What's new

Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Tips & Tricks Thread

^ Stop using Kano, he doesn't have a useful special in my opinion.

I think he has bleed, but Power draining characters are so much better.

How many coins you have? I suggest you pick one or two characters and try to fuse them together if you can.
only about 14k atm. I also have Silver Sonya and Silver Kotal Kahn but they're both only lvl 7. Are either of them good? oh, and i also have a lvl 21 silver reptile but idk if hes that good

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
only about 14k atm. I also have Silver Sonya and Silver Kotal Kahn but they're both only lvl 7. Are either of them good? oh, and i also have a lvl 21 silver reptile but idk if hes that good
Here's a few tips everyone in this thread (and the world, lol) could use:

Tip 1: Look on the back of the card of every character and to see their advantages.

Like I said, Power draining characters (special moves/it has a skull I believe) > Bleed/Poison/Stun characters.

Tip 2: Use complementary character cards together! This is VERY important.

For example: Silver Kenshi's special property: DUAL NATURE - +40% attack when teamed w/Martial Artists; +40% health when teamed with spec ops.

He has two advantages, so you want to play him with either Spec Ops or Martial Art characters, or even both.

Tip 3: MAX out all your character's SUPPORT CARDS if you can. It really does help!

Tip 4: Don't level every character card you have. Select the best cards based on the first two tips, and level up those, to max level.

Tip 5: Always make sure you have your best character card selected first in the 3v3 fights. That way you can tag them out and they gain health/power while you play with your backups.

This works extremely well in the boss battles.

Tip 6: Don't spend too much money on buying coins. Except to level up a character's special (3 levels).

Tip 7: If you purchase souls (with real money) I suggest going for the $20 option (300 souls) and buying 2 Kombat Packs (150 souls each) as you get 1 gold card for sure and possibly some equipment or upgrade cards (come in handy if you are low on coins). You also get A LOT of doubles! How you think I maxed out my Kenshi? Lol

Tip 8: Alliance packs suck, only buy if you want, the prize for getting them isn't as great as the other 2 packs (Kombat Pack & Kard Pack).

Tip 9: If you are out of souls and you don't want to buy (I don't blame you), either do the time reset (which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, for me at least) or go to some of the early battles and play with other (weaker) cards while your Gold or high level Silver cards are regenerating.

Tip 10: Always replace a Daily Bonus Mission that has anything to do with faction wars or online stuff; that is until the 14th!

Once you replace them, it brings up a much easier mission, such as: Complete a Ladder, or Win 3 battles with at least 2 silver cards.

Tip 11: Block often and don't try to be combo heavy.

This game is definitely a block, attack, block, attack, etc. kind of game.

Level 1 specials are great for higher level Silver Cards and Gold Cards and X-rays should NEVER be performed because it takes FOREVER to build up and you will probably be KNOCKED OUT before you can use them.

But there is a Game Center achievement if you perform one. :) Just saying.

Tip 12: For ALL BOSS FIGHTS, pay close attention to what their special advantage is before you fight them (pause the match right away) and play accordingly.

All the assist characters (Sonya, Kitana, Quan Chi, Kenshi) have good attack damage and health, but have to be maintained in order to win.

So for those cases (Reptile/Ermac) make sure you tag out your assist character as soon as you either perform a special or a knockdown/knockback swipe combo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope all these help people who are struggling in the app and or want some expert advice from someone has a shit ton of time (and some money, lol) put in this game already!

Here's my characters I have and their current levels.

The number above the card (in roman numerals) are how many duplicates of the card I have (fused together to make them MUCH stronger).

As you can see my SILVER CARD Kenshi is MUCH stronger than all my GOLD CARDS by a mile! Just keep that in mind when thinking of saving up for that elusive Inferno Scorp!

This is better than trying to level up by normal XP because it increases all the stats by 1,000+ instead of the couple hundred normally!

Last edited:

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
I beat the last tower. However, I didn't get a check mark on the "Complete the forth bracket" in the WB unlocks. Anyone else?

The last boss (as of April 11th 2015) is Ermac. You can only beat Ermac with Kenshi (the game will give you a lvl 30 Kenshi) and bronze cards. This does not mean you can't use gold cards, but they do no damage. It is very much possible to beat Ermac only using Kenshi, I managed to get really close to doing it a couple of times. What I ultimately did was use my two gold cards and tagged them in when I knew Ermac would do his special moves. Honestly, the boss battle is all about luck. Sometimes when Ermac's life is very low he'll absorb your life and add it to his, for some reason he didn't do this when I successfully beat him. Just keep trying and you'll beat him eventually.

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
I'm using the silver sonya with my gold reptile and subzero and shes doing pretty awsome . She is also level 33 while they are 21 tho.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
I beat all the towers but didn't use an X-ray once, I wouldn't recommend spending any money upgrading those. From what I've found lvl 1 specials are the best bang for your buck.

insignis

Noob
actually you don't need to change time for energy. Simply do a hard reboot (home+hold buttons) and all teams will be with full energy.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I haven't fused any yet but I somehow managed to get lucky and get a Gold Quan Chi that supposedly isn't accessible till the kombat pack is available. He revives one of my guys with 25% health the second they die. I just kinda make sure my second strongest guy puts in work before he dies and comes back.

Runks

Noob
You can complete all the towers no gold cards at all. IMO opinion the best card is any scorpion just because level 1 spear is really ridiculous. And to beat boss scorpion I had a silver Kenshi (spec ops/martial artist).

All the gold just went to maxing out spear and duplicating scorpions and energy regeneration.

All you need with scorpion really is a meter and a quarter.

It's because when you combo into spear and they are stunned, stunned lasts for a number of seconds. It isn't cancelled after hits. So all you do is combo into spear and as they are getting pulled in you do a 3hit string. After that they are still stunned. You can do another 3 hit string into another spear for 6 more hits or get a free switch and attack.

Don't do his swipe combos after spear because it knocks them down and thats a chance for a character to switch out. After spears I sometimes swap to Kenshi for a power drain.

Runks

Noob
Also buyable gold Kano is trash unless you feel like overspending on gold to max out his energy regen and X-ray to get it off because his regen is trash and you will never get the X-ray off because his stats really aren't that good and because he is a gold card he takes forever to level up.

I have beaten the game and I never even got a gold card. They are a waste of time in my opinion. Fusing silver cards is where it is at. You can take the cheapest silver character and buy that card over and over again. That will get your stats way beyond anything you can do with a gold character.

I also agree that any special beyond the first one is a waste of koins. It takes too long to build up enough power to do a level 2 or 3 special. Max out your level one special and you are golden.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
None of the towers in the 4th bracket have crumbled in the map screen even though I've beaten them, anyone else have the same thing? @Doctor Future
Yep, same issue with me too.

I don't know why it's like this.

I've beaten all of those towers at least 3 times over and still nothing.

I was gonna delete the app and redownload it to see if that helps, but I'm too scared I'll lose all my progress. Lol

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
I beat all the towers but didn't use an X-ray once, I wouldn't recommend spending any money upgrading those. From what I've found lvl 1 specials are the best bang for your buck.
Hey I'm 1 soul away from being able to do the gold pack I beat all the towers already tho. Does that technique you told me work with souls as well?