What's new

Mortal Kombat The Challenge Tower

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I think it's something very basic or completely over the top. Maybe all classic outfits for characters or something as crazy as making the bosses playable. (which has been done so it isn't that crazy)

So, how far is everyone on the tower? I'm about 135 challenges in. Did 100 on the first day. Had way less time yesterday. Some unique matches in there. I like it.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'm on challenge 205. There've been maybe a handful of challenges that were even challenging. Some of them are just a complete and utter waste of time/imagination.

I'm at 281. It's not too difficult. About a dozen took 10 or more tries. A few took about 20 attempts. I feel compelled to complete this rediculous gauntlet.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
Just finished tower a short while ago. I recorded the last 50 challenges and will up to youtube if they turned out alright.

spoiler:

the bonus only selectable with character menu and does not appear in nekropolis. strange since someone on youtube posted it.

Goofart said:
http://classicmk.com/index.php?topic=1227.msg46186#msg46186

I posted a vid I made of the final tower challenge ^

I won't post the other challenge clips since it's just taking forever to encode :( Tower was definitely fun. Some of the missions such as tilt the world were a royal pain the ass to finish tho lol
I know the feeling, possibly one of the hardest missions. I finished the tower yesterday, almost had a party to celebrate lol.

I only have 2 challenges left. 299 and I think 275 (whichever is Shang vs Baraka,Sindel,Khan. Shang sux, so it is difficult for me. My buddy convinced me to buy past them and now I'm going back to complete for the achievement.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Need help with these challenges...

134 - Beat Kabal using certain Jax's special moves. I can't get Kabal to jump so I can't do the anti-air grab. Does Jax have an easy pop-up?

239 - Using Sindel, hit Kitana 30 times in 45 seconds. I am having a hell of a time pulling this one off. Is there a certain combo that works well here?

300 - I can get to Mileena, then she kicks my ass.

He Is Close

The Puppet Master
^ I just kept doing her spinning cart wheel.

I need mental support because I am 2 days away from breaking this game from trying to fight classic jade.

@DCIguy - For Challenge 134, doesn't the ground pound send Kabal in the air long enough to grab him? Don't remember.

As for Challenge 300, I got to Shao Kahn in the first 5 tries I played and took him down to half energy using Sheeva. But now, I no longer get health bonuses for defeating an enemy. If I even reach Milenna, it's usually with half my health or less and I get crushed pretty quick. I haven't talked to Shao Kahn since Tuesday. I still keep wondering if my decision to select a different character other than Sheeva, (Sheeva was my first choice), affected the game somehow. I just want to know how come I'm not getting any health back like I used to. I'm about to scrape the sensitive side of this disc over a brick wall and snap it in half over my knee.

Ththuvhul said:
@DCIguy - For Challenge 134, doesn't the ground pound send Kabal in the air long enough to grab him? Don't remember.

As for Challenge 300, I got to Shao Kahn in the first 5 tries I played and took him down to half energy using Sheeva. But now, I no longer get health bonuses for defeating an enemy. If I even reach Milenna, it's usually with half my health or less and I get crushed pretty quick. I haven't talked to Shao Kahn since Tuesday. I still keep wondering if my decision to select a different character other than Sheeva, (Sheeva was my first choice), affected the game somehow. I just want to know how come I'm not getting any health back like I used to. I'm about to scrape the sensitive side of this disc over a brick wall and snap it in half over my knee.
That is weird. My buddy played the challenge with Scorpion and I played and beat it with Ermac. I still received the health boost after beating each opponent. I was stuck at Mileena for a bit. Or, I got past her a few times with not enough life to hang in there with Kahn. Eventually the planets aligned and I got past her with a full health bar. Good luck.

Any tips on the 3 Shao Kahns vs. Stryker challenge. I have reached the 3rd Kahn and worn him down, but can't finish this one.

The only tip I can give you is not to mess up when shooting. The second shot always interrupts his green spear. I learned to never use the gun burst advanced attack either, just the regular two shot move because if SK chose to throw a hammer, I'd have time to jump it. You don't always have that option when using the gun burst and I paid several times because of it. Here's another thing that's killing me.... when you jump punch or kick Kintaro out of the air is it best to do this really high up or as he's about to land on you? Lately I've been getting murdered by this move. With Sheeva I just jumped on top of Kintaro or rolled away with Stryker. Now nothing works. I can't even spam fireballs or energy projectiles anymore because the computer won't put up with it. I checked out a few videos but, from what I saw, the computer wasn't really trying. I'd never get away with some of the stuff I saw, not now anyway. Maybe I just need to play a thousand times until the computer feels sorry for me. I'm starting to think this is the strategy to take.

DCIguy said:
Need help with these challenges...

134 - Beat Kabal using certain Jax's special moves. I can't get Kabal to jump so I can't do the anti-air grab. Does Jax have an easy pop-up?

If you still need help with this one try using the neutral jump punch to pop-up

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
Ththuvhul said:
As for Challenge 300, I got to Shao Kahn in the first 5 tries I played and took him down to half energy using Sheeva. But now, I no longer get health bonuses for defeating an enemy.
Did you let the comp beat you and then hit retry? If you hit pause then retry before the computer actually defeats you and asks you to retry then you won't get the health boost. After several beatings, the ai drops and they throw in extra health for you between rounds apparently.

treborlicec said:
Any tips on the 3 Shao Kahns vs. Stryker challenge. I have reached the 3rd Kahn and worn him down, but can't finish this one.
I recorded this but it's not very clear and no audio. You should get the gist of it tho

Thanks Goofart, I just read some info about that today. Thought something was up with the ease some players were having with the challenge. Another thing about the Stryker VS # 3 SK's, if I recall correctly, is that SK is quite a bit more susceptible to getting hit by uppercuts so if you find yourself too close to him try that.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
treborlicec said:
Can't view from work, but I'll definitely check this out tonight. Thanks.
Ththuvhul said:
Thanks Goofart, I just read some info about that today. Thought something was up with the ease some players were having with the challenge.
no prob. yeah the last battle gets tough and I think what a lot of players do is retry before they actually lose which prevents them from getting the added health. The difficulty also seems to drop which does make it easier, but didn't even realize this till after I rewatched the tape.

ScheissNussen said:
I am only to #100 and I can't stand the challenge tower. It isn't fun at all to me and it feels slower than vs. But it has to be done at some point.
It's a neat feature, but it does get extremely tedious especially with the repetitive challenges. Personally I think they should have just cut it down to 100 and make every single challenge totally unique.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
JJvercetti1 said:
If you still need help with this one try using the neutral jump punch to pop-up
Got it, thanks

Now all I have to do it beat End Game. If I use Smoke, I can flawless Goro and Kintaro by using well-timed teleports and jump kicks. Mileena continues to kick my ass, though. I can nail her with an X-ray, but can't do enough damage to take her down. I guess teleport spam is how I'm gonna have to do it...

DCIguy said:
Got it, thanks

Now all I have to do it beat End Game. If I use Smoke, I can flawless Goro and Kintaro by using well-timed teleports and jump kicks. Mileena continues to kick my ass, though. I can nail her with an X-ray, but can't do enough damage to take her down. I guess teleport spam is how I'm gonna have to do it...
Throw her...a lot!