What's new

Mortal Kombat X Rankings Now On SRK

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
TBH I feel like weeklies shouldnt be counted at all, because they kind of dilute the whole system. After a while the people who place at weeklies every week will get more points than someone who placed really high at a major, but may not be able to/live near a weekly. That's just my take.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Every UK kombat cup was maxed out on entrants, and I won all that I went to.

Also if ESL wins count, I've got 6.
In 7 weeks I've won 11 tournaments and made £11.3k.

Idgaf if I'm on that list or not lol, money talks :p as it stands I'm the most winning MKX player, and won the most moniez
FTR u don't have to make a case to me

I usually spend 5% of my day defending u lol

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Added in Texas Showdown results (was not done as at that time there were no MKX rankings yet), and downgraded ESL Pro League to CIRCUIT events, that score lower (circuit type is fixed and does not consider player weights, it is given to weeklies so that we still get character usage statistics but it doesn't boost player ranking that much)
Weeklies and locals should not be included in an online ranking system, especially one that's being used to seed people at majors.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I just realized that it went to 100 people and I am not on there. I guess I have to start playing online to get seeded.....

Matix218

Get over here!
Only offline tournaments should count towards rankings. They already rank the ESL players in the ESL, the SRK rankings should be for tournament only. Dizzy should have gotten more points for combo breaker than sonic fox and reo for winning those multiple ESL online events combined imo. And Fox and Reo would probably agree with that too

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Hmm. All i saw was Raiden. Cassie. Scorpion. Sonya. And Erron Black. Quan Chi.
Then rough to block online dickheads

bavobbr

Noob
Currently the criteria for being listed are simple: get the tournament results reported on either SRK or Eventhubs or both. The system will weigh the tournament purely based on the average skill level of the 8 best players in it. The player skill weights are auto-determined based on previous tournament results and adjusted on every new tournament weighting. There is a max of 16 tournament rankings per player (best 16 are used).
That is why it is shoddy in the beginning and gets better later.

I realize that a lot of tournament results are reported here and other sites, but it is hard to track them down if there is no official format in which they are published. That's why the SRK/EH filter, it means that at least majors will be all in there. And those that get themselves published there, like ESL or Yomi currently. If you have exposure, you get attention. It's pretty harsh but simple.

You have to take it with a grain of salt, it is just an interpretation. But it tries to do it based on fair and clear rules.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
thank you for being willing to listen!

and yes, at this point, handling weeklies is the biggest issue remaining. please read kitana prime's post on this - the versus weeklies in florida blow NLBC out of the water, as do others to be frank.

top priority weeklies to count from what i know:

yomi
versus
GGA
socal (EGP)
maybe something in texas? not familiar with this scene, need some input

stuff like NLBC & the break, though much more well-known due to their history with other games, are easily a level below these in terms of the quality of play imo
Does this mean when I go 0-2 or 1-2 at gga it means I could body @RM Indecisive free? :DOGE

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
I will only say this once.

Online should not be a part of the SRK rankings. PERIOD. The netcode is average at best, and only those who do well when the game is at its best should be considered for that list.

And remember, I'm ON this list right now and I dont agree with it. I see a lot of players, myself included, who dont look like they belong as far up as they are on this chart, IF AT ALL. I havent proven to be included in a list of top players, and neither have a lot of these other guys.

Dont get me wrong, I fully support ESL. I love what they have done for the game so far

bavobbr

Noob
Usually online tournaments are not used, but at the current state there are not many tournament results yet to base anything on, so any data is better than no data at all. ESL has done well promoting their tournament and get top players competing, even online. And succeeding, even online. That means that online at least reflects some skill in correct order.

I will add ESL Europe results if I can find them, and they will be CIRCUIT like the others. That means they are not worth that may points, but still contribute to player data and character statistics. When new majors happen, they will automatically overtake the ranking, as those are worth a lot more points. Online players ranked high now will not remain there, unless they show up at those majors.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Damn didn't know that ranking system even existed.
Looked myself up lol, I'm on it but for Skullgirls >___> doesnt have KoF it looks like..

Landonio

n00b
Chris G 3rd and Tom Brady not even on the list.

Am I missing something here or is this list still under construction?

Pig Of The Hut

I will only say this once.

Online should not be a part of the SRK rankings. PERIOD. The netcode is average at best, and only those who do well when the game is at its best should be considered for that list.

And remember, I'm ON this list right now and I dont agree with it. I see a lot of players, myself included, who dont look like they belong as far up as they are on this chart, IF AT ALL. I havent proven to be included in a list of top players, and neither have a lot of these other guys.

Dont get me wrong, I fully support ESL. I love what they have done for the game so far
I swear these online frauds sonic fox dab and Reo wouldn't stand a chance offline

Pig Of The Hut

Chris G 3rd and Tom Brady not even on the list.

Am I missing something here or is this list still under construction?
He has 9th at CB, 9th at NWM and 17th at TCW and hasn't played in esl, MWC or toryuken . U gets points for top 8

So you're missing something

He has competed in small NE locals

all the people who mock online and pretend like it doesn't matter are full of shit. Online is where the majority of people get their experience and learn the game. It's the hipster thing to do to immediately go all "online lolololol I'm a pro I swear". Get over it people. The online may not be the best but it is the primary tool of most people including tournament players.