion or cyborg. Everyone else was viable. The only kinda broken character was marshan manhunter with his safe teleport and red orb BS.

In mkx no one is really " broken" to me. But then again there are just as many nonviable characters. Jason goro and jaqui are unusable. But I feel like the gap between top tier and mid tier is more spaced out than it is in mkx then in injustice. So in theory the mid tier and low tier characters would be worse in this game then in injustice. I say injustice but just by a tad bit.