What's new

Mortal Kombat X Trailer Breakdown

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Still an assumption though. You may be right but like I said we should wait for actual gameplay before jumping to conclusions. Like people saying "He hit him with a branch so that means interactables are back". Like chill guys.
its not an assumption when theres substantial evidence. im not saying interactibles are guaranteed to be in the game lol i wouldnt even want them to be but this trailer does show some gameplay elements, but the people saying "this means there are custom stage fatalities for every character and custom interactibles" might be reaching a bit lol

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Anyone else notice how far Scorpion kipped up when he got to his feet? It also looked like an attack. Odds on it was just NRS doing cinema stuff and its not a move, but it makes me hope for something in particular...Tekken style wakeup options that are universal. Its probably not happening but for the sake of argument lets imagine it is similar to Tekken options. I could see MKX if its doing this having.

• Roll forward
  • Roll away
  • Lunge attack forward (kip up into lunge kick that we saw)
  • Lunge attack backward ( likely something like rolling backwards onto your feet but similar to the kip up they push off with their hands into a lunge kick)
  • neutral attack (similar to the tekken feet facing opponent low poke)
Like I said...just spitballing potentialities after that trailer...still if this does happen having universally around 5 options with each character to poke and cover some ground on wakeup before dipping into their other moves or any potential armored wakeups is pretty fun. More options means less vortexes so I'm hoping this is actually happening. Good chance it was just an animation they threw in to help tie in two parts of the fight they'd choreographed on the storyboard for this trailer though.

Music was awesome imo.. could do without the lyrics, but I can live with it.

Looked like a charge freeze.
There was snow falling..
OTG chain needs a nerf lol
Yeah the music was okay-ish. The lyrics sucked. It should have just been music with no singing.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
You missed that when subs does the ice bean scorps jumps with a divekick or unique jumping attack. either way its nice to see unique jumping attacks in mk.