What's new

Mortal Kombat X Trailer Breakdown

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Alright guys I am so excited I can barely contain myself!

So without further ado, let's break the trailer down!

0:30 - RUN BUTTON?!!!

0:34 + 0:38 - Scorpion has a Parry move

0:50 - Sub-Zero's throw and interactable environment?

0:52 - EX Parry?

0:55 - EX Ice ball? If so, SCORPION CAN JUMP ABOVE IT - SUBZERO LOW TIER!! BUFF SUBZERO!!! :DOGE

0:59 - Looks like Sub-Zero is in the corner, uses interactable. Very Injustice-alike.

1:03 - Scorpion has a Flip Kick move

1:05 - Sub-Zero does Slide, Scorpion does XRAY? Looks too short for an X-Ray move, new mechanic?

1:11 - Interactable

1:13 - At first I thought this was a weapon, but on a second (more like twentieth, actually) view it looks like the sword was already at the background, so more interactables?

1:20 - Air throw move?

And finally, WHY IS SUB-ZERO ALWAYS THE PUNCHING BAG?!

WHO'S NEXT? GET HYPE!

Discuss, people!

-----------------------

UPDATE: Looks like none of the above really applies.

"This trailer is pure CG, no gameplay footage here."
https://twitter.com/DgitalDimension/status/473476927958024192

Last edited:

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Too soon, it does look like interactables might be there, but this might not even be what the actual gameplay looks like.(im so pumped right now..mk10!)

Braindead

Too soon, it does look like interactables might be there, but this might not even be what the actual gameplay looks like.(im so pumped right now..mk10!)
Lol I am so excited I had to vent, so I created the thread! Lol
I am really glad Sub-Zero is still in the game.

And I think this is indeed what the gameplay looks like, but more cinematic (as trailers usually are).

It looks like the stage interaction will be present like it is in Injustice however it be in the form of a past MK feature. In the past MK games had weapon stance switches and judging by the trailer it looks like stages will have weapon interactions rather than interactable objects that you can throw.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This feels like a gaame engine to me.

Also, scorp followed up the teleport with a reverse order 33

I said this in the other thread but I feel like instead of having one x-ray per character, each of the character's specials can use the meter to perform and x-ray version or maybe there is just more x-rays available per character each with different setups to make the characters more dynamic. It could also just be minor x-rays that don't consume the whole meter.

Braindead

I would take the trailer with a grain of salt. Much like the CG trailer for MK9, a lot of the things used are probably not gonna be in the game
Exactly this, it is just a CG trailer after all.
Yeah but personally I think it looks like it can suit a game engine very easily.

But still, reviewing the MK9 trailer, I think the following might be just made for the trailer and not really in the game engine:
- The running at the beginning
- What looks like an EX Ice Ball
- Scorpion's fatality

I really believe we'll see the rest in the game. My personal opinion ofc.