What's new

Mortal Kombat X Trailer Breakdown

Warning fan theory.

Sub-Zero's eyes are glowing. Neither of the Sub-Zero brothers ever had this. Unless it's a plot device or redesign I think that, if NRS had the balls, kept the brothers dead and this is a third Sub-Zero, possibly their father.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Someone pointed this out, but do the costumes kinda remind anyone else of these old redesigns?
At least inspired anyway.

Yup, I was thinking the same thing. As soon as I saw Scorpion it reminded me of these images. They've been floating around the Internets for a while, glad NRS noticed them.

I am excited a new MK game is coming. Didn't like the music though, and why is Sub-Zero the punching bag again?!

Other than that, after many a new MK games excitement and following news and little tidbits of info here and there, I've decided to stay away from news about this one to get as fresh of an experience as possible. Let's how that turns out.

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Music was awesome imo.. could do without the lyrics, but I can live with it.

Looked like a charge freeze.
There was snow falling..
OTG chain needs a nerf lol

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
for a cg trailer those animations were really really stiff, bad stiff. Hope that isn't indicative of gameplay. They remind me of the stiff 3d mk animations which were terrible.
I was surprised by that too. Moves in a cg video are usually very fluid. The overall fight sequence was a bit disappointing to be honest.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Scorpion looks fucking badass in this. Love the way the hood looks. Sub-Zero looks cool too until his mask gets taken off. Then he looks like Raiden for some reason.

Justice

Noob
We already can do that last MK
Not really. We can rip clothes but not actually remove them.

After re-watching the trailer, I had a thought about the ending. What if Kreate-a-Finisher came back or something like KI's Ultras where you could free-form your own fatality, possibly even using the background and everything?

JDM

Noob
I don't think that "trailer" is indicative of any gameplay features. It was to get us hyped to buy the game, not give us a taste of what the game will play like. Interactables should STAY in injustice only (They should be taken out of injustice too, but whatever) and not muck up MK.

Let's wait until a real gameplay trailer is released to actually break it down. Maybe E3? Is there any news yet when the next real trailer will be released?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I don't think that "trailer" is indicative of any gameplay features. It was to get us hyped to buy the game, not give us a taste of what the game will play like. Interactables should STAY in injustice only (They should be taken out of injustice too, but whatever) and not muck up MK.

Let's wait until a real gameplay trailer is released to actually break it down. Maybe E3? Is there any news yet when the next real trailer will be released?
the mk9 cgi trailer had lots of actual moves and gameplay features in it. im almost positive this trailer is too even though its cgi, i mean you clearly see scorpions x-ray

JDM

Noob
the mk9 cgi trailer had lots of actual moves and gameplay features in it. im almost positive this trailer is too even though its cgi, i mean you clearly see scorpions x-ray
Dizzy already said the people who made the trailer said this is not gameplay at all. Just hype. Like I said wait until E3 for a real trailer to start breaking stuff down

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Dizzy already said the people who made the trailer said this is not gameplay at all. Just hype. Like I said wait until E3 for a real trailer to start breaking stuff down
i know it isnt gameplay i said its cgi lol
but they did the same thing with mk9 and you see some mvoes and an xray in this, its not actual gameplay footage but it is definitely indicative of it

JDM

Noob
i know it isnt gameplay i said its cgi lol
but they did the same thing with mk9 and you see some mvoes and an xray in this, its not actual gameplay footage but it is definitely indicative of it
Still an assumption though. You may be right but like I said we should wait for actual gameplay before jumping to conclusions. Like people saying "He hit him with a branch so that means interactables are back". Like chill guys.