What's new

Mortal Kombat's website update Roster page

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Shang is KP1, not base roster, so it makes sense he wouldn't be in the 29-slot roster on the website.
I mean, by that logic, Shao Kahn is DLC too. He's even got a bright gold "DLC" sticker on him if there was any doubt. And instead of being off the page, or at least at the bottom of the list with all the other hidden "DLC" spots, he's just randomly dispersed in the middle of the roster.

Note I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying this page makes no fucking sense.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
If Kombat Pack really has 6 characters, then it should be 31 slots? Maybe they just cut DLC characters.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
We know Shang isn't base roster, so why would they put him on the base roster on their website?
Because people are saying that the extra 4 slots mean DLC, and they fading away means "more DLC in the way", which confuses me a lot. If it is indeed DLC, shouldn't Shang be there already?

But I'm on the 24 + Shao Kahn mindset, tho.

We know Shang isn't base roster, so why would they put him on the base roster on their website?
I meant that we thought that there are 26 slots there beside the 3 fading ones, and 25 of them base roster, and the rest would be dlcs appearing there once they are revealed. But since they aren’t putting Shang there, all 26 might be base roster, in other words 25+Shao Khan

vapid

cyber warlord
I mean, by that logic, Shao Kahn is DLC too. He's even got a bright gold "DLC" sticker on him if there was any doubt. And instead of being off the page, or at least at the bottom of the list with all the other hidden "DLC" spots, he's just randomly dispersed in the middle of the roster.

Note I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying this page makes no fucking sense.
Shao Kahn is base roster pre-order DLC. He's playable on day 1, and all his content is in, you're just paying to unlock him. This won't be true of Shang and the other 5 KP1 characters.

I take your point about the confusion surrounding the 29 slot roster, and this is why we can still (naively) hold out hope for some secret characters, but it is perfectly logical to have Shao Kahn on the website but not Shang Tsung, because one is available at launch and one isn't.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Shao Kahn is base roster pre-order DLC. He's playable on day 1, and all his content is in, you're just paying to unlock him. This won't be true of Shang and the other 5 KP1 characters.

I take your point about the confusion surrounding the 29 slot roster, and this is why we can still (naively) hold out hope for some secret characters, but it is perfectly logical to have Shao Kahn on the website but not Shang Tsung, because one is available at launch and one isn't.
Kill your hope while you still can. NRS is good in crushing hope to dust.

Pizza

Thrill Kill

This alternative roster screen still shows those additional four slots. Two of them are selectable.

Unless Kombat Pack 1 has been reduced from 6 characters to 4, I have the right to think that there may be unlockable characters.

Reactions: Zev
Anyone want to say anything about GREAT NRS marketing now seeing this site?
Nothing has changed there beside some slots being updated, 3 slots are still faded, so maximum base roster slots you can speculate here is 25+Shao Khan, but realistically it’s probably still 24+Shao

vapid

cyber warlord
Has everyone noticed how the last character on that image has a bigger padlock?

I'm guessing that's Kronika's playable form perhaps... or whoever the story mode unlock is.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
lol - no chance of that! A lot of people have already paid for it - that would be a serious con.
agreed .... the amount of backlash and hatred spreading death warrant threats would be countless if WB and NRS dared to do such dirty dick move ! :p

Pizza

Thrill Kill
lol - no chance of that! A lot of people have already paid for it - that would be a serious con.
I know, but I don't really know what's going on. It's confusing.

Someone said that last selectable slot means "there's more DLC on the way"... mmm... I mean, we're professionals to reach any kind of conclusions in this forum. I love your interpretation, but it's not the same as mine.

It's not clear at all.

Reactions: Zev

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?

I don't have a problem with Shang not being on the page, I'm just saying that if the bottom slots are meant for DLC, then Shao Kahn should have occupied the 25th slot. Because while yes he'll be playable day 1 for some people (thus justifying his spot on this page), he won't be playable day 1 for everyone, unlike the other 24 characters (thus why he should not be in the middle of them, but toward the end, where the other DLC characters are). But I totally agree that it's naive to hope this is anything more than a marketing SNAFU at this point.

vapid

cyber warlord
I don't have a problem with Shang not being on the page, I'm just saying that if the bottom slots are meant for DLC, then Shao Kahn should have occupied the 25th slot. Because while yes he'll be playable day 1 for some people (thus justifying his spot on this page), he won't be playable day 1 for everyone, unlike the other 24 characters (thus why he should not be in the middle of them, but toward the end, where the other DLC characters are). But I totally agree that it's naive to hope this is anything more than a marketing SNAFU at this point.
But you're working on the premise that those slots at the bottom are indeed DLC - I don't think they are, and especially as they're fading out, and that the last one has a larger padlock, which is presumably the story mode unlock.

I'm not saying you're wrong, and I know I'm a glutton for punishment when it comes to MK character hopes (Fujin being 'confirmed' in the MKX story mode trailer, for example), but I honestly don't think any KP1 characters are on that website roster.

I totally accept that either a) I could be wrong, and/or b) it really is just 24 or 25 + Shao Kahn, and the other slots are pure trolling by NRS.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
So... Jade, Kabal, and Kung Lao are revenants in their renders, but Liu Kang isn't?

Why? Why doesn't everyone share my OCD and organize things in ways that make sense?
Not to mention, Liu Kang’s revenant skin is the most badass of them all. Maybe they just wanted to show off how good of a job they did on his Asian face this time.

Kokoko

Somehow
Now I'm thinking, maybe NRS added additional slots just to say 'There will be more characters'? And that's why they fade away. The number of slots may not matter anything specific, just a cool looking thing to say 'DLC is coming'...